Status: Complete, Only took four years XD

Tristis Nox

Let's Sleep and Put Off the Inevitable

“Tris, how far is this planet?”
I shrugged, pulled up my right sleeve, and gasped. My tattoos were now eggshell color. “Pater Noster! When did this happen?!”
“What do mean? You have been here for months, should your tattoos not be this color?” Vātēs was baffled at my surprise.
“They weren’t like this before. They had barely changed over the past few weeks…” I slipped to the floor in shock. *No, no more death, please.*
“Then how?!”
“I don’t… King Lucas.”
“Who? What does this have to do with your tattoos changing color?”
“He was keeping the peace of this planet. With him gone, the peace keeper vanishes and Hell will break loose.”
“You mean just because one man died this planet will fall?”
“One very important man. Now his son will be king.”
“That is bad?”
“That is very bad because he loves fighting. He even wants me to join his army!”
“What did you say?” he whispered.
“Screw you, of course.” I laughed quietly, but it was a hollow laugh that did not last long.
“…what are you going to do?”
“What do you mean?”
Vātēs sighed and looked at me. “We both know you are not going to be “good” and watch and let nature take its course. You are going to try to save this world. So what are you planning?”
I grinned. *You know me too well, my friend. Too well.* “I’m going to try to prevent any war from happening. First, I’m going to talk to Carson, the soon-to-be king, but I doubt he will listen. And if my prediction is correct I’ll have to go talk to the opponent. Hopefully that’ll save the planet.”
“And what if they are both bloodthirsty?”
“…I’ll do my job.” *Although I don’t see why I should. Eventually, all would be cleansed on its own.* We both went quiet until I had a thought. “Oh!”
“What?” Vātēs jumped at my sudden outburst.
“How’s Lexicon?”
“As beautiful as ever.”
“Mmm. And the “wonderful” council?”
“As… ugh. How I detest them.”
“Except Cain of course.”
“Yes, except Lord Cain.”
“You’re so formal, Vay! No one’s here to hear us, so lighten up.” I said as I got up and fell on the bed.
“You, Tristis, should be more formal. You are too loose with your language.” He laughed and lay down next to me.
“Eh, I am formal… I just pick and choose who I should be formal with.” I yawned and turned on my side; facing Vay. “I’m tired.”
“Where are you staying?”
“The palace.”
Vātēs looked at my surprised then cleared his throat. “Then you should go and rest.”
“Too tired.” *And it’s probably best if I’m not there, since I’m a prime suspect and I kinda left the interrogation and all.*
“People will start talking.” He warned.
“I don’t care.” I mumbled back as darkness slowly swallowed me.
“Don’t I know. Get some sleep, my friend.” He whispered as I got more comfortable. I fell asleep with Vātēs humming a lullaby and running his hand threw my hair.
♠ ♠ ♠
A short chapter, but it's cute. Well, in my opinion anyways. I like Vay and Tris's interactions together. Comment pleeease so I know my story is kinda liked.
Pater Noster- Our Father