Sequel: Infidelity.

Juvenile.

Does a mullet make a man?

Nikki walked back into the party; she had just left a few minutes ago for a quick cigarette round the back of the building and a sip of the vodka miniature she decided to bring with her and keep in her bra.

“Nicola I’m leaving,” her aunt said from behind her. Nikki had to fight every urge not to do a little happy dance. “I don’t want you associating with those boys with the long hair; they’re not good for a young lady like you.” Nikki threw Emma a look to let her know she was disgusted with her comment, hoping that it would be more effective than her words. Emma walked away and Nikki gave a contented sigh as she did.

From nowhere somebody grabbed Nikki’s hand. She whipped her head round to see who it was. It was Frank, a very drunk Frank. “C’moooon Niiik, Leeettts daaance,” he slurred pulling her to him. He put his arms round her waist after putting hers round his neck. Slowly, one of his hands began to creep further, and further down her back.

“Behave yourself Frank!” Nikki warned and moved his hand back up away from her ass. He rolled his eyes and they carried on dancing.

The music stopped and Frank closed his eyes and leaned in for a kiss. Nikki put her hand over his mouth. “Don’t do it Frank.” She heard him mumble something and moved her hand way so he could talk.

“Why not?!”

“Because, you’re a nice guy and you wouldn’t kiss your friend who you knew loved your best friend,” she stated simply, smiling at him slightly.

“You love him?” Nikki’s eyes widened as she realised what she just said, she put her hand over her own mouth and shook her head no. “Yes you do!”

She moved her hand away and stared at the floor as she realised something:- “Yeah, yeah I do.”

“He likes you too!” Frank whispered. Nikki smiled at him and when to ask Ashling if she had seen him.

“Yeah,” Ashling said. “He just came and said he had to leave, did he not say bye?” Ashlings question was not heard as Nikki had grabbed her hoodie and was out the door. No matter how beautiful her shoes were, they were not made for running. The rain began to really pour as she took them off and carried them in her hands as she jogged in the direction of Gerard’s house.

She saw his black shadowy figure not too far away form her. She called out his name but he ignored her and carried on walking. “Gerard, stop!” She said as she managed to catch up and dart in front of him.

“Why should I?” He asked, pushing past her and carrying on walking.

“Because I want to talk to you, that’s why!”

“Well, I don’t want to listen!” He yelled walking a little faster.

“What the fuck is wrong with you?!” She yelled back pushing her hood off so he could see her angry face.

“I saw you Nikki, don’t play dumb!”

“Saw me doing what?!” The rain was merging with her makeup causing black streaks down her face.

“Kissing Frank,” he spat.

“I didn’t kiss Frank!” She was standing on her tippy-toes so she was almost eye level.

“You callin’ me a liar? I saw you with my own eyes.”

“I never!”

“I thought you were different Nik, but I know your just like every other slut, lying through your teeth just to get what you want,” he looked at her like he was genuinely repulsed by her.

“I don’t know how I loved you!” she yelled, and sat on the cold wet curb.

“Love! Love!” He laughed. “You don’t even know what love is.”

“Don’t I? So I’m just sitting her in the pouring rain, ruining my $500 dress, being called a lying slut and just taking it? Not fighting back? I loved you Gerard!” Tears began spilling from her eyes, falling freely and mixing with the dirty rain water.

“I can’t even look at you right now!” He said and walked away, again.

“Now I wish I had kissed Frank! You’re a coward Gerard,” She shouted after him. “Just a fuckin’ coward!”