You'll Never Outrun What Waits for You Tomorrow

Your Star Has Burned Out Somewhere In Hollywood

I woke up at around noon. It was one of the few times I've actually slept-in since High School. I went outside and was smoking a cigarette when I got a text from Kari," Hey my brother and his friend is having a bon-fire by the beach in a bit. Audrey's coming, do you want to come too?" I texted her back," Sure, where are the directions or are we going to meet up somewhere?" As I finished my cigarette Kari texted me back saying,"Actually I was going to pick you up after I picked up Audrey." replying I sent Kari my address and started to get ready. I put on my Black and neon green bikini on under my blue jean shorts and a simple purple tank top. I put grabbed a simple tote and put a towel, sunscreen, my phone, cigarettes, wallet, and sunglasses.

I made me a quick sandwich and a cup of Pepsi. I ate and cleaned the dishes. Suddenly my phone rang. "Hello." I answered. "Hey we're down here." Kari told me. We said our byes and I went downstairs. I saw them. Kari was practically hanging out of the car waving at me. Audrey was just shaking her head in the passenger's seat. Laughing I walked to the car and got it.

"Hey guys." I said with a smile. "Hey so are you ready to have fun today?" Kari asked in a chirpy voice. I nodded and Audrey said," Yeah you'll have fun if you stay away from DickJ." "She means DJ, my brother. Ignore her, they can't play nice with each other." Kari told me. Audrey looked at her and asked," There will be liquor or some type of alcohol there right?"Kari sighed and nodded.

We talked and listened to music for about thirty minutes until we reached a house. "Here we are." Kari said with a smile while she turned off the car. We got out and I asked," Um uh where are we?" Smiling Kari told me." Oh we're at my and DJ's house. The beach's only like a walking distance from the backyard." I nodded and we went in.

Walking in I saw a black haired man with blue eyes talking to, well to be blunt the most handsome man I've ever seen. He was tall, I would guess a bit over six foot, blonde hair with grey-ish blue eyes, and a great smile. I mean if I could go on about how handsome he is, but I'd probably look weird standing there quietly for a long period of time ha ha.

Before anyone could introduce themselves the black haired man looked at Audrey and said,"Don't sit anywhere. I don't want your whore-ish germs on anything in my house. It's bad enough Kari keeps letting you in." That must be DickJ.

Audrey," Shut it DickJ, you're the whore here." By the look on her face, it seemed she wanted to say something more but didn't.

"Oh nothing better to say? What the new girl reject you?" DJ asked with a smirk.
Why the fuck is he bringing me into this? I didn't do anything to him.

"Don't bring her into this. Plus just cause I don't fall at your knees like every other slut doesn't make me lesbian." Audrey told him.

Out of the corner of my eye I say Kari shaking her head. Was this normal?

"I wouldn't want you to fall on your knees for me anyway, I don't want to get an STD." He scoffed at her.
"Like you could catch any, you're a walking STD as is." Audrey retorted.

DJ gave a cold sarcastic laugh before he said,"Ha you're just jealous because I can have a relationship and you can't because no one wants you."

"Yeah right, if that's true than where's Tiffany? Oh that's right she left your sorry ass.Even a blond bitch whose as fake as the silicone in her face couldn't stand you." Audrey said with a glare.

"Go stick you're fingers down your throat bitch." DJ retorted with an icy glare.

Holy shit. What is this about. It seemed that everyone got quiet and just stood there. What have I gotten into? I mean I like Kari and Audrey but what the fuck is this? First I have to meet new people and then bam! There's a fight? Is this a hazing. Oh god.

Suddenly glass went everywhere from Audrey throwing a shot glass towards Dick J. Audrey looked torn up by that comment. I saw what I think was a flash pain in her eyes. Swallowing she whispered," You're unbelievable." She grabbed a bottle of some kind of liquor and ran out of the house.

Breathe Beckett, In, out, in out. What the hell just happened. Why did Audrey storm out like that? Again What the Fuck did I sign up for? I'm going to have a panic attack. I can't think straight. Everything's just going too fast. I could faintly hear someone ask me if I was alright over the thumping of my heart. I know I nodded and I said something as I walked as quickly as I could to the door.

I walked out to see Audrey out there against the wall. "Sorry you had to see that, I don't call him Dick J for nothing." Audrey said with a faint laugh.
With my hands slightly shaking I said," No kidding."
Sighing Audrey said" Don't hate him because I do. He's a great brother to his sister." Taking a swig of her Jager she continued, " I just have a...distrust in all the male species."

Still trying to calm down I gave Audrey a look to tell her to go on. My dad and brother were not very great to me growing up, Neithier was any man i had... Affiliations with... My heart being broken by so many men in my life made me the person I am today" She told me. She patted my leg and told me with a serious look, "Please know that because of my... Past... I am very Hostile... and... Please don't take anything i may say personally. I'm just...--" She didn't get to continue because the blond guy walked out with a cigarette in hand.

Audrey frowned and went inside. The blond guy kindly asked,"I didn't interrupt anything did I?" I don't think I should tell him he did, because he would ask questions and I couldn't answer them because it's Audrey's story not mine. Shaking my head I answered him, " No you didn't." He nodded. It was silent for a moment, just him and I smoking until he broke it. "I'm James by the way." He said with a small smile. Returning the smile I said," I'm Beckett, nice to meet you even though the situation might not idyllically." He nodded and chuckled a bot before asking,"I know I asked you earlier, but are you sure you're alright? You look a bit shaken up."

He was the faint voice I heard? Giving a small smile I said," Yeah I'm fine, it's just sometimes I get panic attacks." He nodded and said,"Oh well that must suck." I laughed a bit and said," Yeah it does." James was about to say something else when Kari knocked on the sliding door. I guess that was a sign to come back in. Putting our cigarettes out we headed inside.

I walked straight to Audrey and stood beside her. "Well, Audrey, Beckett this is James Michael, He and Dj are doing a project together, James this is Audrey and I think you know Beckett." Kari introduced us. James smiled and waved. He extended his hand to Audrey. After receiving a look from Kari Audrey sighed, shook his hand and asked," Its nice to meet you james, I'm sorry about my behavior, You didn't get hit by glass did you?" Smiling politely Jame answered,"Oh no, no. It's all very fine."

"Now could all get going?" DJ asked us. Before we could agree Kari looked at Audrey and asked," Hey Audrey you want something more comfortable to wear?" Kari gave Audrey a look and Audrey followed her to a room.

So now I'm stuck in a room alone with James, and DIck J. Cue awkwardness. It was silent for a moment before DJ said to me,"I'm sorry about bringing you into Audrey and I's argument, and I'm sorry you had to see that. I usually make better first impressions." He smiled slightly and gave a small laugh.
I didn't expect it. I mean with out Audrey around he's actually kind of nice.

Giving a small smile I said,"Apology accepted and as far as first impressions, they're only true if they keep repeating you know?" He nodded and smiled. "Well I hope I can show you I'm not always a dick today then." He said with a small laugh. What did he do to get on Audrey's bad side? I mean he seems nice and sincere. "I don't know what it is, but Audrey and I have never gotten along.I don't know why I say have the shit I say to her." After he said that Audrey and Kari were walking towards the door. "It's Bonfire time!" Kari exclaimed excitedly.

I smiled at her and me, DJ, and James followed them.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you all liked it.