You'll Never Outrun What Waits for You Tomorrow

Your Memory Serves You More Than I Can Now

I woke up in a bed, Keeping my eyes closed i tried to remember yesterdays events. My head was at pace with my thumping heartbeat and I felt the back of my eyes thump with them. The door opened and a I kept my eyes closed. The feet came around the bed and stopped before leaving again closing the door quietly around them.
I took this opportunity to figure out where i was, I didn't really have to guess I knew where I was just by the smell. Opening my eyes my theory was confirmed, I was at Kari's still.

'Well one question has been answered. What the fuck happened last night?' I rubbed my head slowly sitting up.

Running my hands through my hair for a few minutes i tried to remember the past events through my throbbing headache. The door opened again and in walked Dj with a glass of water and Advil. Was he the one that walked in and checked on me a few moments ago?
He saw me awake and opened his mouth to say something.

I stopped him by holding my hand out for the pills.

Instead he handed me the water and measured out my dose of Advil.

"Thanks." I scolded as he handed me some bread.

"How... Are.. you?" It seemed to pain him to ask of my well being.

"Fine." I said picking at the bread.

He seemed uncomfortable, "You should eat that. So you have something in your stomach for the pills."

I gave him a stern look even though it pained my eyes, "I'll take that advice into consideration."

He shrugged and waved his hands up.

I decided to try and be civil considering all this glaring was doing no good for my headache, "Where is Kari?"

"She had to work." He shrugged.

I nodded, "Great."

"Do you... Remember anything from last night?" He asked after a moment of silence.

"Why? Did I do something I may regret?"

"No." He said a bit too quickly, "You just looked out of it..."

I sighed, "All i remember is waking up, me drinking, us fighting, me drinking, us going to the beach, me drinking again and then... Nothing."

"Hm, You think you might have a drinking problem?" He spoke blandly fishing a bottle out of his pocket throwing it to me, "You should be careful what you mix with that."

I looked down at my prescription pills, "How the fuck did you get these?"

Uh-oh, here it goes again...

"Kari fished it out of the pocket of her dying best friend." He explained sitting on the bed next to me, "Are you trying to even yourself out or kill yourself Audrey?"

"Unfortunately for you, I guess I'm still breathing." I started to get up.

He grabbed my elbow tightly causing me to yelp as he got into my face, "You put my sister through hell last night, And I may not give a shit about you but I do care about her."

I felt the venom in his words and saw the anger in his eyes as he continued, "If you ever put her through that again I'll---"

"You'll what big shot? Huh?!" I challenged, "You don't fucking scare me Dj."

His grip tightened, "Don't I?"

I smirked, "I've been raised by scums bags like you. If you think for one second your empty threats scare me, Your out of your mind." I ripped my arm away from his grip, "I'm leaving."

He followed me as i stomped to Kari's room to get my clothes, "That's all you have to say?! After all she has EVER done for you? After everything you've put her through? You don't give a shit about her do you?!"

I ignored his comment as i went into Kari's room gathering my clothes from the previous night.

"When the fuck will you start giving a shit for anyone besides yourself?!"

I slammed the door in his face as i got dressed into my clothes.

"No by all means! Just use her like how you've used everyone else in the world. And shut out everyone who ever calls you out on it! That's why we don't get along huh?! Because I call you out on all the bullshit you've ever done?!"

I pushed my hands down onto the sink forcefully as I held in my tears. Every shot he blew at me ripped my heart apart but I took it all. I looked at myself in the mirror as tears brimmed my eyes.

'Bitch' I thought, 'You better not fucking cry.'

I heard shuffling at the door and a very soft knock, "Audrey?"

It was Kari probably on her lunch break. I pulled on my pants from the previous day and folded Kari's clothes before pushing the door open.

"Audrey are you okay?" Kari followed.

"I'm fine." I said Alittle more sharply then I had hoped, "Peachy fucking keen."

"Talk to me Audrey, What's wrong?" She spoke softly grabbing hand.

"Whats wrong?!" I turned looking at the two relatives, "Whats wrong is your fucking brother sticking his head in shit that he has no business in! Whats wrong is your brother getting in my face! Whats wrong is him threatening me! WHATS WRONG IS HIM TOUCHING ME!!" I pointed to the bruises forming on my arm.

"You did what?!" Kari turned to dj after seeing my arm.

I didn't even look at Dj's reaction, "I'm fucking over it! I am so fucking done with this! I c--" I took a deep breath fighting back the tears.

She looked at me with a confused look.

"Your right Dj," I agreed for once, "I guess I don't give a shit about anyone except myself."

"Got that right." He scoffed.

"DJ. SHUT THE FUCK UP." Kari screeched at him.

"WHY?!" He yelled back.

"Because you have no idea about where I've come from. Or who I am." I answered over all of the yelling.

"Coming from the suicidal bitch." He stared.

"Your opinion doesn't matter to me Dj. I could give a shit about what you do or think about me." I scolded.

"Then why are you still here?" He waved.

I bit my lip and handed Kari her clothes,"I'm gone."

With that I pulled open the door and walked out of the house pulling out my phone and calling a cab. When it arrived I jumped in and we drove away without taking a look back.

------------

I read the dosage of my medicine and saw I should only take one a day. I took my dose and started to look through my mail.

My phone beeped and I looked to who it was.

'Are you okay? -Kari'

I shook my head, I knew what she really meant to ask, 'Are you still alive?'

I replied with, 'Peachy.'

She responded, 'Okay.. We're still sisters right? :3 -K'

'We'll always be that way, You can't get rid of me that easily. I'm just never doing anything nice for your brother again.'

'I don't blame you :)-K'

I decided not to reply as I opened a letter from my job, It surprised me because I hadn't been anticipating anything from them. I ripped open the letter and as i read it my face fell.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me." I sighed.

What I held in my hand was a pink slip and my last check.

"Worst. Day. Ever." I groaned.

I picked my phone up and replied to Kari, 'I just got fired.'

I ransacked my kitchen looking for some type of liquor before it dawning on me I had none. Whenever I get overwhelmed I need alcohol, But what human doesn't? I sighed and ran my hand through my hair frustrated with life and all apart of it.My phone beeped and I picked it up looking at the pixilated words on the screen.

'Well it just sounds like it's your kind of day.'

"You have no idea Kari," I said to myself sliding down the kitchen wall hugging my knees to my chest, "You have no idea...."
♠ ♠ ♠
I LOVE THIS STORY~ <3