A Time to Love

Moment In Time

I grabbed my bag from the sofa and locked up the house before jumping into my car. Tonight was the guy’s concert and they had been at the venue for most the day, sound checking and practicing. This was there first proper concert since there little year break where Brian and Matt had decided to teach for a year. I sometimes wondered how my life would be if they hadn’t taught that year or if they had done it this year instead. Alisha and I wouldn’t have had the opportunity to meet the men we were in love with and our futures would be completely different. I think I would be in New York right now, living in a dorm and having pointless relationships. Sometimes it made me sick to think that if something hadn’t gone the way it had, then I wouldn’t have Brian in my life.

I pulled up outside Alisha’s house just as she locked up and got into the passenger side. She shot me a smile, which I returned. The other night she had rang me in complete joy after telling Matt about the pregnancy and how he was excited. She told me about his moment of shock and we both that down as being normal. Shock made you do stupid things, such as walking out the door like Matt had done.

“Is it weird that I’m nervous?” Alisha laughed, fiddling with the music so it became background music. I shook my head and looked at her from the corner of my eye.

“No of course not,” I reassured, “This is a complete new experience for us, plus it’s our first time with the guys around their fans. Who knows how they will react to us!” Brian had told me last night that after the show they would be setting up a booth outside where fans could meet them and get autographs. He had told me that he wanted me there because it was about time the world was introduced to ‘his girl’ as he put it. The fans had always taken differently to each girlfriend. Leana was loved by many, though some said she wasn’t good enough for Jimmy, which I found a pile of shit because they were amazing together. Gena, unfortunately wasn’t as liked too much, which again I did not get. Brian had told me that I didn’t have much to live up too since Michelle wasn’t liked either, though Val had always been the number one girl that all the fans loved. I felt for Alisha, but if Val was anything like her sister, then Alisha had no competition. Everyone would love her, just like I instantly taken to her two years ago now.

“Matt was pretty honest about his ex and how their fans adored her,” Alisha said as we pulled up outside the back of the venue. She was nibbling her bottom lip and looking worried. I grabbed her hand and squeezed it.

“They will love you,” I said with a warm smile, “If their too hate anyone, it will be me. It’s just impossible to hate you!” Alisha seemed happier after my small pep talk, but I hadn’t helped myself. Alisha came across much shyer and sweeter than me, a quality I lacked; but I wasn’t going to be someone I wasn’t. At the end of the day, I hadn’t done anything to earn anyone’s hates, except taking any hope of Brian being theirs; oh how life sucked sometimes!

We both headed out the car and both showed the bouncers our passes before we were ushered through the doors. We found ourselves walking towards the dressing room where the boys were preparing themselves before the show started. We knocked first before a hyped up Jimmy answered, tugging us both into the room. I quickly grabbed onto Alisha who nearly stumbled and Matt instantly ran to her side, making sure she was ok. I wasn’t sure if anyone but us three knew about the pregnancy, but I knew Alisha would find the perfect moment to tell the group.

“I’m fine,” She whispered and I realised people were looking at us weird.

“So how are you guys holding up?” I asked, diverting the attention away from Alisha and Matt. Brian embraced me in a hug and placed a gentle kiss to my lips.

“A little nervous, which is stupid since we’ve done this a million times,” Johnny replied, playing with his hair with some styling wax.

“You wouldn’t be human if you didn’t get nervous every once in a while,” I replied, running my hand along Brian’s chest in a soothing manner. I had to bite my lip when I realised how hot he looked. He had one some black jeans, a white tee and a black leather jacket. I couldn’t help smiling to myself.

“What are you smiling at?” He whispered, looking down and smiling at me with those chocolate orbs. I chuckled and placed a kiss to his cheek.

“Just at how hot you look tonight,” I raised an eyebrow and smirked. Brian laughed before embracing me in another kiss, but this time it lasted much longer. As we pulled apart we both shared a smile.

“I love you,” He said just for my ears,

“I love you too,” I replied.

***


The show was amazing and both me and Alisha stood in awe at how easy they moved around the stage. We were both on the right side, where Brian stood, so I got a great view and every so often he would smile at me. I had been to an Avenged Sevenfold concert twice in my life, but neither could compare to this moment in time.

“This is amazing,” Alisha shouted to me and all I could do was beam a smile. Both of us didn’t mutter a word after that because we were completely transfixed with what was happening in front of us. Leana joined our side and during A Little Piece of Heaven, we danced like crazy. I caught Brian and he laughed, a beautiful sight for me and the fans.

Slowly the show began drawing to an end and I volunteered to help Cam and some of the roadies to set up the booth. Alisha said she would stay and wait for Matt, which I didn’t blame her. Fans could be crazy and she no longer was protecting one person, but a second too. Her baby was vulnerable and so a simple knock could be all it takes.

I greeted Brian as he came off stage and I told him I was heading out to help. He nodded and placed a rough kiss to my lips which ended too soon for my liking.

“You were amazing,” I said as the Berry brothers began dragging me out back. Brian mouthed ‘I love you’ just as I was pulled out the door.

Fans were already forming a huge queue, bouncing in excitement at the prospect of meeting the band. As some of the guys prepared the booth, I helped setting up the merch table. We opened that soon after and fans brought everything from shirts to posters.

A group of girls who looked barely fifteen years old stepped forward and instantly they began whispering amongst themselves.

“Excuse me, but aren’t you Synyster Gates girlfriend?” A girl with red hair asked shyly. Cam looked at me and laughed, and I realised that my face was probably swarming fan websites. But now would be the time I realised if I was liked or hated.

“Yeah, I am,” I smiled politely,

“Oh my, can I have your autograph?” A girl with brown hair said, pushing a pad and pen forward.

“There are some people who say that you are not good enough and too young for Brian, but we personally think you make the most cutest couple ever. And anyone is better than that Michelle woman; did you know she never came out and faced the fans like you are,” The red haired added as I signed the pad. Just then, the girls froze and a scream escaped their mouths.

“Are you girls being nice to my girl?” Brian asked that well known smirk on his face. I looked behind and noticed all the guys had come out and I also noticed A lisha shying on Matt’s arm, but it looked like he wasn’t ready to let her go, scared that something might happen to her or their baby.

“Of course, we were just telling her how much we love you two as a couple,” The brown haired girl screeched, as I passed her pad to Brian to sign.

“Look at that Jaime, you have your own fan base,” Johnny mocked as he ruffled my hair. The guys all took their seats behind the table and I watched as girls eagerly threw themselves at the guys for hugs. Some may have got jealous at the site, but I found it quite cute. It was amazing how dedicated and nice they were to their fans, and plus I trusted Brian too much to care about a fan jumping in his arms.

I turned back to the crowd that had moved from the signing booth to the merch table and I smiled as some fans greeted me, though some did give me horrible looks and chose to ignore me. Oh well, I thought, I still had Brian and nothing- not even a fan- was going to change that!