Sequel: Hold My Heart
Status: Finished.

She Could Make Hell Feel Just Like Home

Chapter Thirteen

Aria stood under the rushing water, basking in the warmth. She took a deep breath and spat out the water that had gotten into her mouth at that point. She tilted her head back underneath the spray and clenched her fists. Vic had done nothing but used her. Typical man, even more typical band member. What was she expecting; Vic to actually fall for her? She shook the thoughts from her head as she viciously scrubbed soap through her hair and shut the water off when all the conditioner was gone.
Someone was pounding on the bathroom door as if the house was on fire. Aria rolled her eyes, wrapping a towel around herself and whipping the door open. Jaime promptly fell into the bathroom, looking up at Aria with wide eyes.
“Holy shit! I thought you were Mike.” Jaime explained, righting himself. Aria gave him a knowing nod and moved to go out of the room.
“You can shower if you want while I make breakfast.” Aria said, shutting the door behind her and heading into her own room.
When she closed her door, she looked over at her desk, where she spotted Vic sitting in her chair.
“Can we talk for a minute?” He asked, looking up at her. Aria shrugged, moving her to closet and yanking the door open.
“I don’t have anything to say to you right now, absolutely nothing.” Aria told him, blocking him from view with her door as she began searching for something to wear, settling on a black one shoulder shirt and a pair of white shorts. She slid on underwear and a bra behind the door, while Vic sat silently on her chair, looking out her window. Aria finished dressing and walked over to her desk, grabbing a brush and moving back to the door, dragging the brush through her wet hair.
“Are you going to say anything or just sit there and look out my window?” Aria sighed, looking over at him.
“Are you going to listen to me or just continue acting like I’ve just fucked up your whole life, because I haven’t.” Aria rolled her eyes and began styling her hair. “Are you Aria?”
“I’m listening, so talk.” She said.
“I don’t see you as a one time fuck or bang or anything. If it was up to me, we’d be in your bed right now, cuddling and talking, not having you on one side of the room glowering at me as if you want me dead, and me sitting on this chair wanting to slap myself.”
“I can handle the slapping for you if you’d like.” Aria remarked.
“Aria.”
“Keep going. “
“I’ve never dreamt about someone, and I’ve never used any lines on any girl. You’re different anyways. I actually have feelings for you. Every single thing I’ve said to you is true, dead true and I wouldn’t say something to you that wasn’t true because I care about you. I’ve known you for a day and I already know that you’re important to me.”
“You don’t even know my last name.” Aria pointed out, sitting down on the bed, keeping her distance. Vic sucked in a breath.
“There’s a lot I don’t know about you, and there’s a lot I want to know about you. This is why I really wish you would forgive me, and understand that what I said was a miscommunication, nothing more.”
“It’s Torres.” Aria said finally after a long pause of awkward silence.
“What?” Vic asked, confused.
“My last name. It’s Torres.” Aria explained, twisting her hair between her fingers as she spoke.
“Does this mean you forgive me?” Vic asked.
“I suppose, now I need to cook you freaks breakfast.” Aria said, standing up. Vic stood up and walked over to her, pulling her into a hug.
“Aria Torres, that has quite the ring to it.” He whispered against her neck. Aria smiled against his chest and breathed in his scent, then pulled away slightly, looking up at him. Vic kissed her, letting his lips linger on hers.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've been sitting on this one for over a week and I madly apologize. I just moved back home and started a new job and found out my dog has three months to live due to cancer (I'm writing about him, its the "c-word" if you're interested. Later folks.