Status: Complete, Only took four years XD

Tristis Nox

Nonjudgemental Eyes

*Yet another awful part to my oh so wonderful job.* I hated the worlds where I became friends with the leaders only to have to tell them to do something that goes against their duty. It was always difficult to tell them to give up everything they worked for in order to save their world. *More often than not, they refuse and more blood is shed than necessary.* I walked tiredly to Jonathan’s workshop.
“Hello, Tris. You okay?” He asked concerned.
“Yeah, mind if I work on the dagger?” I needed to do something productive before falling apart.
“Sure, you know where the tools and gear are.” I nodded and set to work. I focused my mind and energy into making the most beautiful dagger anyone had ever seen. All day I worked on the dagger, beginning with the cross guard and only started on the handle when I was satisfied with the shine of it. I selected an antler, cut it to the appropriate length for me, and worked to perfect the hole to the right size for the tang of the blade. I was not able to finish everything by the time Jonathan and Robby decided to close shop.
“Tristis, time to leave.” I looked up at Robby a little startled.
“You’re closing already?”
“It is dinner time.” Robby chuckled.
“Oh, wow I wasn’t even aware of how much time passed.” I straightened and it finally hit me how stiff me muscle were. “Oh, never mind.” I groaned as I stretched.
“It is coming out beautifully, Tristis.” Jonathan admired my craftsmanship.
“Thank you. I’m putting my heart and soul into it.”
“I can tell. Are you sure you have never done this before?” He asked with a light accusation in his tone.
“I’m sure.” I chuckled. “But I tend to be gifted in things like this. Well, I best be off before the King sends out a search party. Bye and thank you.” I left the shop and jogged back to the castle. I entered through the kitchen so I could quickly clean up. “How late am I?”
“Not too late, but you better hurry.” Thorton warned. He handed me a clean piece of cloth for me to use. I scrubbed as much as I could from my face and hands, turning the water grey. “What were ye doing all this time?” He asked bewildered.
“I’m making a dagger and it’s dirty work.” I grinned.
“I can tell. Well best be off before you get yelled at.”
“I don’t even know if I’m wanted here anymore.” I whispered and left before Thorton could question what I said. “Sorry I’m later again.” I bowed to King Able, Anita, and Carson.
“Were you with Master Hart again?” King Able asked.
“Guilty as charged.” I smiled as I sat down and looked around. Today we not only had Carson as a guest but also the Cast’s, Bane’s, and Sierra. “Hello everyone.” I greeted. I got a mix of mumbled ‘hi’s.’ Sierra was the only one who smiled and genuinely greeted me back.
“Dinner may begin.” King Able nodded and everyone started to dig in. For a short while the only noise was of utensils hitting plates, but eventually conversation rose and the table got boisterous.
“Lady Tristis,” I turned to face Sierra. “May I inquire why you were late for dinner?” She smiled gently to me. *She has wise, nonjudgmental eyes for one so young.*
“I started the blade of a dagger recently and today I was working on the cross guard and the hilt.” I crossed my utensils over my plate and continued. “I’m a bit of a perfectionist, so it’s taking me awhile to get all the pieces as I want them.”
“That is fascinating. May I see the finished product? I may not be that great at handling weapons, but I do enjoy their beauty.”
“Sure, I’d like to see what you think of my craftsmanship.” I smiled with a bit of a laugh entwined in it.
“Wonderful.” She smiled widely. “If I may be so bold, may I also ask where you are from? I have not heard such an accent before.” Anita glared at me as Sierra listened intently.
“I can’t tell you much but I can tell you it’s a far off place. My home is called Lexicon, I’m actually one of the few who talk like. If you ever meet Vātēs, he talks like most of the people in my homeland, very formal. It’s actually really rare for him to so informally, even to me. If he starts talking in contractions, you know he means business.” I chuckled.
“Is this man your lover?”
“No.” I chuckled again. “He is my partner and more importantly my best friend.”
“Partner?”
“Where I am from we work in a fighter/seer partner system. He is a seer to my fighter, meaning he does all the political aspects of the job and makes sure I don’t screw up too bad, while I carry out missions.” Anita made an almost inaudible sound, but I did not avert my eyes to her.
“What kind of missions do you do?” Sierra’s brows came together.
“Missions that my council tells me to do. I can’t talk about them, I am sorry.”
“It is fine.” She bowed her head lightly.
“I am not feeling well, please excuse me.” Anita pushed back her chair, curtsied to everyone and left. I looked after her sadly. I felt King Able’s eyes slide to me, but I refused to look at him as I stared at the door as it shut.
“Are you alright, Lady Tristis?” Sierra placed a hand on top of mine.
“Fine, I’m just worried about An-Princess Anita.”
“Are you sure?” Those wise eyes of her bore into me and made me want to shrink away.
“Yes, thank you for your concern.” For the rest of the meal I talked to Sierra about everything and anything; nothing too heavy though. Finally, dinner was finished and everyone started to depart.
♠ ♠ ♠
Because I've written so much today... you get another chapter yay!
I really like Sierra and I will make one promise, she won't get mad at Tris for any reason so calm your weary hearts =) The next part, which won't be coming out this weekend mwahahaha, has to be one of my favorite parts because it was just so much fun to write. So stay tune and hope you like. Cheers!