Status: COMPLETE :D

The Blister Exists.

Preaching Werewolf Prayers On A Nightly Flight

~Corey's POV~

After collecting my thoughts, I gathered the guys, and decided to plan out our next move. I directed Sid to go with Wednesday and Pippin to preform whatever ceremony or ritual that needed to be done in order to bring a dog back to life. Joey would join me in getting blood for us to drink, and attempting to contact Otep. We wouldn't tell her of our plan, or mention that we have Annie at all. She'd grow suspicious, and probably kill Constance just for mentioning her dog... if she hadn't already. The strange instance in the bedroom gave me hope that Constance was still alive, but the ghosts in this house have been known to lie before. Still, I had no choice but to trust it. I wondered how it knew anything, or if it even mattered. We probably wouldn't see her until Otep agreed to the exchange, but knowing where she might be was a good idea just in case she refused.

I told myself, when I see her again I'm going to take her to meet my maker. The thought of this gave me more enthusiasm, and boosted my spirits to not fail. I had to see her, I had to touch her, and I had to tell her just how important she has become to me. For a vampire, taking someone to meet your maker was a pretty big deal. Bigger even than a human taking their new boyfriend or girlfriend home to meet the parents. A maker's approval was much more significant. If the maker did not approve of whomever they were meeting, they could order you to stop seeing him or her... Of course, it is less of an order and more of a strong suggestion. In the old days, a maker's word was law. However now, vampires are much more liberal.

I stood in the living room smoking a cigarette. I didn't need it, but something about them calmed me down. I knew the tobacco and nicotine had no effect on me, but it kept my mind off of the horrors Constance may be going through.

“Hey, you about ready?” Joey asked picking up some car keys.

I nodded and followed him outside.

❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦

~Wednesday's POV~

Although I wasn't exactly thrilled to be working with the love of my life's partner, it did give me the opportunity to feel him out, and see why Joey cared so much about him. “Have you ever done anything like this before?” I asked him watching his face twist when Pippin dropped the rotting puppy corpse onto a table we had set up to act as a makeshift alter.

“No.” He answered putting his hand to his face.

This particular ritual wouldn't take very long, since the dog wouldn't be needed for much. I reached into my bag of tricks and took out a couple of small bottles.

“So what are you going to do here?” Sid asked me watching me curiously. I figured that as a vampire he'd have a little more knowledge on this stuff, but I guess I figured wrong. “What's it going to be like?”

“Have you seen the movie, Pet Sematary?” I asked him with a grin.

“Yeah... oooh.” I could tell his fascination was growing, but still couldn't see what Joey saw in this guy.

I began to the ritual, as Sid kept a look out for any intruders, and Pippin stood by to assist. These usually left me feeling pretty drained, and this time was no different. About 2 hours and 30 minutes in, I collapsed, but thankfully I had finished. Pippin quickly trapped the zombie dog inside of a metal carrying case, and Sid helped me to my feet. I was completely delirious though. Drained physically, mentally, and spiritually. There was no way I'd be able to make it back into the mansion on my own. Sensing this, Sid lifted me from the ground and carried me in his arms, princess style. Joey could never do that, not without it feeling awkward. I heard the dog gnashing against the container, and Pippin trying to calm it down, but it didn't matter. The creature was only a blood thirsty monster, now.

Sid sat me on the couch in the living room and knelt beside me with a bottle of water. He even helped me drink it. Maybe he wasn't such a bad guy... but he was not good for Joey. I knew that much, because only I could be Joey's perfect mate.

“So, how long have you been with him?” I asked Sid regaining my strength and sitting up.

“W-what do you mean?” He seemed surprised. Was I not supposed to know?

“You and Joey.”

“I um, I'm not sure what you're talking about.” He looked away.

“Don't bull shit me, man. I've known Joey for a long time. You think he wouldn't tell me?” I wanted to play off of his feelings. I wanted him to suspect Joey and I had something, so that I wouldn't have to tell him... and if he wanted to think we were still seeing eachother, that'd be okay with me too.

“I've known him longer.” He growled showing me his fangs as if to try and intimidate me.

I chuckled a little under my breath and took another swig of the water. “Maybe in this life.”

He rolled his eyes and sat on a chair leaning back with his legs spread open and feet planting firmly on the floor.

“But in this life, Joey and I go way back.” I continued to taunt him. “Maybe not in years, but in experiences.”

“What do you mean?” He asked with a dumb puzzled look on his face.

“Wait, you don't know?” I laughed pretending I was as clueless as he was. “How close are you guys? Seems to me like you don't even talk.”

“He didn't tell me.” Sid said in a tone as if to hint for me to say it.

“Joey and I were in love at one point. He was even going to change me.” I may have lied a little, but I knew that if Joey would have stayed long enough, he eventually would have done it.

“You're lying.” Sid said knowing I wasn't.

“Why would I lie about that?” I asked shaking my head and shrugging a little.

A moment or two of silence passed before Sid broke it. “Is that why you're here?”

“I'm here to do a job.” I answered pointing to the cage holding the dog.

“Don't fuck with me, Wednesday.” Sid said in a growl. I wasn't afraid of him, and I think he knew it.

