Almost Easy

Chapter Seven

A year had past, and me and Brian where officially an item. Sure we had to put up with the bitchy rumors spread around by Michelle, but we lived. However unlike Matt and Val, who seemed almost inseparable, me and Brian knew when the other needed space. It was easier that way, it meant we didn’t get sick of each others presence and the sex was amazing. It was a week out from graduation the guys band had been going great and there following around the Huntington Beach had only grown after the local radio stations agreed to play there demo.

We were sitting around at Val’s enjoying a few graduating drinks, and chatting about our futures. The guys had gone out for a minute to try and get some alcohol with Johnny’s fake i.d. Val asked me what I was going to do and I said I would probably just stay in Huntington Beach and find a job as a make-up technician or a hair-stylist. Val gave me an odd look along with the other girls.

“What?” I said looking worried, what was wrong with my idea? I had done a great job on Zacky’s hair, and had done the make up for the guys band photo’s that Val had organized. This by the way turned out great.

“Aren’t you going to come to L.A. with the Brian?” Said Val confused.

“Um…what?” I said slightly confused, Brian hadn’t mentioned anything about L.A.

“They have a record deal… I thought you knew…” said Cassie looking at me with eyes filled with concern.

“Oh… umm well this is new.” I said glaring at Brian who had just walked into the room.
I walked over to Brian who knew something was up, now I was fuming, and he was on top of my list of favourite people now. How could he keep such a huge thing from me, and apparently they had known for quite some time as well, which made me even more upset. I was standing less than a meter away from him, and I could not bring myself to look him in the face. I had bared my soul to him, I loved him and I thought he would at he loved me too.

“I’m sorry, I was going to tell you,” he said looking rather sheepishly, and I felt tears well up in my eyes.

“And when exactly would that of been Brian? When you were in L.A. and I was here wondering where the fuck you are!” I yelled,

“El, please you’re making a scene,” said Brian, putting his arm around me, to be honest I could not give a shit what I was doing now. Everyone in the room would be heading to L.A. in a few weeks without me anyways.

“My name is Elora god damn it! Why don’t you go fuck yourself Brian Haner or Synyster Gates whatever the fuck you want to want to be called!” I said storming out the door. I heard footsteps behind me so I quickened up my pace.

“Elora, please wait…” said Brian, I stopped and whipped the tears from my eyes, then slowly turned around to see Brian standing there with open arms, with the rest of the gang spilling out of the door.

“It is too late to be sorry now Brian… It’s over.” I said storming over to my house, tears pouring down his face.