House of Wolves

Seven Shades Of Shit

Jen’s P.O.V.

My mind was racing. Just a week ago everything was…sort of normal…and now…

Bob was dying, Chloe was dead, Sorrow was obviously turning into a Vampire, Matt was back and wanted revenge, Mikey’s freaking out, Tater’s a murderer, Gerard is confused, and Ray and I are desperately trying to figure out how to deal with it all.

“B-Bob!” I whispered, stroking his face. He was unconscious, hanging limp from a large oak tree. Ray was trying his damnedest to untie Bob but the ropes were just too tight. “Bob sweetie…Bob wake up!” He was still alive, still breathing, but without blood he would never wake up. Ever. “R-Ray…you’re g-gonna have to go get some blood for him…” Ray came out from behind the tree and just stared at me. “Anything, Ray, you just have to!” He bit his lip.

“I can’t take anyone down without you.” I made a face.

“What?! You’ve been capable for doing it for this long!”

“I always used to go with Mikey or Frank…” He said, looking down at the ground.

“Oh, God, RAY!” I almost shouted, but didn’t want to draw any attention to the fact that I was helping Bob. “You have to! You have to do this for Bob!” He stared up at me with his big brown eyes. I sighed. “Just…go find the men we killed earlier, and drag one of them back behind the tree okay!” Ray took a deep breath.

“O-okay…but they might have already woken up by now…”

“Just go!” Ray nodded quickly and ran off, full speed, into the forest. I looked up at Bob and sighed. “Please, please just be okay…”

Matt’s P.O.V.

I had him in the palm of my hand. He may not have believed me, but he sure as hell didn’t believe Gerard, and that’s all I really wanted. He was scared, he was sweating, most of all he was confused. I felt his pain and I laughed; I relished in his sorrow.

“M-Mikey-” Gerard said, reaching out to his brother. Mikey backed away.

“No! Don’t touch me. Any of you. All of you stay away from me!” He was breaking down, slowly but surely. His eyes were flicking from side to side, going from me to Gerard, me to Gerard. I licked my lips and scratched at a large scar on my stomach. His eyes followed my hand. His mouth opened wide as “realization” hit him. He did exactly what I expected him to do; he thought Gerard had given me the scar. In reality, I got it years ago fighting a large group of humans and one of them was dumb enough to cut my stomach open. Stupid fucker. But that’s another story.

“M-Mikey!” I whipped my head around. Sorrow’s face was wet with tears. She was crying hysterically.

“Sara!” Mikey yelled, dashing towards her.

“Shadow!” I barked, but then realized that she was busy keeping Gerard from leaping after me. “Rain!” The best fighter in my pack leaped out from seemingly nowhere and blocked the way between Mikey and Sorrow, baring his fangs and growling menacingly.

“F-FUCK!” Mikey roared at Rain, kicking him in the face. He barked and tried to bite Mikey’s leg, but he pulled it away. “Why are you doing this to me?!” He shouted, tears springing to his eyes. My god they cry a lot… Mikey’s face was red and his fists were clenched.

I’m not doing anything to you, Mikey boy. It’s all Gerard’s fault. If Gerard hadn’t beaten me mercilessly and forced me to leave, then maybe I wouldn’t be here, wanting revenge.” I paused, waiting for Gerard to try and plead innocent, but he didn’t even try. I thought about looking behind me, to see the pain in his face, but I decided to let it go and make him think I didn’t give a damn. Which I didn’t. “But I can see you’re pained. Mikey.” I took a step towards him. “You were so young when you were turned. Only 16…I sympathize with you. I understand your pain, your grief. You just want to live, but you can only hate and wallow in your sorrows. You just want to give life, but you can only bring death. I know exactly how you feel. I was you, Mikey, and look at me now. I know how to live, and I’ve gotten around my disability, if you will. I’ve gotten to run, to live with the Wolves. Now, I can make you an offer.” I was now face to face with him. “I can put a quick, easy end to your misery, and let you float on to Vampire heaven. Or, you can come with me and run with the wolves for the rest of eternity, a free man.” Mikey stared at me, hopelessly confused. But I was getting to him, I was sure of it.

“Mikey, don’t do it! Don’t listen to him! He’s lying!” Sorrow yelled. Mikey whipped around to face her, I grabbed his shoulder and pulled him back around.

“I am not. These people, they don’t understand you! They’re all older than you, they’re different! They-”

“Don’t, Mikey, please! Gerard didn’t beat him, he was only trying to hel-”

“SHUT UP, GIRL!” I roared. “Or I’ll get my Wolves to shut you up themselves.”

“Don’t you ever, EVER, fucking talk to her like that!” Mikey said, shoving me backwards. I stumbled and almost lost my footing but I quickly gained control and steadied myself. Without thinking I jumped on Mikey, knocking him to the ground.

“Shove me one more time, punk! I killed Chloe, I sure as fuck have no problem killing you!” He desperately tried to get me off of him. I laughed at his attempt. “You know, you’re just as weak as your brother.” This angered him, and he started punching at me. How cute.

I could already tell this was going to be fun as hell.