Miserably Loving You

Today was amazing.

After Gabby and I went our separate ways, I went back to the hotel. I got to the room. I knocked hoping Jack didn’t go anywhere.

“Hey Zack!” I was met with a girl’s face.

“Natalie what are you dong here?” I asked surprised to see Jack’s girlfriend,

“Jack texted me that you guys were in New York so I decided to come around before I head back to Maryland.” she explained.

“That’s so sweet, I wish Ashley would do something like that,” I sighed. I realized I’ve been sighing too often lately.

“Awe Zack, what’s wrong? You guys are getting married in like a few months,” Natalie gave me a hug.

“Oh I don’t know, Ash’s been distant. Like 2 days ago she didn’t come home until 3 am.” I explained “I don’t know what’s going on. She never tells me anything anymore. I don’t think I love her anymore,” I continued as I sat down.

“I’m sorry to hear. You should talk to her. Or maybe I could go over and talk to her?” Jack’s girlfriend suggested.

“Would you be able too? I mean If you don’t want to you don’t really need to, but it would be nice you know,” I was hoping maybe too much, but that doesn’t hurt anyone.

“Sure I’ll love to help you. You are one of my best friends after all. I may not be a fan of Ashley but I’m definitely down to help you,” she smiled.
“Thanks so much,” I smiled and gave her another hug.

“Zack! You’re back!” Jack grinned, “Great cause I’m taking Natalie out so you’re gonna be a loser,” he chuckled.

“That’s okay, I have stuff to do,” I shrugged.

“Hey, Why do you smell like coffee?” Jack asked skeptically. “You got Starbucks without me...” he concluded.

“Yeah... I was gonna get you a coffee but the I got distracted,” I explained.

“By what? What can you possibly get distracted by?” he looked at me suspiciously.

“Uhm... I’ll tell you later.” I replied trying to keep the shade of my face natural.

“Tell Me!!” Jack screeched jumping up and down as his girlfriend just shook her head laughing.

“Go! On your date or something!” I replied almost pushing them out the door.

“Hold on I have to go Pee!” Jack announced and ran to the washroom.

“Don’t be too long! I’m heading downstairs,” Natalie called and left the room. Soon Jack emerged.

“Did she leave?” He poked his head out of the bathroom.

“Uhm... yes? Why?” I tilted my head to the side obviously confused.

“I need advice.” Jack stated simply.

“Okay... and...” I try to get him to talk.

“How did you propose to Ashley?” he asked.

“You want to propose to Nat?” I asked smiling. He nodded. “Just go with your instincts, Jack. Take her out someplace special and just do it.” I explained.

“Okay I’ll do it. Wish me luck man.” Jack smiled as he left.

“Good Luck!” I called out after him and closed the door. After i had the hotel room to myself I started to look at some pictures I had taken earlier that day.
My phone vibrated beside me. Thinking Jack was texting me, I picked up my phone and saw an unknown number I read the text:
Hi! This is Gabby jus thought I'd text you to see what time you are free tomorrow if you still wanted to go that is.

I smiled to myself thinking about the girl I had met today. I didn’t think that she would or hat she lost my number but I quickly texted her back:

Hey! Glad you texted me didn't think you would text or call me I'd love to still hang out. I'm free after 10 so how about 10:30.

I received a reply soon later:
oh okay. Didn't want to force you to hang out with me if you didn't want to.

Why would she think that I didn’t want to hang out. Yes I did have a girlfriend back in Baltimore but It’s not like I’m gonna cheat on her. I’m going to hang out with Gabby as a friend nothing more. I answered her:
I was the one who asked you to hang out tomorrow in the first place because I liked hanging out with you today

Okay maybe that came off as creepy. I didn’t mean it:
Did I make you uncomfortable again?

A few minutes passed and she still wasn’t replying. Maybe I scared her. I was kinda worried so I called her. I Waited for her to answer.

“Hey,” I heard her pick up.

“Hey! How come you stopped texting me?” I asked, sounding worried.

“Sorry I was wrapped up in my thoughts" she replied and I heard her sigh.

"What about", I asked hoping I could be any help.

“A lot of things. Let's just see how tomorrow goes and maybe I'll tell you,” She laughed.

"After you stopped texting me I figured you didn't want to hang out." I confessed.

"I never said that. I told you I would hang out and I don't go back on my words" She replied

I laughed."Well okay then."

We talked about tomorrow. We talked about today.

“Zack! I home!” I heard Jack call as he walked through the door. “Get off the phone! I need yooouuu!” he expanded the ‘you’ in his sentence.

"Sorry, I have to go though Jack is bugging me. Meet me at 10:30 outside the same starbucks we went to earlier. Bring your camera stuff." I told Gabby, sort of not wanting to end the conversation. We both hung up after a few more minutes.
“What is it Jack?” I asked putting my phone down and facing my dark haired friend.

“I am engaged to the most beautiful woman on earth!!” He yelled as Natalie rolled her eyes beside him.

“Congrats guys. I’m so happy for you,” I smiled.

“Group hug Losers!” Natalie laughed as she stretched her arms out.

I took my phone realizing that It was nearing 9. I texted Gabby goodnight and decided to shower and go to sleep. Jack was helping Natalie get ready to leave back to Baltimore.

“Bye Nat! I’ll see you next week when we get back!” I called before I went to the washroom.

“Bye Zacky!” she replied.

When I got out of the shower, Jack was flipping channels.

“Yo. Go to sleep we have a meeting tomorrow at 8:30.” I informed him.

“Yeah I know,”

I rolled my eyes and I checked my phone. Gabby had replied with a goodnight. Smiling to myself, I fell asleep. Today was amazing.
♠ ♠ ♠
and we're back! :)

Comment/subscribe/ recommend (it would make our day(s)

ps. Feedback gives us motivation to keep writing and updating quicker :)