Status: Happily Active :)

Unforgettable Charm

Time Heals All Wounds

It’d been weeks since Josh had told me that he was seeing someone else, and its been hard on me. For the first few days after he had told me about it, I couldn’t see him. He was calling and texting to make plans, but I had made myself unavailable, claiming I had lines to study, had photo shoots, or was going out with Dianna. For the most part, it was true, but then again, I could’ve found time to hang out with him but I couldn’t.

It still hurt knowing that it wasn’t me. It wasn’t me that he decided to pursue things with. When he had kissed me, he had made a choice. Afterwards, he made another choice, continue his ‘relationship’ with this other girl, or see how things turned out with me. But obviously, I didn’t make the cut. It was painful knowing the he didn’t want to be with me, that he preferred someone over me. I did my best not to let it get to me, but it did.

Why her? Why not me? Was there something wrong with me? Was I not funny enough? Not pretty enough? What did she have the I lacked? We had a great friendship, being in a relationship with me probably could’ve been amazing. I was insanely jealous of the girl, and I didn’t even know who she was. But she had what I wanted, she was lucky. When Josh and I did talk he never mentioned her. It was as if he knew that he shouldn’t. I, of course, didn’t mind that he didn’t talk about her; it was actually a relief. The last thing that I wanted was for him to go on and on gushing about her.

I had recently moved out of my last apartment. It technically wasn’t mine and the producers had put me up in that apartment since I had nowhere else to stay. But I had recently gotten my first apartment on my own in Los Angeles considering I had more than enough money to afford one. I finally had my own furniture and bed that I had bought and it was a good feeling knowing that I was going to be able to provide for myself and even gotten my own car. I had also started sending money to my parents back in Pennsylvania. The money I had gotten from making the film was unbelievable, I knew that actors and actresses had made a lot of money, but I wasn’t expecting that I would get so much.

Today was going to be the first day I was filming for Collision Course, which conveniently was going to be filmed here in Los Angeles even though the setting was New York. We were doing part of the movie here, and part of it in New York. Over the past few weeks I was preparing for the film, their were going to be lots of stunts that I was going to do, nothing too major, but I would be running a lot, jumping and getting thrown around a bit from explosions. I had already most of the cast that I was working with and everyone was really nice. I got a little star struck when I met Samuel Jackson and Chris Evans, they were amazing actors and I couldn’t be more excited to work with them.

I arrived on set and was thrust into hair and makeup, while I was getting fixed up I heard my phone go off. I had received a text, it was from Josh.

Good luck on your first day of filming!

I quickly wrote a response back. Thanks!

Within a minute I heard my phone go off again. Wanna grab dinner when you’re done? My treat.

I knew I couldn’t keep avoiding him, as much as I wanted to I knew I would have to face him sooner or later.

Sure, where do you wanna meet?

I had officially finished my first day of filming and it was fantastic. Everyone on set was a lot of fun and they made me feel so welcome. Now I was on my way to have dinner with Josh, we were gonna meet up at diner not too far from my apartment. I was gong to do my best to act like I always did around him. When I got to the diner I saw Josh’s car parked and knew that he was already inside. I parked my car and went inside the diner, I spotted Josh sitting in a booth in the very back, probably to avoid being seen by anyone. I did my best not to let my thoughts wander about him and headed over to where he was seated and sat in front of him.

“Oh wow, you look just like my best friend, Katie,” Josh said jokingly.

I laughed at his joke, “Shut up, I’m sorry work has just been so busy.”

“Don’t worry about it, I’m just happy I finally get to see you,” Josh said smiling at me.

“Me too.”

We talked like nothing had ever happened, which I was grateful for. I would rather pretend that nothing had happened, then talk about it and things get awkward. We talked about my filming, our families, friends, it was just like how it used to be. One thing had been getting me a little annoyed, Josh had constantly been looking at his phone and texting. Now I understand that he’s a busy guy and all, but we barely see each other, it would be nice to have him to myself, even if it is only for an hour.

“Josh, who do you keep texting?”

Josh looked up at me and frowned, “Sorry, Katie. It’s um, well, it’s Lexi.” I figured Lexi was the girl he was now seeing, so I didn’t pursue it. Before I had said another word his phone started playing a song I wasn’t familiar with. He took a look at the caller ID and sighed, “I’m sorry, Katie. It’s Lexi.”

“Oh, okay.”

He didn’t bother to get up for some privacy, instead he just answered it in front of me.

“Hello?” I couldn’t make out what she was saying, but I can tell the girl was not happy. “Yes, I’m out with Katie right now, we’re having dinner.” A few more moments went by and Josh ran a hand through his hair. “No, Lexi, come on don’t be like that.” This time I could hear her voice because she had gotten louder. She said something along the lines of, ‘I told you how I felt about this’. But I couldn’t really make it out. Then the talking stopped and Josh pulled his phone away from his ear and looked down at the screen.

“She hung up on me,” he said in disbelief.

What was that about?” I asked curiously.

Josh let out a big sigh. “She’s upset I’m out with you right now.”

“Me? Why?” I asked in shock.

“She’s convinced something is going on between us.”

“Why?”

“Well, she’s seen the tabloids, our interviews together, she thinks I’m doing something behind her back.”

“Why doesn’t she trust you? I mean, you haven’t even done anything behind her back, right?”

“Right, I didn’t do anything while I was with her. I mean, you and me, that thing, happened right before we decided to actually be together.”

That thing? He called our kiss, ‘that thing’? Guess if he can just call it ‘that thing’ it didn’t really mean much to him. But then again, if it really had, he wouldn’t even be with Lexi right now, he’d be with me, which he wasn’t.

“Um, yeah, exactly. Does she know about that?” I can’t believe how casual my voice was sounding right now. Guess I really am an actress.

“No, I thought it would be best she didn’t know. “

Well, maybe that’s why she’s being so paranoid, you should probably tell her the truth.”

Was I seriously giving him advice on how to handle things with his new girlfriend? What the hell was wrong with me?

“You think I should?” He asked.

“Yeah, I mean, if I was seeing someone I would always to be told the truth, whether or not it was good. Honestly means a lot on a relationship, if you’re hiding things from her that’s not really the right thing to do.”

“I guess you’re right, she’s gonna flip though.”

“Then let her flip, at least she would know the truth, and you wouldn’t be hiding anything from her anymore.”

“True, thanks for the advice, Kate.”

I gave him the best smile I could, “No problem. But hey, I should really get going, I have to get up early.” I said as I stood up and grabbed my bag.

“Oh yeah, okay. When can we hang out again?”

“I’m not too sure, but I’ll keep you posted on my schedule.”

Great,” Josh leaned in and hugged me. “It was god to see you.”

“Yeah, same.” I returned the hug then walked out the diner.

I got into my car and made my way home. I don’t know why I gave him advice, the last thing I wanted was to hear about his relationship wither her. But then again, if we’re friends, I guess I was going to be hearing about her every now and then. I really needed to move on from him, but it was so hard to. It shouldn’t be though, he had no problem just pushing me to the side for that Lexi girl, why couldn’t I do the same? Who says I can’t just find another guy out there who would like to be with me? But I knew I shouldn’t. Because I know that the only reason I would go out looking for a guy would be to get over Josh; and using another guy to do it wasn’t fair. I would just have to let myself get over him in time.

After all, doesn’t time heal all wounds?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait! A little bit of a filler but I hope you guys liked it!
Comment, subscribe, and recommend!
~Minnie