Status: Comments = updates! :D

One Thing

Here Goes Nothing

Today was the day, the day I'd either make it for the second time or break it. Thankfully we made it here early and we're the first ones in line. I wasn't nervous at first but as the line got bigger and the time came closer, my heart raced at an alarming rate.

"Li?"

I turned around and met a beauitful pair of hazel eyes. "Yea?"

"Are you okay?"

"Oh um yea." I weakly smiled. Her smile made me weak in the knees.

She saw right through my act and wrapped her arms around my torso. I immediately returned her embrace. "Don't worry, you'll do amazing. Trust me."

I smiled down at her. "I never said I didn't Elena."

She looked up at me and giggled. "Good."

Words could not describe how badly I wanted to kiss her at that moment. My family were the only ones that knew about my deeper than friendly feelings for my best friend, Elena Andrews. I've known her since grade school when we ended up in the same class together. Not just that but she was also my new neighbor. We've been inseperable ever since. We did everything together and supported each other in everything as well. Elena was always there for me when I first decided that singing was what I was gonna do for the rest of my life. She kept me calm when I grew nervous or scared. She was my rock and I was hers.

"What song are you planning on singing anyway?" She asked as she released me.

"Cry Me A River."

"I love that song."

I smiled. "I know you do."

"Hey look."

I looked at my mum and saw that her index finger was pointing at something behind me. Elena and I turnedaround and saw a man come out from inside the building. He walked right up to us with a clipboard in hand.

"Who's auditioning?"

"Oh um me."

"Name and age?"

"Liam Payne, 16."

He wrote the information down and handed me a number. "Alright Mr. Payne, see that lady over there?"

I looked in the direction he was pointing at and saw a nicely dressed woman standing at the front door.

"Yes."

"Follow her and she'll take you to the main stage for your audition. Good luck."

He gave me a pat on the back and continued on with the people behind me. My nerves just went from a three to a possible ten.

"Li, you'll do great. Now come on, that lady seems to be growing a bit impatient."

I looked over and saw that Elena was right. "Good point."

I felt her take a hold of my hand and myself feel at ease. "Well come on then."

She bolted for the door, taking me along with her. We all were then led inside. People were rushing every which way making sure everything was properly set and running. Elena rubbed circles into my hand as we walked deeper into the building, keeping me calm all the way. Wasn't long before we came to a stop, few feet from the side of the stage.

"Alright, you have five minutes before going on that stage so use that time wisely. I'll be back when time is up."

I nodded at the woman before she walked off. I turned to my family and sighed.

"Don't worry Liam, you'll do an excellent job. You'll win those judges over without a doubt."

I smiled. "Thanks dad."

"Dear let's give the kids sometime alone." My father turned to my mother and nodded. "Very well."

They soon walked further off to the side. I turned to face Elena beside me but saw that she wasn't there. She was on the steps leading out to the stage, peeking through the curtains. I smiled and walked over to her. She must've heard me coming because the closer I got, Elena turned away and faced me.

"How's it looking out there?" I asked, sitting next to her.

Elena placed her head on my shoulder. "Packed house."

I placed my head on top of hers. "And the judges?"

"Talking. I shot daggers at Simon but sadly he's still breathing."

I couldn't help but chuckle. "You sure can hold a grudge."

"Only sometimes." She giggled.

"Liam." I looked away from Elena and saw the woman from before standing in front of me. "Time's up."

I nodded as she handed me a microphone. I thanked her standing up from the steps and sighed. "Here's to hoping I don't choke."

"Would you cut that out? You're not gonna choke. We've been over this Liam James Payne."

I would've said something in return if Elena had not covered my mouth with her hand. "Don't sass talk me and listen to what I say. Understand?"

I nodded. She finally removed her hand and smiled. "Good."

"I don't know where I'd be without you Ellie."

I noticed her slightly blush. "Oh stop it Li."

"Ready to go?"

I looked at my dad and nodded. "Ready as I'll ever be."

"Liam, take off that jacket before you go up there." Elena nodded, agreeing with my mum. "Yea I'll hold it for you. Plus I'm getting a bit chilly."

"Alright." I removed my jacket and drapped it over her shoulders. "Is that better?"

Elena sighed in relief and nodded. "Much better."

"Liam, ten seconds."

I nodded at the woman again. I recieved a hug and kiss from my parents for luck. I turned to Elena and smiled. "Any words of wisdom?"

She nodded. "Think positive and stay confident. You're going to blow them away Liam." She then gave me a quick hug and peck on the cheek. "Greatest of luck out there. I believe in you Li."

After returning her hug and kiss on the cheek, I gave everyone a slight nod before being led onto the stage. 'Here goes nothing.' was the last I said to myself before walking center stage.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's chapter 2.
Thank you AllstarWeekendFanfic for the comment.
Also big thanks to the 4 subscribers and 25 readers.
Don't be anonymous, I wanna know what ya'll think of this story.

~Sevie <3 xx