Sequel: Infidelity.

Juvenile.

She'll never know that I'm the best that she'll never have

“Are you serious?” Nikki gasped.

“Yep,” Ashling smiled, holding out her left hand.

“Jesus fucking Christ!” She squealed hugging her cousin. “Congratulations!”

“I, as in me, I’m engaged!” Ashling yelled, running round her apartment with her arm in the air.

“So, how did he propose?” Niki asked, whilst looking at Ashling’s ring one more time.

“We were just watching a film, and then he just randomly got on one knee and asked.”

“Oh my god, so cute!” She said dialling Tom’s number on her phone.

“Hey Nik,” He answered.

“Why didn’t you tell me you were gonna ask her to marry you!”

“I didn’t know!”

“Oh yeah, sure! Bring me some beer home, please,” she begged. Over the last few week’s Tom had unofficially moved in, spending almost more time there than Nikki.

“Ok, muffin-head. Let me speak to Ash please.”

“Thank you. Here she is,” She said passing the phone over, then going into her bedroom to decide what to wear because Gerard was coming over later. She felt the need to look her best around him, but felt just as comfortable around him in her skimpy, tatty, pj’s. She ended up in black skinny jeans and red vest top. When Gerard turned up, Nikki was already hitting the bottom of her 5th beer.

“So, Gerard, you can barely see your bruises anymore,” Tom said.

“Yeah,” Gerard answered, sucking on a bottle, knowing it was making Nikki uncomfortable. It’d been almost a week since the incident.

Hours later, Nikki and Gerard were crawling into bed.

“I’m sorry,” she said.

“Whaaat fooor?” He slurred.

“Cause like you got hit and stuff, and I was only with him cause like I thought I liked someone and he was like a distraction and like then he hit you and me and shit and I still like... yeah?” She drunkenly rambled.

“Who d’ya like?” He asked accidentally knocking his head on the wall. “Ow!”

“Night night, Gerard,” she said, closing her eyes.

“Nik?” he asked pointlessly, she was already sleep. He sighed and put an arm around her. “Night night, Nik,” he said dropping a light kiss on her forehead.