Status: COMPLETE :D

The Blister Exists.

My Soul Is In Recession

~Constance's POV~

It was dark, but I could see everything clearly. Sound came in but echoed around my skull. The only clear voice I could hear was his. I couldn't leave, and I couldn't push him out. Why didn't I just wait? Madison could have helped me then. But no, I was impatient and jealous. Do you know what it's like to feel like you're the crazy voice inside of someone's head? Like you're a hallucination or something that doesn't belong? Watching him use my body as a play thing was devastating. When Corey touched me, I got no satisfaction out of it, but he did. I could feel myself growing weak, as if I were fading out.

❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦

~Corey's POV~

Something was not right with Constance. I tried to be patient with her, hoping that maybe she would come around, but I was losing hope. A couple of weeks went by and her behavior was beginning to scare me. I thought that maybe it might be fun to take her out on a hunt. Rabbits, squirrels, maybe even deer. I was wrong.

“Okay, do you smell that?” I asked her referring to the scent of a young doe about a mile away.

She nodded with a blood thirsty look in her eyes and her tongue poking out of the corner of her mouth.

“Relax.” I said with my hand on her back to try and keep her grounded. It was no use. She took off after it with incredible speed. Jumping up into trees and hitting the ground again.

I lost her for a moment, but then the smell of the does blood wafted into my nose. It was in a small clearing where I met up with her again. She sat Indian style in the grass with the doe's body stretched across her lap. The blood glistened in the moonlight. It was almost romantic.

She didn't kill the doe, not at first anyway. I walked around to see what she was doing with it. It's eyes never left me. It was like it was begging for me to just kill it, and when I saw her, I didn't blame it. She had it's stomach ripped open, and she was drinking the blood like a dog from a bowl. Her eyes met mine and she stopped. Grinning like a maniac, her eyes never leaving mine, she begin to smash her fist into the doe. She enjoyed torturing it. She got some sick pleasure out of it.

I walked over to the doe and snapped its neck putting it out of its misery. “Let's go.” I said lifting her up by the armpit and walking her away from it. She was giggling. I felt like I was dealing with an unruly child, and in a way I suppose that I was.



The next few days I thought about what I could do, and the only thing that came to mind was to take her to meet my maker. I had been planning on doing this anyway, but now I needed to. Surely if anybody could help me it'd be him. I wasn't completely sure if it was a good idea, but I had no other option. I couldn't leave her at the mansion with Joey and Sid. She's not their responsibility, and she is a big one. Her makers were off doing god knows what. They left her to me, so although it was not my blood and my venom inside of her, she was mine.

“Are you sure this is a good idea?” Joey asked me helping me with our bags.

“No.” I answered as honestly as I possibly could. “But it's my only other option. I know that this is not her, she's different.”

“Corey, listen to what you're saying. You barely knew this girl before this all started with Otep, now you're willing to dishonor your clan by begging for help? And for what? A new vampire who can't make up her mind if she wants to fuck you or wants to eat you?” Joey said keeping his voice down so Constance wouldn't hear. If she wanted to she could, but unless she focuses in on us, she wont.

His words struck a nerve with me, but I shook it off. “I'll call you when we land in Vegas.”



To make the trip quicker, we took a private jet to Las Vegas. Not only that, but I wanted to make sure no humans would be harmed, killed, or made aware of our existence. A limo was waiting for us after we landed, just as I had planned. Everything was seeming to work out. I decided we would stay at the Aladdin Hotel, since most of the staff were vampires themselves. They were all wanderers, nomads, loners, etc. etc. That was until they met him and he took them in. Teaching them how to live off of animal blood, and how to use their individual skills to live among humans without them growing suspicious. He was one of the first vampires to consume human food and drink something other than blood. We can do this, but our digestive system doesn't exactly work. When eating we'd have to drink some of our venom with the food to help it dissolve. Instead of taking a shit, we'd vomit it back up. It's not pleasant, but in order to blend in, it gets the job done. I remember when we first got Constance, one of her concerns was not being able to enjoy the taste of food anymore. I decided that once this was figured out, I'd show her how to eat human food.

