Status: Happily Active :)

Unforgettable Charm

The "Date"

Date? Josh thought I was going on a date? He couldn’t possible think that Logan and I were actually more than friends, that was crazy! Everyone knew that Logan and I hung out and have gone out to dinner, this was no different. I had no idea why Josh would think that all of a sudden I was going on a date, that wasn’t the case at all. Sure, Logan and I were going to a more upscale place tonight, but that doesn’t mean that all of a sudden it’s a date. Plus, Logan knows I’m not interested in dating anyone right now, so this couldn’t be a date.

I was already dressed and ready to go. Since we were going somewhere fancy I had to dress up. I decided on a navy blue dress that hugged my curves nicely. The hem rested just about my knees and the neckline scooped low but not low enough to be too revealing. I had my on some light eyeliner and clear lip gloss and had my hair down and curled. I never got dressed up, so I was pleasantly surprised when Logan suggested the new French restaurant because it finally gave me a reason to dress nicely.

I heard my phone beep, signaling that I had a text message. I opened my clutch and took my phone out and saw that it was a text from Dianna.

Heard you’re going on a date with Logan, that true missy? ;)

Why did people think that this was a date? And where had she heard that from? I texted her back quickly.

Who told you that? It’s definitely not a date, we’re going out as friends, like always.

I sent it and quickly got a reply.

Logan himself. I’m pretty sure he thinks it’s a date considering he’s taking you to that new restaurant.

Oh crap.

Seriously? I thought we were just going out as friends again. What do I do?

Is it too late to call the date off?

Yeah, I’m pretty sure he’s already on his way over to get me.

Okay, if he brings up the fact that it’s a date, just remind him that you aren’t ready to start dating anyone.

Okay, I’ll do that, thanks : )

No problem : )

By the time I had finished texting Dianna my phone went off and I saw that it was a text from Logan saying that he was out front. I grabbed my clutch and went downstairs to meet him outside of my building. I was worried now that I knew that Logan was thinking that this was going to be date. The plan was to just go along with it and pretend that I didn’t know that this was a date until he mentioned it. I still didn’t know why he would consider this to be a date. I mean, he really did know that I wasn’t ready for a relationship, so why would he want this to be a date now?

I walked out of my building and saw Logan standing in front of his car. Once he saw me and smiled and walked up to me.

“You look beautiful, Katie,” he said as his eyes traveled along my body.

“Thanks, Logan, you look great too.”

“Not as a great as you,” he said, winking at me.

I only smiled back and then we walked to his car. He walked over to the passenger side and opened the door for me. I thanked him and sat down, then he went over and got into his seat and started the car up and started driving to the restaurant.

“So far I’ve heard great reviews about this place,” Logan told me.

“Really? That’s great; I’ve been wanting to go to this place since it opened up, so thanks for deciding to take me with you tonight,” I said smiling at him.

“Of course, well I wanted to go too, and who better to take then you?” He looked over at me and grinned.

I smiled back at him and we continued to make small talk until we reached the restaurant. Once there the valet took the keys from Logan to park the car. I was surprised to see paparazzi out front taking pictures of everyone who went into the restaurant. Another valet opened the door for me and stretched out his hand to help me out of the car. I took his hand and once out of the car flashes of light from the cameras started going off around me. Logan came over to me and took my hand in his and we walked into the restaurant together. I wasn’t exactly comfortable with him grabbing my hand, but I didn’t take it away from me, I didn’t want things to be awkward between us.

We were seated quickly since Logan had made a reservation. Once seated we gave the waiter our drink orders and we both started looking over the menus. The menu was in French, but underneath each item was the translation in English. Once we knew what we wanted we ordered and we started talking.

“This place is absolutely beautiful,” I said smiling.

“Not as beautiful as you,” he told me smiling.

Not knowing how to respond I chuckled and mumbled a thanks.

“So how do you feel about today being your last day of filming?” He asked me.

I was grateful for the change in conversation. “I can’t believe that it’s over already, seems like it all went so fast.”

“Yeah, well filming was only about a month and a half.”

“True, but it felt so much shorter than that. I’m going to definitely miss everyone on set though.”

“Everyone will miss you too, and don’t forget to stay in touch once you get crazy famous,” he told me chuckling.

“I won’t get crazy famous,” I said smiling.

“I wouldn’t be too sure about that, Katie. I heard this movie is supposed to be the next ‘The Notebook.”

“No way,” I said in disbelief. “That movie is the best romantic film ever, there is no way this movie can top that.”

“You sure? I wouldn’t be too sure about that. The plot is pretty good, plus, the lead actress is absolutely stunning,” he said, winking at me. I felt myself blush. I wasn’t used to getting so many compliments, and someone being so forward with me. “You’re cute when you blush.”

At that moment our dinner came and I breathed a sigh of relief. Thankful that we both now had a distraction from our conversation. I started to eat my food and Logan started eating his. He started talking about his next movie that he was filming and we talked about the one I had just finished auditioning for. Talking about that lasted all the way up until we were finished with everything. I was thankful that he stopped giving me compliments and such and that he was now taking me home.

Once we got back to my apartment building he walked me to the door.

“I had fun tonight,” I told him smiling.

“So did I, lets do it again soon.”

“Yeah, definitely.” Their was an awkward moment of silence, until I decided to speak up. “Well, I should probably head inside.”

“Oh, yeah alright, well goodnight.”

