Status: Complete, Only took four years XD

Tristis Nox

Time to Erase

I’m… dying aren’t… I?” Rob asked as his breathing became more ragged as time passed.
I continued stoking his hair and replied, “Yes, Rob, you are.”
“I’m glad… you are the… one… here with…me Tris. If you… see mom… let her I… love her.” His breathing was slowing down and his eyes were drooping.
“I will, I promise.”
“Can you… sing to… me? Mom use to… sing.” It was getting harder for him to talk and finally he gave up trying to speak.
“Sure, just sit back, relax, and enjoy the song.” I felt Rob chuckle as I started to sing him to sleep.
Ego veni
Non salvat, sed damnare
Omnes vos estis fortis
Dum infirmus sum et ignave.
Tu spem vitamque
Ita sum lente amittendi meipsum
Volo prohibere maddness
Ego in fine inops.
Depositum meum doleo pro
Ignosces me.
Ego veni
Non salvat, sed damnare
Tu es fortis
Dum infirmus sum et ignave.
Ignosces
Non oderunt me mihi comites.
Rob died half way through the song, but I felt the need to finish the song for him. I was startled out of my trance when someone spoke to me. “Nox, you know better than to walk the field. You could get in trouble.” A dark hooded figure stood before me.
“We are angels, Talon, we should be helping the dying pass on with little pain. Plus, it’s the least I could do for being the one who will destroy all this.”
“You know better than to let your feelings get in the way of the job.” Talon pulled his hood down so I could see him clearly. “You should be glad I am the one here instead of someone else.”
“You do always have my back.” I smiled. “Thank you.”
“Sometimes I think I am just as bad as Vay.” He shook his head in amusement. “Now if you excuse me.” He bent down and offered his hand to Rob. With a voice only that of an Angel of Death could posses he called, “Robert, it is time to go home.” A translucent hand grasped Talon’s and was pulled free from the dead body. Rob’s ghost looked around bewildered as Talon placed a hand gently on Rob’s shoulder.
“Tristis?” Rob’s voice echoed in my ears in fear.
“It’s okay, Rob, Talon’s going to take you to a place where you will no longer feel pain.” I smiled gently. Rob looked up at the towering man in back of him and then back at me like I was crazy. “Talon’s awesome, he won’t let anything bad happen to you.”
“You trust him?”
“With my life. Now go, you may see your mom where you are going. If not, you will see her soon.” He smiled at me and then nodded at Talon. “Later Talon.”
“Bye Tristis, try not to get into trouble.” He warned before turning and taking Rob’s soul to paradise. Once again alone, I gently laid Rob’s body on the ground and left for another place. I walked the fields of all the battles fought and prayed for all the souls departed and departing. The second to last place I ended up at made my knees buckle from under me. Aries stood mourning the body of his beloved mate. Even from afar, my angelic eyes saw that he was in terrible shape and only standing by shear will. I ran, more like stumbled over to his and cried out for him. His sad, broken eyes looked over to me and he made the most heartbreaking cry I had ever heard. “Aries, I’m so sorry.” I threw my arms around his neck and offered as much support as possible. He made a small whinny noise before slowly sinking to the ground until his head was on my lap. His breathing was similar to Rob’s and I knew the end was nearing for my friend. “It’ll be over soon and you will be able to see your love again.” I whispered to him. He snorted in what I assumed was content. I stayed with him for the last ten minutes of his life and he slipped silently away; never hating me, even in the end. I kissed his dirty forehead, got up, and moved on with a broken heart. I ended my journey on the field where the latest battle took place. My heart clenched as I looked down from the bloodied hill. Death and decay corrupted the air as the land before me glowed like fire. The sun was setting and set the scene a blaze.
Sadness once again flowed through me and my shoulders fell. This repetitive feeling always killed the hope I held for the world I stood on. Why does this happen? Why was this destined for the world? Always endless questions I had, but never was I given answers.
I sat down on the rocky, death soaked hill and waited for my energy to be restored. I always felt weak after seeing a scene like this. As I waited a single tear slid down my face as the fires continued to burn. *I’m sorry…*
I do not know how long I was sitting there, but I was startled out of my soul numbing trance by the appearance of Vay. I could feel his emotions as he stared at me, even though I was not looking up at him. Finally he spoke softly, “Tristis, it is time.” He offered his gloved hand. After a last glance at the scene I looked at my loyal friend and a smile spread across my lips. As he helped me up, a sad, confused emotion morphed on his face and he asked, “How can you smile at me like that?”
I could feel my face become gentle and I replied, “Because you’re still here.” I pulled him into my embrace and hugged him for dear life. *You keep me sane when the world around me makes me crumble inside. You don’t understand how important you are to me. I can smile because you are you and you’re the only constant thing in my life and I am eternally grateful for that.* “Thank you.” I whispered before pulling away and standing before the world. “Here we go…” I whispered, outstretched my arms, and called forth all of my destructive power to the surface. The power built up as I became in tune with the chaos of the world and once in-sync, I let it free to erase the world I had come to like.
♠ ♠ ♠
Song in Latin-
I have come here
Not to save, but to condemn,
You are all strong
While I am weak and a coward.
You are full of hope and life
While I am slowly losing myself
I wish to stop this maddness
But in the end I am helpless.
I am sorry for the sins I have committed
Please forgive me.
I have come here
Not to save, but to condemn,
You are strong
While I am weak and a coward.
Please forgive me
Do not hate me, my friends.

Sorry for the late update; I forgot my laptop at my friend's over the break. Cheers!