If anything, he, and all vampires for that matter, should be afraid of me. Even if they weren't souless as everybody seemed to think they were, my powers could cripple their population... My powers were also the reason my love left me. The reason he wouldn't turn me. I didn't want them if it meant I couldn't be with him forever. I sighed thinking of this.

❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦

~Corey's POV~

“Let me talk to her, at least let me hear her voice.” I pleaded to Otep on the phone. I hated playing this game with her, but I knew it was the only way to save Constance.

“Let you? LET YOU? Why the fuck should I let you do anything? I should just kill this bitch now and end this.” She sounded as if she were losing her mind.

“Please. I'm willing to make this right, you just have to trust me.”

“I don't have to do shit.” She snapped.

“I didn't me-”

“She's not with me.” Otep interrupted in.

“Where is she?” The worry in my voice had to be obvious.

“She's alive, and that's all you need to know right now.” There was a giggle in her voice.

“When can I see her?” I asked.

“Soon enough.” She answered.

“WHEN?!” I screamed probably breaking her eardrums through the phone. My patience was wearing thin.

“Soon enough.” She disconnected. I tried to call the number back, however it went to voicemail.

“Hi, you've reached Samantha! Leave a message at the beep!” The strange perky voice said. Otep must have stolen somebody's cell phone.

Great.

“We're going to figure this out, Corey.” Joey said keeping his attention to the road. I could tell that there was something else going on in his head, and if this were any other situation, I'd address it, but now... all I could think about was her.

We pulled up into the drive way of the mansion. Joey grabbed the cooler of blood, and followed me inside. Wednesday was lying on the couch, looking fucking exhausted. Sid sat on a chair with an unreadable expression, and the metal carrying case sat on the floor with the zombie dog inside.

“Successful night?” I asked picking up the case and looking at it intently. This would be the key to getting back Constance!

“Sure.” Sid said sounding harsh. “You could say that.”

“Dare I ask?” I said sitting the case back onto the floor.

Sid shook his head know, and looked to Joey. Something was definitely going on here.

“Fuck.” Joey said looking to Wednesday, and then me. “We didn't get him anything.”

“Auh yes, one of the hardships of being human.” Sid said in a snide voice walking over to Joey but keeping his eyes on Wednesday.

“Something on your mind, buttercup?” Wednesday asked pulling together all of his strength to jump up. This wasn't a smart idea. Even if Wednesday was stronger, Sid could easily overpower him.

“Why don't you tell me.” Sid said almost puffing his chest out. “You seem to know every fucking thing!”

“ENOUGH!” I roared tired of their petty drama. “Sid, prepare everyone for a feeding. Joey, please run out and grab Wednesday something to eat. He will need his strength just as much as we do.” The room was silent after I spoke, but they all obeyed.

I couldn't let this continue. Not now. We need everyone working together if we are to get Constance back alive. I understand their frustrations. I know she hadn't been around long enough to be so significant, but that did not matter to me. Something about her drew me in. I needed her to be okay.

“KFC, if you don't mind.” Wednesday said with a wink. Joey rolled his eyes, and headed back out.

I walked to Sid and put my hand on his shoulder. “When this is all over with, you me and Joey need to have a serious talk.” This made Sid laugh a little, but I knew it was more out of fear than anything....

..

When Joey returned, we began our feeding. Knowing Otep, she would probably want to do this during the day. Sometime when we would be at our weakest. She had the convenience of transforming into her wolf at will, and even if she wasn't under a full moon, she'd still be pretty fucking strong. We could not risk drinking animal blood. Even if it meant going through the withdrawals of coming off of it once this was over. The thought was overwhelming, but I kept her image in my mind, and tried to only think of our mission.

The night was silent. Too silent. An awkward tension filled the room. I had to step outside, and maybe let them deal with it. I tried to trace where she might have stepped. Otep's scent was all over, and I wouldn't think otherwise. I was sure she was in the cave that the spirit told us about, but I also knew Otep needed help getting her there.

Joey's phone rang inside of my pocket. “Otep.” I knew who it was.

“Mmhm.” She snickered. She began to give me coordinates and I recognized them as being the same the spirit had given. “Be there at noon. Not a moment before, not a moment after.” Before I could comment, she hung up.

This was it.

I walked back into the house to alert the others. Wednesday would need to sleep soon, and the guys would need to drink more. Tomorrow we're going into battle.

❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦

~Contance's POV~

I tried to go back to Madison, to plead for her help, but I couldn't. It wasn't working. Something was keeping me near my body. I should have just waited for Corey to figure shit out on his own. I knew he'd be smart enough to, but something in me just had to do something.

“Fuck!” I cried out.

“Rest up, deary.” Otep said tossing a cell phone in water to Emilie. “Tomorrow's going to be a big day for you.” She smiled warmly. It was creepy.

“If you don't get out of my body, I'm going to die! Don't you understand?!” I was trying to reason with it.

It nodded and looked frightened. However, it didn't leave. Maybe it truly couldn't leave? Maybe it had been in for too long? I remember Madison mentioning something about a vampire's body being harder for a spirit to jump into, but maybe the real trick was getting out.

If Corey manages to rescue me without one of us dying, maybe the spirit would be able to leave, or tell Corey what was happening and he could find someone to fix it! I doubted it. The invader only seemed scared thinking about death. If my body doesn't die, it's not likely to want to leave... if it could.