“Goodnight.” I started to walk towards my door but then Logan’s hand on my arm stopped me. Confused, I turned back and looked at him.

“Wait,” he said.

“Why?”

At the moment he started leaning in and I knew what was coming. Before I had time to react his lips were already on mine. My eyes stayed opened and I started to panic, I quickly pulled back away from him and took a step back. Logan opened his eyes looking confused.

“Why’d you pull away?”

“Because Logan, you and I are friends. Why did you kiss me?”

“Katie, you had to of known that this was a date, right?”

I stayed quiet for a moment, I knew this would happen. I should’ve canceled the moment that Dianna had told me that this was a date. “I wasn’t completely sure,” I started to say. “We’ve gone out a bunch of times together, I didn’t know for sure if this time was supposed to be any different.”

Logan sighed. “I knew I should’ve made myself more clear. I’m sorry, Katie, I just assumed that you would’ve known.”

“It’s alright.”

“Well, how about next week we actually go out on a proper date then?” He asked me, smiling hopefully.

“I don’t think that’s a good idea, Logan.”

“What? Why?” He asked, taking a step forward.

“Logan, you know that I’m not interested in a relationship right now.”

“I, I thought that since you finished filming you would be more open to it. I thought you weren’t willing to get into a relationship because you were busy with the movie? You have time off now, you’ve been in California for over a month; surely you’ve settled and have more time for a relationship, right?”

This is exactly what I didn’t want to happen. I was going to have to tell him that I didn’t have feelings for him, and I knew that he would be upset. I could only hope that he wouldn’t be too mad.

“Logan, I still have other things that will be going on.”

“I get that, but we can work around both of our schedules. We have photo shoots together, interviews, we’ll be able to see each other,” he said happily.

Here goes nothing.

“I don’t want to date you, Logan.” His face fell, but I continued anyway. “You have been such an amazing friend to me since I’ve been here. I love our relationship how it is now, I don’t want things to change. I don’t want to lose your friendship, Logan. You’re important to me, and I want to remain friends with you, nothing more.”

Logan’s face showed exactly what he felt, hurt. I hated what I had told him, even if he did need to know. He was still my friend, and the last thing I wanted to do was hurt him. Logan’s face morphed quickly from hurt, to anger.

“So you don’t want to be with me,” he stated angrily.

“No, Logan, only as friends.”

All of a sudden he got angry, really angry. “Of course! I should’ve guessed you were one of those girls. You walk around like you’re so innocent, acting like you’re America’s Sweetheart, but yet you string me along acting like you have feelings for me even though you actually never wanted me.”

“That’s not true! Logan you have been my friend ever since I moved here, you-”

“Stop acting like you didn’t know I liked you! I know you did, everyone knew I liked you. Don’t act so innocent, you and Dianna and practically best friends, don’t lie and tell me she didn’t tell you.” I couldn’t say anything, he was right. I had known all along that he liked me and I never said anything. Logan shook his head, “I knew it.”

“Logan please, I thought it was just a little crush, I thought it would pass and you would get over it,” I said, trying to defend my actions.

“You knew, and you acted like it was nothing. You knew I had feelings and yet you continued to hang out with me, go out with me, talk to me on the phone and text me. And yet you didn’t think you led me on?” He shouted.

“I was being your friend, Logan,” I said, starting to get angry as well. “That’s what friends do, I never told you that I wanted anything more. If you were seriously trying to be with me you should’ve manned up and told me yourself instead of letting everyone else knew that you liked me. This may be partly my fault, but it’s also yours. You think I was toying with you? When did I ever say I liked you? When did I ever make a move? Did I ever flirt with you?”

I knew I hadn’t done anything to make him think I wanted to be more than friends. I did things with him that normal friends did with one another. I knew I never made a move, told him I liked him as more than a friend or flirted with him. I made sure I never did any of those things because I knew how he felt about me.

“No,” he said quietly.

“Exactly, Logan you and I are friends, and that’s how I want it to stay. If that’s not good enough for you than I’m sorry.”

“It’s him, isn’t it?”

I was suddenly confused. “Him? Who?”

“It’s Josh; the real reason you don’t want to be with me is because you’re holding out for Josh, isn’t it?”

My jaw dropped. How could he think that? Sure I had a crush on Josh, but that had absolutely nothing to do with how I felt about Logan. Josh was completely irrelevant to this conversation.

“Logan, Josh has absolutely nothing to do with this. This is about you and me, and just because I don’t want to date you doesn’t mean it’s because of another guy.”

“That’s such a lie, Katie. Everyone knows there’s something going on between the two of you. I’ve seen the way the both of you look at one another, it’s obvious that the both of you have something.”

“Well Logan, that’s news to me because last I checked Josh and I were only friends.”

“You may say you’re only friends, but it’s pretty damn obvious you want to be more,” Logan stepped closer to me, looking even angrier than before if that was possible.

“No, Logan-”

“Stop the lying, Katie!”

“I’m not lying, Logan! He isn’t the reason I don’t want to be with you! I just want to be friends with you, that’s what I need right now!”

Logan shook his head and took a step back. “You know what? I’m out of here, I’m done.” Logan backed away and started walking down the steps and back to his car.

“Logan, please!” I didn’t want to lose him as my friend, I never wanted that.

“Save it!” He yelled back at me as he got into his car. He started it and sped away from me.

That went a lot worse than I thought it would go.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally some drama! Hope you guys liked it! Tell me what you thought!