Almost Easy

Chapter Nineteen

Brian and I returned to our floor after a lovely dinner in the hotel’s restaurant, and decided to check on Zacky. He had not been the same since we left Australia, and he seriously missed Danni. Which in our band discussion (minus Zacky) earlier in the week, we concluded that something had to be done. Val's idea of having Danni “sing” on the new album went down well with the rest of the group, so we sent Danni tickets and she was to arrive next week. We knocked on Zacky’s door, and waited for it to be opened, except there was no answer. Brian flipped open his cell phone and rang Zacky, we heard his phone going off inside, and we started to get worried.

“He wouldn’t do anything stupid would he Hun?” I asked. Brian did not look to convincing when he shook his head and then opened the door with the spare key Zacky had given him earlier. We walked into the room only to see Zacky and Danni making out profusely, and Danni was half-undressed.

“Whoa! Way to go Zack!” said Brian laughing, causing the two to stop in their tracks and look at us in shock. Danni quickly pulled down her shirt, came over, and hugged me tightly and I could not help but laugh.

“El we need to talk,” she said dragging me into the bedroom and locking the door, I looked at her confused at why she needed to talk to me so bad.

“So…. What’s up?” I asked when there had been a few minutes of awkward silence.

“Okay, um don’t hate me okay. Well I think, um I think I might be pregnant.” She said with a tear running down her face.

“Oh…” I replied

“Yeah, and well it is Zacky’s because I hadn’t had sex for like…”

“Okay I don’t need to know.” I said that before she could delve into that part of her life I did not exactly want to know about. “Have you taken a test?” I asked and she nodded, “you going to tell him?” I asked, and I saw her face wince in pain.

“I’m not sure if I am keeping it El…,” she said looking ashamed, I nodded even though I did not exactly approve of abortion.

“Um, well you know he loves you and would understand anything.”

“Understand what?” asked Zacky walking into the room from the bathroom. Danni obviously did not know that the bathroom connected both the sitting area and the bedroom.

“I think I will leave you too alone…” I said walking out of the room to join Brian on the couch, and as I did, he slid his arm around me and gave me a peck on my head.

“What’s up sweets?” he said looking deep within my eyes.

“She’s pregnant,” I said

“Really! Wow relationship tester right there.”

“He loves her though right?”

“Yeah, but babe we are just starting our careers how would you like it if we had a kid running around the bus with us?” he said looking at me, this remark made me furious. How could he say something like that when less then 6 months ago there was a great chance of a kid running around on the bus? The thought of my little babies that did not get to live life made my eyes water and a tear slide down my face.

“Babe I didn’t mean it like that…” he said, I shook my head and pushed him away from me. I ran down the hall until I found Jimmy’s room. I knocked on the door and he let me in and shut the door behind me pulling me into a giant hug.

‘Will we ever get over this?’ I thought silently as I sobbed into Jimmy’s chest.