Sequel: Infidelity.

Juvenile.

Tryin' to get the girl all the bad guys want.

Nikki could hear her cell phone ringing on the other side of the room but she didn’t want to get out of bed. Even if she wanted to she couldn't. She was sandwiched in between Gerard and Frank. She and Frank had stayed over at Gerard's. "Nikki, if you don't shut that thing up, I'll throw it out the window!" Gerard warned his voice was muffled through the pillow. She sighed and rolled over him, landing on the floor with a thud. She crawled across the floor in Gerard’s pajamas until she found her skirt and pulled out her phone.

"What?!" She asked angrily into the phone.

"Hello, this is Officer Brennan." The one with the bushy mustache.

"What the hell could you want at," she glanced round to the clock on the night stand. "Three o'clock in the fucking morning!!" She hissed.

“I have some more news on your parents’ deaths.” Nikki went silent. “It seems as if your father was involved in illegal drug smuggling.”

She just hung up. Drugs?! She dressed quickly and walked to Gerard’s side of the bed. “I’ve got to go, I’ll call you later.”

“Nikki are you crazy?!” She ignored the comment and walked up the stairs. He ran after her and caught her arm before she reached the front door. “Nik, I am not letting you walk around Jersey at 3am alone. You can either stay until the morning or I’m coming with you,” He said keeping a firm grip on her arm. She glanced down at the floor realising just how dangerous it would be.

“Better get dressed then.” He gave her a weak smile before scuttling down the stairs. She played with the idea of running off now but he was back too quickly to put any real thought into it. They wandered the grubby streets of Jersey in a silence neither wanted to break. They ended up in a playground. Nikki sat on a swing going back and forth slowly.

“Are you going to tell me what was so important you felt the need to leave at three am?” Gerard asked bluntly.

“You remember the weekend my mom and dad died?” Gerard nodded; it wasn’t something he’d forget anytime soon. “You know the police officer with the moustache that resembled a dead rat? He called. My dad, he was involved in illegal drug smuggling! My dad!! Drugs!!” She let out a loud breath. Gerard kept silent unsure of what to say. “Why is it as like as soon as everything seems like it will be ok, something else just pops up and shoots me in-between the eyes?”

“Nik,” he said, wrapping his arms around her. “I don’t know what to say.”

“This is fine,” she muttered into his shoulder. “I thought he was the best dad in the world, I never imagined he’d do anything like that.”

“Well you never expect the people you love to hurt you,” He said still holding on to her

“Thanks Gerard, you’re an amazing friend.” She kissed his cheek. Gerard nodded, but felt like he’d been hit by a bus. She might as well have reached into his chest and clawed at this heart, ripping it to shreds.