You'll Never Outrun What Waits for You Tomorrow

Pray For Me, Cause I Don't Want To.

"Hey how long you think it's gonna be?" Kari asked me as she stopped in front of the doctors office.

"About an hour or so, Thanks again Kari I'm sorry about this." I told her getting out of the car.

"Don't even trip about it Hun, Shit happens. I'll be back in about an hour, text me if your out sooner." She smiled before driving off.

This Saturday morning I had a doctor appointment, and much to my dismay had to call Kari after finding out I had no gas.

"Lets get this over with." I sighed walking into the building.
---

"You've seemed to have lost another 5 pounds since your visit last week, Are you sick Ms. Aries?"My doctor asked me Saturday morning.

"Not to my knowledge..." I said.

"Mhmm... Have you been eating regularly?" He looked at me.

I thought to myself for a moment before lying, "Yeah, I've been eating too much if you ask me." I laughed.

"Uh-huh, How many times a Day would you say you eat?" He asked staring me down, so hard in fact I thought he was looking right through me.

I shuffled for a moment as i thought about the normal eating rate for people, "Snacks and all?" He nodded, ".... I'd say about six times a day. Why? Am I under weight Doc?"

"Well no," He said looking at his file of me, "I just notice in your file that you have a history of Anorexia as a teenager. That's a very young age for a person and it can always come back."

I smiled, "Well then I appreciate the concern, But really I just came here to get an evaluation of my BPD."

"Right, right, Have you had any recent episodes?" He asked.

I thought for a moment and answered honestly, "Not anything real bad in my opinion... But my mood has been everywhere recently... It's like I'm not normal anymore."

"I'm sorry Audrey, But I think you know your not." He spoke softly, "This will be with you for your whole life unfortunately but it can be controlled, You just need to be open to our treatments."

I sighed, "What treatments?"

"I'm going to put you on a mood stabilizer called Divalproex, in time it may help your rapid mood swings. I also suggest you see one of our councilor's in this office once a week." He scribbled the medicine on a prescription, "I'm also gonna schedule you for a follow up in two weeks and we'll see how your medicine is working, If we need to up the dose or not."

I nodded and took the paper he handed to me. Sighing I made a follow up appointment and walked out dialing Kari's number.

"Hey Kare-bare, I'm done." I said as she answered.

"Alright I'm around the corner." She replied.

We hung up and I lit up a cigarette as i waited for her. A few minutes later she pulled up. I jumped in and asked if i could keep my cigarette lit. She nodded and gave me a sideways smile as she tested the waters of my mood.

"Yes Kari?"I asked knowing she wanted something.

"There's a bonfire tonight and I invited Beckett. Do you wanna go?"She asked.

"Yeah cool," I smiled.

She looked relieved that I didn't blow up, "Cool, lets go!"

"But before we do that can we pick up my new medicine?" I asked.

"Oh yeah no problem!" She smiled as we headed to CVS, "Whats it for?"

"Ah, Just a renewal of my allergies medicine, I was thinking about getting a cat so i thought it appropriate." I lied.

She mouthed an "O" shape with her mouth as she pulled up in front of the CVS doors.

"I'll be out in a few." I called.

About 15 minutes later I walked out with new medication jingling in my pocket. I knocked on Kari's window and she unlocked the door.

"Dj has a friend over too..." Kari gave me a look.

I sighed, "I promise I'll behave."

She looked relieved

"As long as Dj doesn't start shit."

"Oh. Great." Kari sighed.

After a few minutes of music i looked at Kari, "Where are we going?"

"To pick up Beckett" She said matter-of-factly.

"Oh yeah...."

After a long drive we arrived at what i assumed to be Becket's and Kari called her out. She then roller down her window and hung out of it waving back and fourth. I shook my head at what a little pixie she was.

"Hey guys!" Beckett greeted with a smile.

"Hey! So we ready to have FUN today?" I knew Kari emphasized fun to me.

"Yeah you'll have fun"I spoke turning my head to see Beckett ,"If you stay away from DickJ."

Kari sighed,"She means Dj, My brother. Ignore her, they can't play nice with each other."

I rolled my eyes, I never start the fights he does, "There will be alcohol, or some type of liquor there right?"

She sighed and nodded.

---------

I walked up through the front door first and we all entered her house. I knew it was Beckett's first time there and all, And yes maybe the polite thing to do would have been to show her around but I also knew that if i didn't have a drink soon I was going to rip dj's head off. Besides I think Kari can manage even if i could feel her glare burning into the back of my head as i walked off.

I went straight into the kitchen and reached up into the liquor cabinet grabbing the half empty bottle of Jager I bought for Dj.

"Don't sit anywhere. I don't want you whore-ish germs on anything in my house. Its bad enough Kari keeps letting you in." Dj sneered already starting a fight.

"Shut it Dick J, You're the whore here." I left the sentence where it was, I promised Kari I was gonna TRY and be nice.

"Oh, nothing better to say? What the new girl reject you?" Dj smirked.

What a fucking asshole, He doesn't even know Beckett and he's bringing her into our business?

