Sequel: Infidelity.

Juvenile.

Turntables in her eyes

“Shit Nik, when did you grow up?” Ashling said not used to seeing her cousin look so, well, grown up. She had curves, and Ashling was freaked out seeing the cousin she’d known since birth look womanly. Quickly whilst Nikki was pre-occupied with staring at her reflection Ashling took a few photos of her.

“I feel so guilty about the price of that dress, you can either have it half off or go choose some shoes to go with it,” Kim said.

“I couldn’t do that,” Nikki said, smoothing the soft material down with her hands.

“Please, I wouldn’t want anyone else to have it; it suits you so well.” She said before scurrying off into the back again.

“What d’ya think Ashy?” Nikki asked, spinning round.

“I think you look amazing Nik, what do you think about getting the same dress in a different colour for the wedding?”

“Sure,” Nikki said as Kim walked back in holding something behind her back.

“These shoes are a bit... different but try them first, ok?” Kim handed Nikki a pair of black leather peep toed shoes with a dark wood stack heel; they had studs around the sides and a few extra in the front, they also had zips in the front of them. They looked a lot like kinky bondage shoes.

“Are you sure, the dress is so girly and those shoes are so...” Ashling said.

“Grotesque?” Kim added.

“Yeah.”

“I like ‘em,” Nikki said happily slipping the shoes on. They gave the delicate dress some edge. Nikki was getting excited for the party now she had found the perfect dress.

“Do you make these dresses?” Ashling asked Kim.

“No, I don’t personally, but my mother, Lilly, does,” she explained, Nikki realising where the shop name came from.

“Could you make this dress in a different colour? Maybe pink?” Ashling said to tease Nikki.

“Ashling,” Nikki said in a warning tone. “No way in hell am I wearing pink!”

“Yeah I’m sure, but a think maybe a dark emerald colour would look good,” Kim said holding a dress of that colour up against Nikki’s face.

“Oh yeah, I like that! Can pay for them now?” Ashling asked digging in her handbag to find the money her mother sent to pay for them.

“OK, that’s $500 for the dress and shoes and $50 deposit for the dress to be made, but it’ll be $250 when its made and you’ll get the deposit back,” Kim explained.

“Ok, thank you,” Ashling handed over the money and Niki went back to get changed into her skinny jeans and hoody.

“Come on kiddo, we’ve got you two dresses and a pair of shoes, you’re buying my drinks tonight!” Ashling laughed handing Nikki the bags with the shoes and the dress in.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment?