Status: Complete, Only took four years XD

Tristis Nox

I'm Quite the Acrobat

“Tristis!” a voice called to me. I lazily half turned to see Carson walking towards me with an older man at his side. I fully turned and walked half way to them before stopping. All were now looking at me by the time they stood before me. “You have finally come out of your room… and in men’s clothing nonetheless.” Carson laughed. “Father, this is Tristis. The woman I told you about.”
“Ah the one who could defeat half a dozen thugs? It is a pleasure to meet you.” The old man with long grey hair and beard said as he extended his hand. “I am King Lucas.”
I smiled, “Nice to meet you, my Lord. It’s kind of you to let me stay here with you.”
“It is a pleasure.” He smiled back.
“How did you know my name? I don’t recall ever telling you it.” I turned my gaze to Carson, stressing the word telling.
“No one talks to the prince like that!” A muscular man shouted as he took an aggressive step forward.
But Carson raised his hand and the man stopped. “It is fine Nick, it is true you did not. I asked you maid and she told me. Do not be mad at her.”
“I’m not.” I shrugged. I really did not care, it is not like I am here long anyways.
“So why men’s clothing? We have plenty of women’s clothing.”
“What can I do in female clothing? They’re quite restrictive.” Carson and the king both laughed after hearing this.
“You are quite the unique creature, my dear.” Lucas said after he was done his laughing fit.
“Thank you, my Lord. I’ve been told I’m a mystery.”
“So you are. You do not look like most women. Where are you from?”
“A place far, far away from here. You haven’t heard of it.”
“I do not know about that. I am old and quite knowledgeable.”
“My home is Lexicon.”
The king thought a moment, searching his extensive memory. “You have stumped me, my dear. I only know that name through stories.”
“Stories, sir?”
“Yes, stories about angels.” He peered at me closer as he said ‘angels.’
I laughed while saying, “I doubt you can call me an angel after beating up those men. But I would like to hear about them. The stories I mean.”
He smiled then and said, “It will have to be another time for I have a meeting I must go to. Must keep the peace around here. Goodbye and nice meeting you, Tristis.” He gently hugged me.
I was momentarily surprised, but quickly hugged back. “And you, King Lucas. Keep the peace.” He let go and smiled.
“I will, be good.” Then he walked away to go do his kingly duties.
“So what do you think of my father?” Carson asked after silence fell over the room.
“I like him. May he always keep the peace around here.”
“I doubt that will happen.”
“Why?”
“It is getting hostile around here.” He grinned and may hatred for him escalated.
“And you’re enjoying this?”
“Not enjoying it exactly, but who does not like a good fight? Right men?!” he shouted as he punched the air. Half a dozen “Aye’s!” rang in the air which caused me sigh.
“You wouldn’t understand.” Nick rudely said, than quietly added, “Women don’t get it.”
“You’re right, I don’t get it. Not because I am female, but why fight when you could have peace?” I was miles away thinking of my past and my mission at hand. “Just because I have the power to kill doesn’t give me the right to murder all.”
“Like you could harm any of us.” Then everyone started to laugh, except for Carson and me.
“You know nothing. You’re threat level is nothing compared to what I have fought. How easily I could kill you without you knowing it…” I snapped with my eyes narrowing and fists clenched. I turned to leave, hating almost everything that had to do with this castle.
“Kill me? I’m an elite guard!” he shouted at my retreating form. Angered more at my silence he then yelled, “Try defending this!” he then charged and swung his broad sword at me.
Quickly turning around I dove under his sword and rolled out of the way. He roared with fury and charged at me once again. With each swing I merely side stepped or danced out of the blade’s path. He grew more furious and his actions became more aggressive and faster. At one point I flipped onto a nearby table and scanned the room. The other guards were out of the way and watching while Carson was nowhere to be seen. *This is annoying. This has to end now!*
The next time Nick charged at me I leapt, stepped on his head, flipped, and then ran towards the nearest window. “Lord Protect Me!” I whispered as I grabbed two pieces of rope and vaulted out the window. To my relief I was only on the second floor so when I dropped to the ground I would not be hurt. When the rope hit full length I was flung back up so I flipped once more and then released the rope. I smiled as I free fell to the ground before landing with a soft thud. I looked up to see men gathering at the window. I smirked and saluted them before dashing off towards the nearby village.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I got the name of Tris's home from my friend. She told me to put Lexicon somewhere in my story so I did. Enjoy and comment