Status: Complete, Only took four years XD

Tristis Nox

Pants are Important I Suppose

I opened my eyes to a black and white familiar space. Without speaking I called out, “Vātēs. Vātēs.” I turned to see a silver owl perched on a white branch.
“Yes?” replied the owl although he did not open his beak.
“Your owl? Why did you send your alternate form?”
“I am currently at a meeting. So we must make this quick.”
“Okay. The meeting place is the Resurrecting Phoenix.” I handed the bird parchment. “When will we meet?”
The bird was silent for a moment. “In a month’s time, around noon, and in front of the fountain. We’ll talk soon, but I have to go. I am sorry.”
“Tis okay. Have fun.” I laughed.
The bird groaned before saying, “Be safe and good luck.” Then it flew off only to disappear a second later.
“Bye…” I whispered to the empty black and white room.
“TRISTIS!” was yelled as I returned to the guest room.
“Yes?” I asked nonchalantly.
“Are you okay? You were just standing there.” My maid asked with doe eyes.
“Yes, I was just deep in thought.”
“Okay. Dinner will be served soon.”
“What should I wear?”
“Something not blood stained.” She laughed as she took out a tunic and skirt for me to change into.
“Do you have pants? I don’t really like skirts.” I asked in an apologetic voice. She merely nodded before exiting my room to retrieve pants. When the door shut behind her I started peeling off my sweat and blood soaked shirt and pants. Once I was only in my undergarments I examined my cuts. *Nothing serious.* I smiled and started to wash my wounds clean and dressed them with a cloth I ripped from a shirt.
I heard a knock on the door and beckoned my maid in, still tending to my wounds. “T-Tristis… your ah your pa-pants.” She stammered, which caused me to turn around.
“Thank you… what?” I asked
“What are those on your skin?” her eyes were wide with wonderment as she slowly handed me the pants.
“Oh these?” I pointed to the grey designs covering my skin, “They’re my tattoos.”
“Wow. Did it hurt?”
“A little.”
“They are beautiful. May… may I touch them?” she asked with a blush.
“Sure.” I smiled. I pulled my tunic over my head then rolled up my sleeve. I stuck out my arm and she started tracing one on my forearm.
“They are beautiful.” She repeated in awe.
“Yeah, I like them. Sets me apart… though the meaning behind them is awful…” I whispered the last part to myself.
“What?”
“Nothing. Let’s go before I get in trouble.” I smiled again as I turned to leave.
“Tristis.” The maid giggled.
“What?”
“You may want to put your pants on.” She burst into a fit of laughter. I looked down baffled to find all I had on was my tunic and underwear.
“Oops! That could have been embarrassing.” I laughed as I pulled my pants on and quickly put on my boots. “Now let’s go!” I exclaimed, skipping out of the room to the dining hall. My last thought before descending the stairs were of Vātēs and the meeting.
♠ ♠ ♠
The song that most reminds me of Tris is "Beautiful Ones" by Poets of the Fall. Enjoy