Status: Complete, Only took four years XD

Tristis Nox

My Territory Rawr

My nightmares should have prepared me for what the next day brought, but of course I did not. So as per the norm I got up, dressed in something comfortable, and waltzed downstairs humming a quiet tune. I greeted the staff as I passed and was all smiles as I walked into the dining area. First person I saw was King Able and with a small laugh I greeted, “King Able, welcome back! How was your trip?”
“It went well. Tristis I’d like you to meet-“ A young man stepped out from behind King Able and I cut him off.
“CARSON!?” I yelled in shock as I pointed at the man I thought I left behind so long ago. *Oh no, this can only end badly.*
“Little bird, it has been so long. Still making friends with royalty I see. How are you?” He smiled brightly and walked towards me with outstretched arms.
“Should you not be planning your coronation or something?” I dripped sarcastically as I dodged his hug.
“Come now, love, you know I have that all taken care of.”
“Yeah, along with some other things.” I growled, knowing he knew what I meant. “And don’t call me love.”
“You are so mean to me, and I thought we were friends.” His fake sincerity making me glower at him more.
“Yeah, over my dead body.”
“If I was not your friend would I have convinced everyone that you were not the reason my father died?” A small smirk twitched at the corners of his mouth as there were audible gasps from the people listening.
“That was so nice of you, let’s be best friends now!” My voiced rose high as I commented on best friends, making it obvious that he was going to be anything but. “However, anyone who was there could have seen that I hadn’t. A murderer wouldn’t have stayed behind, cradling the poor man, and without a weapon. They would have fled. Plus what motives did I have anyway? He was the nicest man in that castle. Did your interrogators ever come up with anything to condemn me with?” I spat.
“No they did not. They did not inquire further because of me I should have you know.” He pouted as if he was hurt.
“Mhm, I’ll take that into consideration for a minute…” I paused for only a second before replying, “Still don’t like you.”
“You hurt my feelings, Love.”
“I highly doubt that and for the last time, don’t call me love or any other pet name you can come up with.”
“I think it is cute.” Anita commented.
“Anita.” I face palmed myself in disbelief.
“What?”
“See, I do not understand why you hate me so much, my pet, but I am not as evil as you think I am.” His innocence was getting on my nerves.
“If I remember well, Carson, you prefer fighting over peace. Even called your father a peaceful fool, so why are you agreeing with this Peace Treaty again?” I crossed my arms as I raised an eyebrow. King Able looked over at Carson suspiciously and waited for a reply.
Carson unexpectedly started laughing. “You must have heard wrong, of course I want peace between my kingdom and King Able’s. Only a blood thirsty fool would want otherwise. I want to make sure this peace comes to pass as soon as I can, in honor of my wise father, King Lucas.” He sounded so sincere that even I almost believed him, yet I had seen the real him and knew better. I cringed a little at the end when Carson spoke of King Lucas. Whenever I pictured him, I saw him covered in blood.
“We shall discuss the treaty once everyone has eaten, so please, everyone, sit and relax.” King Able smiled and glanced at me for the latter part. I pursed my lips and sat between King Able and Anita. Carson was welcomed like an old friends and I sat silently, brooding at the fact that the man responsible for the end of this world, was welcomed with open arms. I disliked the fact that Carson brought out this side of me, but I couldn’t help it. With him I felt like a trapped animal or a wolf who was trying to keep her territory. *I need to relax but stay on alert, wish he didn’t get under my skin though…* I let out a sigh and caught Anita looking at me.
“Yes?” I inquired.
“How do you know Crowned Prince Carson?” I could tell she was unhappy that I never said anything before.
“Free after breakfast? It’s a bit of a story.”
“For a little while, I want to sit in on the treaty discussion.”
“Alright, then shall we take a stroll around the castle?”
“We shall.” She smiled and went back to her breakfast. I excused myself from the table so I could think of a way to tell my friend how I chilled in the enemy country for a while.
“Excuse me, I’m finished and wish to train. May I be excused?”
“Oh, must you leave so soon, dear? We have only just untied and have not talked much.” Carson’s eyes betraying the mischief and mockery that his face did not show.
“That’s too bad, and if I recall correctly my last words to you were ‘may we never meet again.’” I turned to King Able. “May I please leave?”
“Yes, you may.”
“Thank you.” I pushed my chair back and went to leave.
“Lady Tristis?” I turned to face King Able. “Please be more respectful to my guests, even if you do know them.” He gave me a stern look. I pursed my lips and turned to Carson.
“Have a nice day, Carson. Keep the Peace.” I turned on my heels and walked quickly out of the castle. I trained until Anita came to get me. Once I finished my cool down stretches and we began walking.
♠ ♠ ♠
And he's back! Did you miss him? I know I kinda didn't, but I do like writing Carson's parts. Bickering flirting is kinda fun =) But I do feel bad for Tris, I feel like lately I'm making her look like a total bitch X/ Sorry Tris... Cheers!