Sequel: Infidelity.

Juvenile.

She likes the Godsmack and I like Agent Orange

Another weekend. Another party.. Things were just starting to get back to normal. Well, as normal as Nikki gets. Gerard was out side smoking through a cigarette. Today he was gonna tell her that he liked her, or kiss her or something. Anything. He walked, well, stumbled back inside. He got to the back room where most of the music was, where she was just before he went outside. He saw her dancing with some guy. But not just general dancing. He had his hands all over her, and she was letting him. His insides churned and his eyes flashed green with envy. He kept watching, wishing it was him. He kept watching until the torture became too much. He rushed home, wrenching open the door and throwing himself down on the bed. ‘What the fuck is wrong with you?! She’s just a girl!’ But she wasn’t just a girl. And this wasn’t just a crush. Buy he couldn’t accept that he loved her, when he didn’t believe in love. Because apparently it only exists in the movies.

Two months later, Gerard was on the phone to Nikki. “So, why can’t you come out again?”

“I’m sick!”

“Bullshit! Why?”

“Gerard I’m sick, I swear!”

“Okay,” He said and was about to say bye, when he heard someone yell ‘You little bitch!’ in the background. “Nik, who was that?”

“No-one. Bye, I’ll see you soon.” He heard her put the phone down, but something in the back of his mind unnerved him. Something was not right. He busied himself with comic books and video games, until 3 hours later, his curiosity got the better of him. He walked to the apartment, trying to think of the excuses why he should be there. Once he got there Ashling let him straight in.

“Can you drag her out of there?” She asked pointing to Nikki’s room.

“I’ll try. What’s wrong with her?”

“I don’t know but the last few weeks she’s been, quiet and hibernating in her room. Except for when James comes, of course,” Ashling said rolling her eyes. James was the guy she was dancing with, they’d been going out since. Ashling didn’t like him. She knew Gerard didn’t like him, she knew why too. But she wouldn’t let him know she knew, what she thought he didn’t even know himself. Confusing?

“Of course!” He walked into her pitch black room.

“Go away Ash!” Nikki grumbled and threw her face into the pillow.

“It’s not Ashling.”

“Gerard I told you I’m sick!”

“I know, I came to see if you were ok.”

“I’m fine. You can go now,” She said not lifting her head from the pillow. Gerard flicked on the light. “Turn it off!” she growled, stuffing her arms under her pillow too.

“What did I do to you?”

“Nothing, I just wanna sleep! Go away!” She yelled getting aggravated letting an arm slip from under the pillow. Gerard’s eyes widened and his jaw dropped.

“What the fuck is this?!”