Secret, Lies and Sins

002

Cassidy’s P.O.V

We had arrived at camp and everyone was in the assembly area, and everyone’s names were getting called out for the cabins that we were getting assigned to, and I was listening for my name and hoping that I didn’t get put with girls that were bitches.

I had a fun bus trip up though I was sitting next to a boy called Niall. I knew who he was before he even stepped on the bus, I saw him on then news he was Niall Horan from One Direction, I wasn’t a massive fan of their music, it just wasn’t my thing but I thought they were talented and I didn’t understand why the media was being so horrible to him he was completely different to what they described him as. He was very chatty to me and wanted to know everything about me, and I kind of lied to him. I know I shouldn’t have I said that I was one of those rich girls and that I went to a private high school. I was too scared to tell him the truth, that I was poor and could barely afford to have school lunch some days, and that this was my first camp, he would never speak to me again.
I shook my head at the thought of my first lie and kept listening to the instructor at the front.

“Cassidy Fitzpatrick” she yelled “Cabin Four”.

I sighed and pushed my way through the crowd of people as they stared at me as walked over to the stage, and walked up the stairs and joined the group of girls that were in Cabin four, I turned to them and smiled “Hello I’m Cassidy” I said,

They smiled big at me and then hugged me “I can’t believe you’re in our cabin” said one of the girls happily “I’m Lucy”.
I looked at her confused “Why can’t you believe it?” I asked,
“Because we saw you talking to Niall Horan on the bus, you are like so lucky” said another girl, I looked at her name tag it said “Poppy” on it, so I was guessing her name was Poppy.
I nodded “Well um he didn’t say much, and it was only because there was an empty seat” I explained,
They still screamed and jumped around “Come on let’s get our stuff” said Poppy.

Poppy and Lucy were the only two girls in my cabin I was guessing because as soon as we got our stuff and made our way to the cabin, there was only three beds. Two were single and one was a double bed. “Cassidy you can have the double bed” said Poppy and pointed to the double bed,
Lucy looked at Poppy with a shocked face, I was guessing she wanted the double bed, and Poppy shook her head “Cassidy deserves the bed” said Poppy,
Lucy stomped her foot in protest, and then gave up and threw her suitcase on the single bed next to the window on the other side of the room, and Poppy took the one in the middle of the room.
My double bed was against the wooden wall on the right side of the room, and I had a nice view of the lake outside, it looked so beautiful.
“This camp is going to be so much fun” I said,
Poppy squealed with joy, “I know I can’t wait to spend time with Niall” she said “Apparently he has sex with any girl”,
I looked at her and then just nodded I didn’t agree with that, I didn’t think Niall was like that he sounded more respectful then that, I just shook my head and started unpacking and placed my clothes in the drawers next to my bed, and grabbed the family photo out of my suitcase and placed it on the table next to my bed,
“Is this your family?” asked Poppy and grabbed the frame off the table “Ew is that a farm do you live there?”,
I don’t know why I said what I did next but it just happened “No we like visited it” I lied,
Poppy nodded and placed it back down “Is that your brother in the photo next to you?” she asked,
I nodded “Yes it is” I answered and stuffed two jumpers in the bottom drawer,
“What’s his name?” she asked,
“Brandon” I said quickly “And yes he is single, and he is 17”.
Poppy laughed “Let me guess you get asked that a lot?” she asked,
I nodded and then grabbed my phone out of my pocket and noticed I had no messages or missed calls from anyone, I sighed and put my phone back in my pocket. I guess maybe after this camp I will have some friends that will text me.

Niall’s P.O.V

I felt like I was in hell, around me there was all this bush, and dirt and water and it was just not right, I didn’t want to be here. I walked up to the office and knocked on the door, and the camp owner walked over to the door and invited me inside.

“We are so glad to have you here Niall” he said and took a seat at his desk and signalled for me to sit down, which I did and looked at him and acted like I wanted to be here, “I am so glad I’m here” I lied,
He nodded and I could tell he knew I was lying, “Well here is your cabin key, it’s private so it’s just you and you have your own bathroom and your helping schedule is on the wall so you know where you have to go, and dinner is in a hour” he explained “Now get out of my office”,
I didn’t say anything else but grabbed the keys off the table and nodded at the man “Thank you” I said trying to sound polite and I dashed out of the office.

I walked over to the dirt pile which the luggage was next to and grabbed my suitcase and my guitar case and made my way to the room. It was beside the lake between Cabin 4 and 5 I guess I was the supervisor for these two cabins, I walked towards my cabin and then noticed three girls standing outside Cabin 4 and two of them squealed at the sight of me and the other just stared at me and smiled, that one girl was the girl I sat next to on her bus, what was her name again? Oh yeah Cassidy.

