Status: Complete, Only took four years XD

Tristis Nox

Resurrecting Phoenix, an Important Place

After climbing the stone wall I found myself in the small compact village. Venders and stores were as far as I could see, which was a pretty decent feat considering I could see rather far. So I stood there dumbstruck until someone bumped into me. “Oops… sorry lady.” A small kid said.
“It’s alright.” I smiled before closing my eyes and concentrating.
“What are you doing?” was the last thing I heard before a black and white tavern with a fountain in front appeared in my vision.
I opened my eyes and looked side-ways at the little boy and said, “I was thinking. Do you know where the Resurrecting Phoenix is?”
“Yeah, why?”
“I need to go there. Can you show me the way?”
“Of course!” he then grabbed my hand and dashed through the crowd. People stared as a little kid dragged a 5’11” woman through the town.
I laughed as I said, “You don’t have to drag me you know; I’m a big girl.”
He blushed and let go of my hand but kept up his rigorous pace. When we hit the most crowded part of town I lost him. Suddenly I was on alert and scanned the crowd until I saw a mop of auburn hair running east of where I was. I quickly dashed to ketch up, but as I got closer I lost him again. I spun in a circle looking for him.
“Looking for me lady?” the little kid laughed as he jumped down from a nearby wall.
“I thought you ditched me back there.” I smiled.
“Nah, I keep my promises.”
“Good.” Then we walked a while longer before I spotted my land mark; the fountain. “Come on this way.” He took a sharp left and entered a house. I followed right behind him and was greeted by a boisterous crowd.
“Rob, where have you been?” a woman shouted. I turned to see a petite woman, with the same auburn hair, looking at the boy who had lead me here. Grabbing my hand again he pulled me to the bar where the woman was.
“I was showing the lady here where the tavern was.” He pouted when he replied.
“Rob, I taught you better manners than that. She does have a name.” the woman said sternly.
“I was showing… ah… uh… ummm-“
“Tristis. I asked Rob to show me where the tavern was.” I said as I shook the woman’s hand.
“I’m Val, Rob’s mother and owner of the Resurrecting Phoenix.”
“Nice to meet you and nice tavern.”
“Thank you. Why were you looking for this little place? We have no room at the moment if you looking for one.”
“It’s fine. I’m meeting a friend here so I wanted to know where to go.”
“I see. Well, you are welcome here as long as you don’t cause a riot or destroy the place.”
“Just a meeting,” I laughed, “And I wouldn’t do any of that. I used to work at a tavern so I love these places. Hard, but fun.”
“I agree with that. I’ve got to get back to work. It was nice meeting you, Tristis.”
“You too, Val.” I smiled. She smiled back before returning to work.
“I should help too. With dad gone I’ve gotta help mum as much as possible. Nice meeting you Tristis.” Rob waved as he turned to face me.
“Nice meeting you Rob. Thanks for showing me around.” I inclined my head then turned to leave.
“Don’t get lost.” Rob grinned.
I stuck out my tongue before exiting the tavern. Once out I stood outside deciding what to do next. With a sigh I decided to head back to the castle. It was not until I was in front of the gate that I realized I probably would not be allowed in. *I only met a handful of guards this morning; I doubt this one was one of them. This shall be fun.*
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy and comment. Please don't be a silent reader