Miserably Loving You

Good Friends Are Always There For You

I came home late from Alex’s, and Ashley was already asleep. I decided to sleep on the couch so I could try and avoid her questions and apologies she gave me once too many times.

I woke up as usual, at 7, and decided on a quick shower. I cleaned myself up quickly and as quietly as possible, to avoid waking my girlfriend up. After I dressed myself, I went to the kitchen, made some breakfast for myself, and ate it quickly. I felt like a ninja- everything was done in silence and it was done swiftly. It was 8 when I was ready to go, I double checked to see if my laptop and a lunch was packed into my messenger bag. I took the bag and my camera, and headed out the door.

Everyday I walk to work. It’s not that far, about 10 minutes. It gives me time to think. I arrive at the studio at 8:30 which gives me half an hour to set everything up for the day.
I got to the studio, and unlocked the back door and got everything ready for the day.

“Hi Zack,” Jack’s voice rang through the studio.

“Hiya Jack, How are you this fine morning?” I asked with a smile as I greeted my co-worker.

“Not to bad, and you?” Jack answered as he got the lighting set up.

“Could be a bit better I guess,” I sighed.

“Sorry to hear? Girl stuff?” Jack asked as he paused from his task.

“Yeah... Ashley keeps pointing fingers at me. And blaming everything that is not done on me,” I explained.

“What does she do? Can’t she do any of the tasks?” he questioned.

“She could, all she does is stay at home and take some courses in the evenings on Tuesdays and Thursdays. And she tells me that she does everything and she called the apartment dumpy. I pay rent, I wanted a decent apartment, and the one I have now is like my dream first home,” I was literally on the verge of a breakdown.

“Listen buddy, You need some man time, My place? This evening? I’ll call Alex and Rian during lunch.” Jack offered. I am one lucky man to have awesome friends.
***
At the end of the day, I called Ashley letting her know I’m going to Jack’s place.

“Hey honey, Where are you?” I heard her voice through the phone.

“Just closing up, but I’m calling to let you know I’m going over to Jack’s place, Why do you sound so out of breath?” I asked.

“Oh nothing, Just looking for my notebooks for my class, I’ll see you later hun, Bye! Love you!” she hung up quickly.

“That’s weird,” I exclaim looking at my phone.

“What?” Jack asks.

“She usually wants to talk my ear off, she somehow didn’t question anything,” I explain still confused by what just had happened.

“Whatever, let’s go,” Jack motioned me to follow him to his car.

“So we’re going to New York, for that workshop remember?” I remind my friend.

“Oh right! When do we leave again?” Jack asked as we drove.

“Don’t you remember anything?” I laughed at his forgetfulness, “We leave on Thursday, and
come back next Tuesday.”

“Oh right, I totally knew that,” Jack swatted his hand as he chuckled.

“I’m sure you remembered, after I informed you,” I rolled my eyes as we pulled up into Jack’s driveway.

“I’m gonna order some pizza. Alex and Rian should be here in a few,” Jack explained letting us into his house. “Make yourself at home,”
I sat down and took out my laptop, while we waited for the guys and pizza to show up, might as well do some work. I took my camera out, and as Jack walked into the room, I snapped a picture. Jack looked at me.

“Delete it!” he warned.

“No It looks good,” I replied showing him the photo.

“Fine,” Jack rolled his eyes, as he sat down and opened his beer and passed me one too.

“Thanks” I smiled as I clicked more pictures. “I always loved the lighting here.”

“That sounds so weird Zack,’ Jack laughed.

“I know, I’m just trying to compliment your house,” I chuckled.

“Oh I’m sure that this building is grateful for your comments,” Jack got up to get the door.

“It is,” I assured him

“Don’t drop him Jack!” I heard Rian warn.

“Calm down drummer boy, I won’t-Jake is in good hands,” Jack replied as he “zoomed” in with Rian’s son in his hands.

“I hope so, Hey Zack.” Rian greeted me with a handshake.

“Hows it going Rian?” I asked as my friend sat down beside me.

“Hectic. This kid is driving me crazy.” Rian laughed rubbing his face.

“I can see that. How’s Cass? I haven’t seen her in a long time,” I asked.

“She’s on tour for the next month and I’m being a babysitter, while trying to run my music store. Jake gets to come to work with me everyday,” Rian filled me in, “How’s Ashley?”

“I don’t even know.” I sighed. ”She’s acting really weird lately.”

“That sucks bud, Hopefully you’ll sort things out with her, 6 months until the wedding.” Rian reminded. The wedding, right. I’m not sure about that anymore.

“Hey Guys, Sorry I’m late,” Alex announced as he came in, “I had some tests to mark, so I kinda brought them over to finish them for tomorrow,” he explained.

“No worries, The pizza isn’t even here yet,” Jack replied looking up from occupying Rian’s son busy with some building blocks. As he said that the doorbell rang.

“I’ll just get it,” Alex offered and left. He came back moments later with 3 boxes.

“Let’s dig in!” Jack exclaimed! bringing Jake back to Rian.
***
“You better get packing for New York, Jack,” I reminded him when I was getting ready to leave.

“I will, don’t worry about me.” he laughed.

“I don’t worry for you, that’s Natalie’s job,” I smiled.

“Don’t bring my fiancee into this,” he warned.

“Sorry, I’m leaving now,” I put my hands up in surrender mode.

“Finally, I get to get rid of you,” Jack laughed.

“See ya tomorrow Jack,” I rolled my eyes, “Don’t be late” I added as I left.

“When Am I ever late? I am a wizard and A wizard is never late, Zack Merrick. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.” Jack quoted.

“Yeah, Yeah Gandalf. See ya tomorrow,” I started walking down his driveway.
***
I got home and Ashley wasn’t there. There were no messages on the answering machine and she didn’t call my phone. This didn’t sound like Ashley. She was sometime like an overprotective mother, she always called to ask where I was and if I was safe. As if, being a 24 year old male, I wouldn’t be able to protect myself. Whatever. I called her phone but all I got was her voicemail. This was getting ridiculous. I sat down on the couch and decided to wait for her. I uploaded the pictures I took earlier in the evening. I laughed to myself looking through the pictures of my friends. I dozed off on the couch. I woke up startled when the front door started to open. I squinted at my watch to see it was 3 in the morning.

“Ashley?” I asked into the dark.

“You’re still up? I thought you’d be asleep.” Ashley responded.

“Where were you?” I asked trying to sound too harsh.

“I went to my class and then my friends and I went out for a bit,” Ashley replied.

“And not call me?”

“I didn’t check my phone,”

“I called you more than 5 times. Even if you’re phone was on silent, you would still most likely need to check the time and you would have noticed your missed calls,” I snapped.

“Calm down Zack. what’s wrong?” she asked in a “disgusted” voice,

“What’s wrong? You’re asking me what’s wrong? Everything is fine and dandy when you come home at 3 in the fucking morning.” I replied.

“Seriously?You shouldn’t worry about me,” there was a hint of arrogance in her voice.

“I should worry about you. You are my girlfriend and I care about you,” I stated angrily.

“Oh well, you don’t need to. I can protect myself.”

“Right,” I rolled my eyes. My blood was boiling. She’s acting so strangely lately, it was odd.

“Well night Zack.” she answered and left. I went back to the couch and sat down heavily, buried my face into my hands. What did I do wrong?
♠ ♠ ♠
yay! New chapter! Hopefully you guys are enjoying it :)

Comment/Subscribe/ Be totally Awesome and Amazing!! <3