Status: Complete, Only took four years XD

Tristis Nox

Farewell All

"Tristis!” Rayna cried with happiness and tackled me with a hug.
“Hi Rayna, how are you?” I smiled.
“Great and you?”
“Quite well.” I talked with her for a little while before joining the group of everyone else. We talked for a little and then King Able entered and we all dispersed to sit at the table. I talked to Robby as Rayna mostly talked to Anita. The meal went very smooth and peaceful.
“Lady Tristis, how is your dagger coming?” Sierra smoothly injected after Robby and I completed a topic.
“I’ve completed it today, I can show you when we aren’t at the table if you wish.” I offered.
“Yes, please.” Her eyes lit up with excitement.
“Great.” The meal finished a while later and we all retired to a sitting room. Sierra, along with Rayna, sat by me to see the dagger they had heard so much about. I slid it out of its sheath and held it out. The dark metal of the blade and cross guard gleamed in the light and the oiled dark leather held strong.
“It is so well crafted and with no visible flaws.” Sierra commented in awe.
“May I see it?” Rayna asked. I handed it to her and she balanced it on her index finger. “It is perfectly balanced and sturdy. You would never guess this was your first time crafting one.” She inspected.
“Your father approves of it, so I am happy with it.” I replied.
“What do these words say?” Sierra asked as she tried to read the light markings on the dark metal.
“Keep Believing.” I pointed to the shorter script.” And There is Always Hope.” I pointed to the other side.
“Why those sayings?” Sierra asked and everyone looked at me.
“Because, they are what keep me going when everything around me falls apart.” I held emotion in my voice, but my face showed no meaning behind my words. Everyone remained quiet until the old grandfather clock chimed; breaking the silence.
“We should be going. Robby and I have to get up early tomorrow.” Jonathan said, getting up from his seat. “Thank you King Able for having us.”
“The pleasure was mine.” King Able smiled as he embraced Jonathan. Everyone said good-bye to each other and right before the Hart’s were about to leave I stopped them.
“Before everyone goes, I want to say something.” Everyone turned to me; some with knowing faces, others with curious ones. “I wish to inform everyone that I will be leaving tomorrow. I’m sorry for the short notice, but it is something I must do.”
Everyone was quiet again, before Rayna cried, “You cannot leave!”
“I’m sorry Rayna, but I must.” She pouted and rushed to me. She almost squeezed the life out of me when she hugged me. “Rayna, are you trying to kill me?” I chuckled.
“No, but I am going to miss you. Must you leave tomorrow?”
“Yes, I am sorry. I will miss you too.” I smiled down at her gently, like a mother would to a child. For the first time since meeting most of these people, I looked like someone that surpassed even the oldest in age. I said good-bye once more to all my friends before the King requested to meet with me alone.
“You wished to speak with me?” I questioned.
“Why are you leaving? Was it something Anita or I did?” King Able seemed a little hurt by my sudden decision.
“You two did nothing, but I can no longer stay here. I can’t take Anita being mad at me and I’ll be too tempted to try and persuade you away from trust. Plus, I’m no longer needed here.”
“Needed?”
“My point in leaving Carson’s kingdom and coming here was to talk to you. Since I can’t change your mind, I longer need to stay here. Don’t get me wrong, I like being here but I just can’t be here anymore.”
King Able nodded and asked, “Where shall you go?”
“The town I originally stayed at when I first got here.”
“Will you still come to the ball?” *I forgot about that. I don’t know how since Sierra’s been around so often lately.*
“If you still want me to come I will. I wouldn’t miss your wedding celebration.” I smiled kindly.
“Of course you are still invited. And being away for a little while may give Anita some space to think and get over being mad at you.” King Able offered gently.
“I hope so, and thank you. I will definitely be at the ball.”
“Make sure to say good-bye before you leave.”
“I will. Thank you for everything King Able, you have been too kind to me.” I bowed deeply.
“It was nothing Lady Tristis.” We said our good-nights and left to our rooms. Like all other night, my dreams were filled of nightmares but I never once woke from them. When I woke the following morning, I was covered in a thin layer of sweat and groaned at how tiring these nightmares were. I breathed out deeply before getting up and finding all of my original things. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t find my original outfit anywhere, so I picked the least expensive looking outfit in the room and put it on. Once satisfied with my outfit, I quickly did my hair, grabbed my bag, and headed downstairs to eat. I ate alone and went on an adventure to find anyone I knew to say good-bye to. After a few hours I ended up at the second to last person I needed to say farewell to.
♠ ♠ ♠
I believe this will be the last chapter I post before I complete the story fully. I want to finish it as soon as I can so I don't drag it out. I can't believe how hard it is to finish it! But alas it must be done. Well, enjoy the chapter and see you soon! Cheers!