Almost Easy

Chapter Three

When I got home, I just ran straight to the bathroom and threw my guts up. Not that there was much there, I felt the bile and stomach acids burn my oesophagus. Why must he taunt me like that? My heart ached in pain; I looked down at my wrists that already had scares from my past. So much pain had built up in the past couple of weeks; I missed my real friends back home in Australia. They talked to me whenever they could, but they had their HSC soon the time difference was making it hard. My Dad and Mum where never at home as they were constantly working to try to pay off bills. Besides when they were home, I would be working at the supermarket stacking shelves to earn a bit of money. I contemplated cutting myself, but I promised myself I would not though. I traced the bulge of a scare that almost caused my demise 3 years ago, when hot soothing liquids poured from the gapping slash. I swallowed my pride as I sat on my bathroom toilet, trying furiously to undo the disposable razor, to get out the sharp blade that would ease my pain.

I finally revealed the blade, and without further thinking I pressed it against my wrist drawing across my arm several times leaving a sea of crimson blood to drift progressively down the sink. I waited five minutes and the flow still hadn’t stopped, I went to my room and sat on my chair and wrapped a bandage around my arm. I felt light headed, and saw the light in Brian’s room turn on. I looked down at my wrist, the once pristine bandage was now a dark red, I looked over out the window, and saw Brian scattering across the limbs of the tree to my window.

“Elora? Elora can you hear me?” said a muffled voice, as my whole world turned to dark.