Sequel: Hold My Heart
Status: Finished.

She Could Make Hell Feel Just Like Home

Chapter Four Vic

“Ok Gandhi, what’re protesting here?” Mike asked when all Vic ordered was water. “First you stop writing, then you stop sleeping, now you’re not eating. What’s next? You’re not going to perform?”
“Did I miss something?” Tony asked, looking from person to person.
“You were being a party pooper and you went to sleep, so I’ll fill you in. Mexican Gandhi over here,” Jaime burst out laughing, unable to finish his sentence. “Hasn’t been sleeping lately, and now he’s not eating. And he has lacked the skills to write some new songs.” Jaime began to snicker again. “Mexican Gandhi, oh god I’m funny.” He howled.
“Jaime, people are looking at you. Stop it before they call the police.” Vic hissed. Tony looked at Vic.
“You were sleeping when I got up.” He said.
“I know. I do sleep; they just don’t think I do.” Vic explained, looking over at Jaime, who had now gotten Mike to join in on the laughter and they were both collapsed on the table laughing.
“Except for the past few nights I’ve seen you up at all hours of the night. Nice try there Vic. What’s going on?” Tony asked, leaning on the table. Vic shrugged and crossed his arms on the table as the waitress put their drinks down, eyeing Mike and Jaime suspiciously, but walking away.
“I don’t know; I just can’t sleep. Everything’s just clogged up there. Nothing makes any sort of sense anymore, it’s just one big jumbled mess up there, and the lack of sleep really isn’t helping.” Vic looked up at Tony, who nodded.
“I get it. Sometimes you just can’t sleep and work shit out, totally normal.” He looked over at Mike and Jaime, who were giggling to each other, glancing up at Vic every once and awhile. “Now, if you start acting like them, I’m going to start getting concerned.” Tony smiled then.
“Here’s one weird thing though, when I fell asleep last night, I had a dream.” Vic said, leaning a little closer to Tony and lowering his voice. Tony looked over at Mike and Jaime, who were now quiet and leaning back in their booth seats, discussing something.
“I doubt they’re going to hear a single word you say right now.” Tony said, but he leaned forwards anyway, then looked over towards the other two. “Maybe we should step outside just in case.” Vic agreed and they both got up and headed outside. “Go ahead.” Tony said, leaning against the wall. “I won’t judge you.”
Vic leaned next to him. “Last night in my dream,” He paused. “I was in this room, like an auditorium you know? And there was this girl sitting next to me. Just drop dead gorgeous. And I felt like she was important in my life somehow, like she could help me. But I couldn’t hear her or anything.” Vic looked at Tony, who nodded for him to continue. “Every time she would talk, I couldn’t hear her, but everything else seemed so real, and I thought we were actually there, that I was really sitting next to this girl.”
“Have you ever seen anyone like her at all?” Tony asked, rubbing his shoulder as he spoke. Vic shook his head.
“I would remember her. She was so distinct and different and out there, there was no way I wouldn’t have recognized her.” Vic said, and then shook his head. “I don’t know, I think I’m just so tired my mind is making things up.”
“Could be. Who knows, maybe you used to know her, or you’re going to meet her. The mind works in mysterious ways.” Tony said with a shrug, then pushed off of the wall. “But you have got to eat something. We perform tomorrow for a sold out crowd, in case you forgot. And we can’t have our lead singer fainting on stage.” Tony told him, and then headed back in. Vic stayed still, staring at the empty parking lot. He finally pushed off the wall also and went back inside.