Her friends both had blonde hair and looked like princesses, I smiled at waved at them, and they’re going to be easy to get in my bed I could tell. I grabbed the key out of my pocket and unlocked the door and saw the most disgusting room. It was just horrible.

There was a double bed in the middle of the room, wooden floors, and wooden walls there was a small tv that didn’t have cable, so I don’t think there was a reason for me to watch it, I grabbed my suitcase and guitar case and dragged them in the room and placed them on the floor and shut the door, and started exploring the room.
The bathroom wasn’t that bad it had a shower, I switched on the water and noticed the water wasn’t completely hot, so I don’t think I was going to have a perfect shower while I was here, I groaned and then noticed that I there was only one power plug in the bathroom which meant I could only blow dry my hair or straighten it and not have them both turned on at the same time, that was going to be a time waster, and the toilet smelt disgusting.

I walked back out into the other area, and walked over to the bed and sat down, and I heard it crack and squeak and laid back on the mattress I could feel springs digging into my back, I groaned and then grabbed out my phone and scrolled through my contacts and called Liam Payne.
I waited for the dial tone to go, and then it went to Liam’s message bank.
“Hey it’s Liam, voicemail costs money so please make it worth it *beep*”
I groaned into the phone and shook my head “Okay Liam, come pick me up I have learned my lesson and this joke isn’t funny anymore thank you it’s Niall by the way”.
I pressed the hang up button and opened the chest of drawers beside my bed and noticed the cockroaches inside one of the drawers, I screamed and slammed them shut, and then got up and looked inside the wardrobe it looked clean so I decided that I would put my clothes in here.

I walked over to my bed and grabbed my suitcase and started unpacking and as soon as I was done, I grabbed my guitar since it was the only thing here that was going to keep me sane, and went outside and sat on the porch and started strumming and looked around as all the teenagers that were here were running around camp, checking out each other’s cabins, and then I looked across at Cabin 4 and noticed Cassidy sitting in a rocking chair reading a book by herself, I stopped playing guitar and placed the strap around my body and walked off the porch and over to her cabin.
“Is it a good book?” I asked,
She looked up from the book and pointed to where she was up to so she wouldn’t lose her place “It goes alright” she answered and looked back down at her book and continued reading,
“What are you reading?” I asked trying to make conversation.
She didn’t say anything but lifted the book up further so I could see the cover. She was reading The Hunger Games, I nodded at her then realized she couldn’t see my face, “I want to read that” I said,
She slammed the book down “Are you just going to bug me all day?” she asked,
I shrugged “I have no one else to talk to” I answered,
Cassidy rolled her eyes “Really Niall?” she snapped “I think half these girls would want to talk to you, and some of them don’t want to talk to you, they just want to fuck you”
I sighed “But you looked lonely” I said,
She sighed “Fine if you want to keep me company you can do it quietly” she snapped.
I nodded and sat down on the railing on the porch and strummed quietly on the guitar, I looked down at Cassidy she never turned her page she just stared at the book, I smirked and knew that my playing was distracting her.
She looked up at me and smiled “You are really good at the that” she said,
I laughed “Thanks” I said not knowing what else to say to her.

A bell rang and everyone started yelling “DINNER” and running towards the dining hall, and then the two girls that were in Cassidy’s cabin ran out excited and then stopped when they saw me “Oh my god it’s Niall Horan” screamed one of them,
I laughed and smiled at them “Hello girls” I said smiling at them “I’m Niall”
They screamed “We know” in sync, and then one of them said “I’m Poppy and this is Lucy” and pointed to the other girl, I nodded and jumped off the railing,
“Well girls I need to get ready for dinner I will see you in there” I said and winked at them “You too Cassidy”,
She looked up at me and then smiled “Okay whatever” she answered and got up and walked in her cabin. Why wasn’t she freaking out like these two she didn’t even care about me, or my fame, did she even know who I was?
I shook my head and walked off the porch and walked over to my cabin and stepped up the porch and walked inside and placed my guitar in the case and pushed the case under my bed, and made my way to the dining area.