"Don't bring her into this. Plus just because I don't fall to my knees in front of you like every other slut, doesn't make me a lesbian." I said.

"I wouldn't want you to fall on your knees for me anyway, I don't want to get an STD." He scoffed.

"Like you can catch any! Your a walking STD as it is!" I retorted getting really fed up with his attitude.

He gave a cold laugh before he said very smugly, "You're just jealous because I can have a relationship and you can't because no one wants you!"

I laughed and yes maybe this was a low blow considering i just felt sorry for the kid but i replied, "Yeah right, If that's true, then where's Tiffany? Oh that's right she left your sorry ass. Even a blond bitch whose as fake as the silicone in her face couldn't stand you."

I took down a shot as he looked heated and stood up, "Go stick a finger down your throat again you bitch!"

Oh.. That hurt.

"Alright that's enough!!"Kari yelled slapping dj.

So many mixed emotions swirled through me, my throat swelled and I could feel tears brimming my eyes. I turned to him hiding my expression and he almost seemed to see the pain in my eyes, But i knew I was just fooling myself.
I picked up my shot glass and threw it across the room at Dj as hard as i could.

I swallowed the lump in my throat before speaking,"Your unbelievable."

I grabbed the Jager tightly and stomped to the back door to have a cigarette to calm my nerves and to drink the lump in my throat away. Shaking I popped the cap to my pills off, Not looking at the dosage i filled my hand with a couple of them and drank them down with Jager. I was able to put the bottle away before the glass door opened to reveal a very freaked out Beckett.

I laughed,"Sorry you had to see that, I don't call him Dick J for nothing."

"No kidding" she said lighting up a cigarette with her own shaking hands.

"Don't hate him because I do. He's a great brother to his sister and..." I sighed taking another swig, "I just have.. A distrust in all of the male species."

She looked at me as if telling me to continue on.

"My dad and brother were not very great to me growing up, Neither was any man i had... Affiliations with... My heart being broken by so many men in my life made me the person I am today." I patted her leg and looked at her with serious eyes, "Please know that because of my... Past... I am very Hostile... and... Please don't take anything i may say personally. I'm just...--"

The door slid open, and dj's blond friend stepped out with a cigarette in his hand. I frowned and stood up walking into the house. I felt bad leaving Beckett alone with him but shes nice I'm sure she can manage. I passed the living room without looking to Kari or Dj.

"Hey!" Kari stopped me, "Where you going Audrey?"

"Home."

"How?" She asked.

I shrugged,"I'll walk."

"Don't be so ignorant."Dj said.

"Your one to talk." I scolded.

"Stop it!" Kari said, "I'm tired of you two! You both just showed an amazing display in front of two new friends. Congradu-fucking-lations, Bravo!! I hope your both happy."

I looked down.

"Now," She started, "Could you both just stick your hate up your asses for one day and not embarrass yourselves like that again? Today will be fun. And if you can't handle a civil conversation then Don't fucking speak AT ALL!"

Dj and I both looked at each other then to Kari, This was taboo, she was never like this before. She was always so happy.

"I'm sorry, Kari." I looked to her.

"You don't need to apologize to me," she said.

I looked to dj then to her,"I'm not gonna apologize when i know I'm right."

She looked to dj and raised her eyebrow,"Well?"

He sighed, "I'm sorry for saying what i said Audrey."

Oh yeah, that sounded real. I knew he didn't mean it and so did Kari.

"Like you mean it!" Kari yelled.

He sighed, "No. Because I don't."

"You two! Are Hopeless!" She yelled.

She turned on her heels and knocked on the sliding window, I guess she sent the blond haired guy out while she chewed dj and i out.

The guy walked in with Beckett and she immediately walked to my side.

"Well, Audrey, Beckett, this is James Michael, He and Dj are doing a project together, James this is Audrey and I think you know Beckett." Kari introduced us.

James waved kindly to us and extended his hand to me. Kari gave me a strong glare so sighing I shook his hand.

"Its nice to meet you James, I'm sorry about my behavior, You didn't get hit by glass did you?" I asked.

"Oh no, no. It's all very fine." He seemed polite so i decided he was okay.

"Now if we could all get going?" Dj stepped in.

"Hey Audrey, You want something more comfortable to wear?" Kari asked.

By the look on her face I knew she wanted to talk to me so I agreed. We walked up to her room and got me some shorts, A tank top, and flip flops.

"Dj, is sorry about what he said you know, I can tell." Kari said.

"Yeah, Right." I sneered changing.

"Well you know what, If you don't believe that, believe this. I'm sorry for what he said, He shouldn't have--" She spoke but i shushed her.

"You don't need to apologize for what you brother did." I said and she nodded.

We both walked down stairs and i heard a comment, whether good or bad, i didn't know but i knew it came from Dj so i didn't care as I lead the way to the beach.
♠ ♠ ♠
OH SNAP
what a cliff hanger! Dun dun dun beach time!!
Remember kids, Dont EVER mix alcohol with drugs,
You'll see why in the next chapter ;)