Status: New. I'm not sure how this will end up going. I'm trying it. <3

Greyhound Bound for Nowhere

008

I was exhausted when I finally got to Pittsburgh and hailed a cab. All I wanted to do was get to Leah’s and find somewhere to sleep. I tried to sleep on every flight, but there were damn screaming babies on every one.

“Miss? We’ve arrived,” the cab driver said, coming to a stop.

I sighed, “Thank you.” I paid him what I owed, and gathered all of my luggage. I struggled up to the front door, but I did make it. I straightened out my clothes before I rang the door bell.

When the door opened, I had to look up, as it was a guy, not my sister standing in front of me.

“Hey, uh, is Leah home?” I asked.

He raised an eyebrow, “Are you Avery?”

I nodded.

He opened the door wider, and then noticed all my luggage before helping me drag it inside.

“I’m Jordan. Leah is in the kitchen,” he said, smiling.

“Hi,” I said, and I looked around the room, noticing two other guys sitting on the couch playing XBOX.

I bit my lip as Leah walked into the living room.

“AVERY!!” she exclaimed, running and hugging me.

I laughed, “Hey.”

“I’m so glad you’re okay. You haven’t been answering your phone and the guys are going nuts.”

I shrugged, “I’ve had it turned off since I left, sorry.”

“Kalen said you just packed a bag and left without a word.”

“That asshole is probably too embarrassed to be honest about what he said to me, and did.”

Leah raised an eyebrow, “You look like you need a shower and relax for a minute. Bathroom is down the hall, you can put your bags in the guest room. When you’re done, we will talk.”

I nodded and tried not to sniffle before I followed her to the guest room, and then she walked back out. I grabbed a bra, underwear, the shirt I stole from Brian and a pair of black sweat pants. I made my way down the hall and into the bathroom, noticing the towels above the toilet, and then I turned the water on before I started slipping my clothes off. I sighed as I let the extremely hot water wash over my sore muscles. I used Leah’s shampoo, conditioner and body wash, which was cherry blossom. At least I’d smell good now. I was freezing though as soon as I stepped out of the hot water, and grabbed a towel.

I dried off, and dried my hair as good as possible before slipping on clean clothes. I walked back to the guest room, and dropped my things off. I thought about turning my phone on, but decided against it until after I talked to Leah about everything.

As I walked back into the kitchen, Leah took my hand and drug me over to the table.

“Okay, spill.”

“You got the time to listen? And what about your boyfriend and his friends?”

“Yes, I do, and they’re playing Call of Duty, so they won’t even know what’s going on in here.”

I just nodded, “You got ice cream and some vodka? Cuz I’m gonna need both to get me through this story.”

“Duh, let me get it.”

She poured me a glass of Smirnoff vodka, and then made me a bowl of Cookie Dough ice cream, before sitting them both down in front of me.

“Now spill it,” she demanded, giving me the spoon.

I took a bit of ice cream, and then a sip of my drink.

“Well, I didn’t just leave. Kalen kicked my ass out.”

“Wha-?”

“No, don’t interrupt me. I know you love it but don’t.”

Leah nodded, and I rolled my eyes.

“See, you know how I’ve had it bad for Brian since I met him? And apparently, he felt the same. We’ve been messing around behind Michelle’s back for the past six months. I tried to end it one time, and I just couldn’t. I fell in love with him, Leah, and he told me he loved me too. He loves her more though, and I was such an idiot for thinking he’d fall more in love with me and leave her. And it was stupid of me to believe he wasn’t having sex with me, and then going home and having sex with his wife. What started this all is that they found out she’s pregnant….and Michelle loves him with her whole heart, and I know she wouldn’t cheat.”

I looked up at Leah, and her eyes were huge. I took a sip, and then ate some ice cream.

“Well, a couple of nights ago, the night of our BBQ, Brian had come over. We had sex, and then in the midst of me trying to cuddle with him, he told me about her being pregnant. I told him to leave and that we were done. I cried myself to sleep, and didn’t go to work so Kalen checked on me. He told me I looked like I’d had my heart broken. I said I did. He called me a home wrecking slut, and that he didn’t want me living there anymore. I packed some of my shit, and booked it out of there. Now you can talk.”

“Holy fucking shit. Are you out of your fucking mind Avery? I’m pissed, but it’s really none of my business, and it sure wasn’t Kalen’s job to kick you out like that. What a lying jerk our brother is….but he did sound worried. I texted him and told you were here and okay.”

I started laughing at her, “I think that’s the most I’ve heard you cuss in a sentence, and thanks.”

“So, do you still love him?”

I sniffled, “Yeah…..he’s the first one I’ve ever loved like that. I’m such an idiot.”

“Aw, hunny, you’re not an idiot. You just made a mistake. You just need to learn from it.”

She pulled me into a hug, and I lost it. I cried for about ten minutes before I pulled away from her.

“Go clean your face, turn your phone on, and then come out here and meet the other two guys. We will play them in COD, and beat their asses.”

I smiled, “Sounds like a plan.”

After washing my face, and walking back to the guest room, I grabbed my phone. I held my breath as I turned it on.

100 missed calls
58 voicemails
200 unread text messages

I deleted everything, and then sent a mass text to everyone who cared telling them I was okay, and with Leah. I told them not to text back right now. I turned the phone on silent and set it on the bed before walking into the living room.

“Guys, this is my sister Avery. Avery, this is my boyfriend Jordan Staal. I know he answered the door, but yeah, and this is Sidney Crosby, and Kris Letang.”

“Hi, you guys can call me A.J if you want, everyone else does.”

Sidney smiled, “You can call me Sid.”

“So, how did you guys all meet?” I asked.

“Um, well, see, Jordan, Sid, and Kris all play hockey for the Penguins. I met Kris first because he bought flowers for his fiancé, and then he introduced me to Jordan and Sid.”

I nodded, “That’s cool. I’m not really into hockey or sports in general, so forgive me for not knowing who you were.”

“Nah, it’s all cool,” Kris said, smiling.

“So, the whole celebrity thing isn’t going to bother you?” Sidney asked, raising an eyebrow.

I laughed, “You do know who mine and Leah’s brother is right? Kalen Anderson, lead singer for Animosity. Yeah, it doesn’t bother me. My best friends are his band mates and the guys in Avenged Sevenfold.”

“Oh well, that’s cool,” he replied.

I bit down on one of my snake-bites in thought.

“So, did those hurt, sis?”

“My piercings? Eh, pain is all relative. The only thing that hurt was the tattoo I got on my finger. That shit sucks, and I’m a dumbass for getting it because I have to get it re-touched every now and then.”

Leah just laughed at me, “Let’s play some video games. Sidney, you can play my sister, but I warn you, she will kick your ass.”

Sidney cracked up, “Let her try.”

“Oh you’re pushing yourself into a hole, Crosby.” I smirked.

Oh, it’s on.