Cassidy’s P.O.V

I lined up in line with Lucy and Poppy and grabbed a plate and walked along as we got served food onto our plates, and thanked each lady behind the table, and they smiled at me and were surprised that I had thanked them since everyone else was just walking past. I walked over to the drink table and grabbed a can of coke and waited for Poppy and Lucy to catch up and grab a drink and followed them to a table. They sat with a group of attractive boys, who wolf whistled as we sat down, “Hello I’m Eddie” said one and shook my head “And this is Josh, and Oliver”,
I nodded and shook their hands and started eating my dinner, and looked over at the staff table and saw Niall sitting there talking to one of the young woman staff, I sighed and knew that he was trying to get her in his bed, and then he looked up and smiled at me and his eyes didn’t leave mine, I turned down and blushed.
“Do you love him?” asked Josh,
I shook my head and took a fork full of mash potato and ate it, “No, he just talks to me” I answered,
Poppy giggled “He and her are best friends” said Poppy,
I shot a glare at her “No we aren’t I said quickly, “I didn’t know him to today”
Poppy sighed and placed her hand on my shoulder “He was outside our cabin playing music to you, obviously you guys are friends” she said.
I didn’t say anything and thought of something to change the subject “I never get food like this at home” I said in a happy voice, Eddie laughed and then poked his fork at his meat,
“It’s better at home ey?” asked Oliver,
I forgot that these kids are used to having the most perfect meal, made for them by their private chefs, and I’m used to just having soup for dinner every night, or fish and chips on a good night.
“Oh yeah this is terrible compared to home food” I lied “My maid makes the best food”.
Oliver nodded in agreement and everyone continued eating and I kept looking at Niall who kept looking at me and smiling.
Once we were finished we left the dining hall and Josh grabbed my arm, “Cassidy we are going swimming in the lake want to come?” asked Josh,

Josh had short black hair and blue eyes that were bluer then the ocean, and had perfect teeth and perfect skin and he looked like he was a god or something, and Eddie was the same expect his hair was a lighter brown and a lot longer and his eyes were also blue, and Oliver was tall and skinny and had short sandy brown hair and brown eyes, but he was still attractive, and they were all wearing skinny jeans, vans and button up shirts, I was guessing they were into the indie hipster scene.
I nodded “Yeah that would be fun” I said “Are you coming Poppy and Lucy?”,
The two girls nodded and grabbed my arm “Come on let’s get ready” said Poppy with excitement and dragged me towards the cabin.
I turned away was she dragged me and saw Niall slowly making his way out of the dining hall holding hands with that girl he was talking to at dinner, I rolled my eyes and knew he was about to tune her some more and take her back to his cabin like the man whore he is, maybe the media had him right.
---

Poppy flung the cabin door open and we both ran to our drawers and grabbed out our bathers mine was a baggy white singlet and an old piece and a pair of board shorts, Poppy stared at me and then Lucy walked in “You are seriously wearing that?” asked Poppy disgusted,
I sighed “Yeah my really hot bikini was in the wash when I left because my maid forgot to wash it, and I went for a swim in my pool before I left” I lied.
The truth was I was insecure about my body and only owned these bathers because we really couldn’t afford to buy new ones every summer like everyone else.
Lucy walked over to her suitcase and grabbed a purple bikini “Here keep it” said Lucy,

I looked at her and smiled “Thank you” I said “I will get changed in the bathroom first” I said and walked inside the bathroom and stripped down, and started getting changed then looked at my hair, I grabbed a hair tie from my make-up bag and tied it up and then took it out, and decided I should just let it out and pulled it behind my head and pulled it to one side and walked out into the main part of the cabin “Oh my god you are so hot” said Poppy and hugged me tight, “The boys will be all over you” she said.

The girls were already changed and I guess they weren’t insecure about getting changed in front of each other, I was guessing they were friends from before camp, I grabbed my towel out of my suitcase it wasn’t a rag, I actually brought it from the surf shop before I left so I didn’t feel embarrassed and I wrapped it around my waist and walked out to see the boys standing our porch, “Hello ladies”said Josh and smiled at me “You look hot Cassidy”.

I smiled and blushed “So we going to the lake?” I asked,

Eddie nodded and jumped up “I’m so excited for the water” he said and ran towards the lake, there was a pier there and walked over to it and placed his towel down and we all followed, I stared at the water and noticed my reflection and smiled at it, and then I felt some arms grab me from behind and carry me towards the end of the pier I screamed, and turned to see Josh carrying me “JOSH PUT ME DOWN” I screamed,
Josh laughed “Okay” he laughed and threw me into the water.

I felt the cold water touching my body as I went under and then the coldness hit me, and I made my way up to the water and watched as Josh cannonballed into the water, and then swam over to me and grabbed my around my waist and pushed me into the air and over his shoulder, the water was standing level for us and which made me feel a lot more safer and Josh threw me back under the water, I screamed at him when I came back up, and then swam around him and he caught me and placed me in his arms and spun around, I laughed and Poppy, Lucy, Eddie and Oliver just watched us,
“HOOK IN JOSH” screamed Eddie,
Josh laughed and then gave Eddie the finger and then looked at me “Do you like going under water?” he asked,
I laughed “No but do you” I said and pushed his head under, and then swam away, he came back up to the surface and swam towards me, and then I looked towards Niall and noticed him making out with that girl from dinner against his door and then pushing her inside the room. I rolled my eyes and then felt Josh grab me and throw me under the water, and then I swam back up “What were you looking at?” he asked,
I sighed and squeezed the water out of my nose and then pulled my hair to the side “Don’t worry it was nothing” I said “Let’s go back and join the others”.