“Corey! I heard rumors of you coming.” My maker said appearing in the doorway of our room. He stood with his hands balled into fists on his hips. His hair was messy and untamed, but looked silky smooth. It was like he had it styled professionally to look this way. He wore a tight black t-shirt with gray skulls patterned on it, and at least 3 necklaces hung around his neck. One of which was his trade mark symbol, A. They looked silver, but I knew he wouldn't be stupid enough to wear real silver.

“By rumors you mean Joey or Sid called you?” I smiled hugging him close.

“Indeed.” He said with false shame. “And this must be Constance.” He walked towards Constance with his arms open ready to embrace her as well.

This made me nervous, as well it should have. “How much did they tell you?” I asked seeing her flinch and hide behind me.

“Nothing.” He said eying her cautiously. “Only that you would be visiting.” He looked to me. “But this isn't just a friendly visit, is it?”

I shook my head and answered “No.” He walked over to the window and I shut the door to the room gathering my words. I was lucky to have him as a maker. 1500 years old, Criss Angel has seen it all. He was a world famous illusionist, or rather the “Mind Freak.” He's seen and dealt with all types of people, and creatures, I knew that he'd be able to get into Constance's head and figure out what the fuck was going on with her.

“Constance, how are you feeling now?” Criss asked after I had explained to him everything that had happened. He knelt down to put his face at her level and spoke softly.

She spit in his face.

He stood up and wiped it off. I was surprised that he was laughing. “Corey, I have to get ready for a show. I want you to bring Constance with you to see it. Afterwards, we'll leave Constance with my guards, and we'll go for a drink. I'd like to catch up with you. You know, see how your clan is doing, and what not.”

“No offense sir, but the only thing I want right now is to know if there is something that can be done to help her. I swear to you that this is not her normal behavior.” I said in a pleading tone.

“You don't trust me?” He asked glaring at me, his smile fading.

“I do, sir, bu-”

“But nothing. I am your maker.” He sounded offended. “How about this, come to the show tonight, bring the girl. After, I'm going to take her to my private suite.” He said. “I'll do what I can to diagnose her... behavior disorder, and once I'm done I'll call for you.”

“Thank you.” I said less than thrilled with the plan. Criss had a bit of a reputation with females, but that's not what worried me the most. Constance showed blatant disrespect by spitting in his face. Honestly, I was a bit surprised that he didn't attack her for that.

He made his way to the other side of the room and opened the door, stopped, turned around, and eyed Constance but spoke to me. “Make sure she's dressed nice.” After a wink and spun around and seemed to have disappeared in a cloud of smoke.

A couple of girls walked into the room after him. They identified themselves and explained that they were there to help Constance get ready. They came with a suit bags of clothes, and cases full of what I imagined was hair products and makeup. They pushed me out of the room and began prepping her. I should have known Criss would arrange something like this.

I sat outside waiting for what seemed like an eternity, when suddenly the door opened. “Mr Taylor, you'll need to put this on.” One of the girls said handing me a suit. Reluctantly I accepted it and walked inside trying to catch a peek of Constance, but she was hidden behind a sheet. I went into the bathroom and changed.

When I walked back into the room my jaw hit the floor. Not literally, but if it weren't attached to my face, it very well might have. She was wearing an elegant black gown that accentuated her curves and other assets. Her hair was braided and put up into a neat bun. She was more beautiful than I could have imagined.

“We'll escort you guys to the show.” The girls said in unison. It was creepy.

The show was held at the Luxor Hotel and Casino. The humans assumed his illusions were all smoke and mirrors, and some of them may have been, but for the most part Criss Angel was the real deal.



The show ended and the audience made their way out. Constance and I were instructed to stay in our seats.

“So, how'd you enjoy the show?” Criss said appearing behind us.

“It was great.” I answered smiling. I wasn't really that impressed, but to move things along, a bit of ass kissing was needed.

“Thank you, Corey.” He smiled warmly and took a seat next to Constance. She scooted away. “I have a car outside waiting for you, go ahead back to the Aladdin. I'll be in touch.” His eyes were fixed on her, like she was a juicy tomato waiting to be plucked. I hated the feeling I was getting, but I had no other choice if I wanted to help her.

So I left.