Almost Easy

Chapter Twenty Six

Knew the signs wasn’t right
I was stupid, for a while
Swept away, by you
And now I feel like a fool

So confused
My heart’s bruised
Was I ever loved by you?
Out of reach, so far
I never had your heart
Out of reach, couldn’t see
We were never met to be

Catch myself, from despair
I could drown if I stay here
Keeping busy, every day
I know I will be ok

But I’m
So confused
My heart’s bruised
Was I ever loved by you?
Out of reach, so far
I never had your heart
Out of reach, couldn’t see
We were never met to be

So much hurt, so much pain
Takes a while to regain
What is lost inside
And I hope that in time
You’ll be out of my mind
I’ll be over you

And know I’m
So confused
My heart’s bruised
Was I ever loved by you?
Out of reach, so far
I never had your heart
Out of reach, couldn’t see
We were never met to be
Out of reach, so far,
You never gave your heart
In my reach, I can see
There’s a life out there for me


I sang along with the songs on the end of Bridget Jones, I wish I could find my Mr. Darcy. Oh, wait I did and he turned out to be a fucking prick. It had been a week and Zacky had told me he had given up looking for me, as far as he was concerned I had left him forever.

“Elora honey, you know I would hate to break up your venting but my fucking water just broke,” Danni said in panic.

“I’ll grab your bags you just go wait in the car,” I said running to the nursery to get her hospital bag. I flipped out my cell phone and called my mum.

“Mum its Elora, no time to chat Danni’s water just broke and we are just about to head to the hospital can you ring Zacky and meet us down there?” I said descending the stairs.

“Yeah sure thing,” she said and I hung up the phone and got into the car.

The guys had begun recording a week ago, as the record company was getting restless and wanted to put out a new hit album. However, the studio was a good hour’s drive. We pulled up and admitted her to the maternity ward, they were expecting here as mum phoned ahead. She was quickly whisked away to a room where a doctor examined her.

“Mum!” I said hugging her as she walked through the maternity doors.

“How is my baby girl?” she asked referring to Danni, as my mother had taken her in as her own.

“She’s okay, they have just taken her to examine her now,” I said before we heard an agonizing scream from her room.

“Shell, Elora she’s asking for you guys,” said the nurse who had worked with mum before she retired.

“This isn’t looking good guys, is the father on the way the obstetrician asked my mother,” she nodded and walked outside with the doctor as I went and hugged my cousin.

“Okay guys we need to take her to surgery pronto,” said the obstetrician walking back in with my mother who had tears in her eyes. The barriers where put up on the bed and they began wheeling Danni towards the operating theatre.

“Elora is Zacky here?” she said in panic, and I shook my head saying no.

“Elora, tell him I love him okay, and I love you and your mum,” she said crying.

“Danni just tell him when you get out okay,” I said trying to get her to think rationally as she screamed in pain.

“Elora, if anything happens to me, I want you and Zacky to look after my baby,” she said as she went into the sterile room.

~Zacky’s P.O.V~

I ran into the hospital, an hour and a half after Elora’s mum’s phone call. I ran up the stairs to maternity and saw Elora collapse on the floor in a heap of tears. Shell was sobbing but the lady in the white coat was comforting her, something was not right.

“Shell what’s wrong?” I asked, puffing when I got to her

“Who are you?” the lady asked.

“I’m Zacky Baker, I am the father of Danni’s baby,” I said angrily.

“Sir, I’m sorry during the birthing process there were some complications,”

“And?”

“And, well you partner lost a lot of blood and we tried everything we did. However we weren’t able to resuscitate her.”