Niall’s P.O.V

I collapsed on Angela all sweaty and kissed her cheek and climbed off her, “That was amazing” she said catching her breathe, and then started to get changed “I can’t believe I just had sex with Niall Horan”.
I sighed and then put on a fake smile and kissed her lips lightly and bit her bottom lip “Well next time you want some fun you know where to find me” I said and winked at her, before grabbing my jeans off the floor and slipping them on over my body and put my shirt back on.
She brushed her hair with her fingers and tied it up in a neat plait, “Thanks Niall” she said and winked at me and left the room.

I sighed and sat down on the bed and fixed my hair up, and walked over to the cabin window and saw that Cassidy was still in the lake with her friends, she was driving me mad, for some reason I wanted to be around her 24/7 and when I was around her I didn’t want to leave, and I couldn’t keep my eyes off her, I looked at her in what she was wearing and smirked I bet it would look hotter off her.

I heard a knock on the cabin door, and walked over and answered it, “Hello Niall” said the camp owner whose name was Ronald I had learned at dinner, “Are you ready for the camp fire?”,
“What camp fire?” I asked,
“The start of camp fire” said Ronald, “Please tell me you have read your planner?”,
I nodded quickly and then smiled “Oh yeah sorry I forgot” I lied,
Ronald nodded “Okay well see you in half an hour” he said, and left the porch.

I sighed and walked back over to my bed and started strumming on my guitar again and humming to a tune that was in my mind, and then got up and grabbed a jumper out of the wardrobe and walked out and noticed Cassidy walking back from the lake, laughing “Hey Cassidy” I said,
She stopped in her tracks and smiled and waved “Hey Niall” she said happy, this was the first time she actually sounded happy to be talking to me, she walked over closer to me,
“Are you excited for the camp fire?” I asked,
She nodded “Yeah I am are you?” she asked,
I nodded “Yeah I am” I replied “How was the lake?”
“It was fun, how was your sex?” she asked rudely and barged past me and walked towards her cabin.
She knew that I had sex with Angela, now she thinks I’m a asshole even more. I sighed and chased after her “Cassidy wait please?” I shouted after her and ran up to the girl and grabbed her wrist before she walked inside the cabin “I’m not like that” I said explained,
She rolled her eyes “Like what Niall? A Man whore?” she asked,
I nodded “Yeah… it’s just she really wanted it, and I couldn’t help myself” I said,
Cassidy rolled her eyes “Whatever I don’t care” she snapped and walked back in the cabin.
I sighed and stepped off the porch and walked towards the campfire and sat down and waited for everyone to come.

---

Everyone eventually made it down to the campfire, and I watched as Cassidy flirted with one of the boys, he had given her his jacket and everything to wear, and they were toasting marshmallows together, I watched her wishing that was me, then I heard someone sit beside me, I turned to see Angela “Long time no see” she said smiling.
I grinned at her, and then grinned my teeth, I didn’t ever want to see her again, she was really annoying and was going to start thinking we were together, “So should I come back to your cabin tonight?” she asked,
I shook my head “Nah actually I’m going to bed early tonight” I lied,
“Really why?” asked Angela
I sighed and did a fake yawn “I’m just really tired” I answered,
Angela smirked “Oh really?” she asked in a sexy voice, “Did I take all your energy?” she winked at me and smirked, and I just laughed and nodded playing along.
I turned to Ronald, “Ronald is it okay if I go to bed now?” I asked,
He nodded “Yeah sure good night Niall” he said “Everyone say goodnight to Niall please”

All the kids looked up at me and smiled “Goodnight Niall” they all said in sync, I smiled and waved at them all “Goodnight” I yawned and turned around and started walking up to the cabin,

“Niall wait” called Ronald from behind me, I stopped in my tracks and turned around to see him signalling for me to come back, so I did as I was told “Can you escort Miss Fitzpatrick up to her cabin, she is too scared to walk alone?” he asked,
I nodded quickly “Yeah sure” I answered, and waited for Cassidy to walk over to me and walked towards the cabin with her.

“So that Josh boy seems to like you” I said trying to make conversation,
“Yeah I guess” she said quietly, “I don’t like him though”,
“Why’s that?” I asked,
“He seems like he has high standards” she answered,
I looked at her and nodded “Don’t you think you reach those standards?” I asked,
She shook her head, “No not really” she answered.

We walked in silence the rest of the way, and eventually we made it up to the cabins and Cassidy turned to me “Goodnight” she said smiling,
“Goodnight” I said and hugged her tight, was it too soon to do that, but I knew it was too soon to do what I did next and I regrated it so much, I leaned down and kissed her soft check quickly and turned and quickly made my way to my cabin and closed the door and leaned against it.

Smooth one Niall smooth.
♠ ♠ ♠
Long chapter :) x