You'll Never Outrun What Waits for You Tomorrow

Just Look At Yourself, Can You See Where You Are?

I woke up to alarm screeching.Sighing I got up and got ready for the day. After making me a quick breakfast of cereal and eating it, I walked onto the balcony for a smoke. Sitting there I realized, I don't have much of a life outside of work. Damn aren't I pathetic? Finishing my cigarette, I went to computer and looked through the photos I took the other day. Finding the ones I was satisfied with, I saved them and sent them to my work email and my boss.

I then sat on my couch thinking of what to do today. After awhile I decided that instead of doing nothing, I'd shop. I needed some new hoodies, and shirts. So i grabbed my purse and keys and left towards the mall.

I was walking around Hot-Topic looking for some new bracelets, when I bumped into someone.
Turning around I saw Audrey. "Hey! Sorry about bumping into you."
She turned to me and in a bland tone asked," It's alright. Beckett right?
Did she not like me? Nodding I answered," Yeah it's Beckett."
She gave a small smile and asked," So, you having a better day?"

Maybe she did like me, I mean she's attempting to have a conversation, but then again she could be being polite.

Giving a small smile I answered," Yeah, no assholes so far." I ended my sentence with a small laugh.
"Are you having a good day?" I asked.
Smiling she answered," Yeah I'm spending it with my best friend Kari."
Nodding I was about to say something when a dark haired smiling woman came up to Audrey and asked," Hey Audrey, who's this?"

Glancing at the woman, Audrey answered," This is Beckett."
Ok, maybe Audrey just was being polite. Smiling at me the woman said," Hey Beckett, I'm Kari."
Returning the smile I said," Nice to meet you Kari."
Audrey asked," Hey Kari if it's alright, why doesn't Beckett join us on our girls day?"

Is she just being polite, or does she really want me to join? "I couldn't impose like that, but thank you." I said with a small smile. "No no! You won't impose. You should join us!." Kari excitedly exclaimed. I gave a quick look at Audrey to see her smiling and nodding. Maybe Audrey's just awkward around new people like I am sometimes. Smiling I said," Well if you two are sure I won't be imposing I'd love to join you in a girls day."

We finished shopping at Hot Topic and headed towards Forever 21. "So what do you do?" Kari asked me.
"I'm a photographer at Revolver." I answered. She nodded and said," That's cool. I bet you're job is fun." I laughed and said," It can be. Sometimes though it's awful because some bands can be assholes. I actually met Audrey after work because the band I shot were wankers." Audrey gave a small smile and in a happy tone said," Yeah, when I saw her face I knew a man made her look like that, but it was three men."

"Ha-ha If there is anyone out there in the world that is the best person to talk to about hating men, It's defiantly Audrey. She's practically a lesbian." Kari told me. Kari and I laughed, laughing with us Audrey said,"Right, Too bad, I love that part men own too much." She ended her sentence with a wink.

Looking at us Kari asked," Food time, yes?" We all nodded and headed to the food court.
We got our food and sat at a table. It was silent for maybe a minute or two when Audrey broke it. "I don't like silence. What's your story Beckett?"

Swallowing my food I said," Well I'm Beckett Mason. I'm twenty-nine years old. I'm a photographer at Revolver. I'm an only child, my parents are divorced. I love music and can play the bass and flute. I'm from Tennessee and moved out here for college almost eleven years ago. I have no pets. I love Doctor Who, TorchWood and Harry Potter. I'm afraid of spiders and snakes." Looking at them I asked, "If you want to know anything more just ask."

Audrey looked at me and said," Well since you gave us the Reader's Digest version of your story, Kari and I will give the Reader's Digest of ours and will save questions for when we're done." I nodded and gave a small smile. I didn't mean to come out with the reader's digest it's just I'm a bit awkward when it comes to new people. Kari was staring at Audrey, Audrey nudged her," Kari.."

Kari smiled and wiped her hands with a napkin and spoke, "Whelp, I'm Kari, From Illinois I have 2 sisters and 4 brothers one of whom I'm living with. I'm 25, single, and yeah. I like music and dogs and I've lived here for a couple of years. And.. that's really all i can think of.."

Audrey said, "I've lived in California my whole life, Work at 'Toonz', I drink, I smoke, And I paint." It was short, there has to be more to Audrey than smoking, drinking, and painting. Then again I just did meet her.

Kari gave Audrey and Audrey looked in thought. Smiling I said to them," Well it was awesome meeting you two." "Yes we should do this again soon." Kari said with a smile. Audrey gave a small smile and said, "Yeah." "Agreed." I said smiling. I mean I made two new friends.

I continued to eat when Kari's phone started to ring. Answering it, " Hello?....What-...in a bit...bye." Looking at Kari Audrey sneered," Let me guess Asshole needs you back for something?" Sighed Kari answered," Yeah." Audrey shook her head, and then told me, " Sorry Hun. We have to go." I smiled and said," No I understand, I should be heading home too." Kari cut in saying," Let's exchange numbers so we can hang out again." I nodded. We all exchanged numbers and went our separate ways.

Driving home I couldn't help but wonder who "Asshole" was. I got home to the normal silence welcoming me. I'm twenty-seven. I've never been in a healthy relationship that's lasted longer than five months. I've always pursued school, and building up my career before friendship and relationships. Now that I'm finally doing my dream, working at Revolver, I have no one to share that with. Sighing I put my purse and keys on the table, got ready for bed, and then went to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
I want to thank HarleyNyxx for writing this story with me. Cause with out her this story wouldn't exist it would just be an idea. I've never experienced so much creativity as I have with her for this story. I also want to thank those who are reading this story. I hope you guys like it.