Status: Finished

I'll Be There

Trouble in the angel city

We cleared out just before Manson finished his set to beat the crowds. We had no idea where Nikki went, but we didn’t care. There was sure to be a party somewhere and we were gonna crash it. Sure enough, just up the street we found a club with music so loud you couldn’t think and a line a mile long. We walked right up front and the guard let us in, infuriating the people in the line, but that was usual. Insane dance music was playing. There was a live DJ and the people were just as crazy. I nudged Dj and tried to yell over the noise, “Think you can do that?” He gave me a questioning look and I pointed at the dancing people. He laughed and shook his head no. I frowned but followed without complaint as the 2 boys headed straight for the bar. The bartender asked for ID and they flashed them, but then he glared at me. “And her?” he asked, crossing his arms and glaring at the boys. James suddenly got a quirky look on his face and acted very laid-back. “C’mon dude, let her in. She’s with us we’ll watch her.” The burly guy behind the bar looked like he might punch the blonde if he were closer. “No way. No ID no service.” James looked like he was about to stagger into more trouble when I suddenly raised my voice, my blood boiling at this giant idiot who was trying to ruin my night. “Hey, ugly! Do you know who I am?!” He looked down at me with a smirk, his muscles flexing. “I don’t care if you own the place, underage equals under privileged.” I clenched my fists. “Wrong answer. It’s Raven Sixx, and you’re fucking with the wrong girl.” I thought I saw a spark of interest in his expression for a split second before he started laughing. I noticed Dj inch closer in front of me. “Okay, so you have a scary name. What’s that supposed to do to me? Gonna call your daddy? I don’t think so. He can’t do shit to me just like you.”
At that moment I was wishing that lasers would shoot from my eyes when I noticed another guy walk up. James turned away quickly. “James Michael? Is that you?” Dj and I looked over at the blonde expectantly. He squeezed his eyes shut before faced the guy. “Heyyy! Rocky what’s up my man?” “What’s up? I kicked you out of here three weeks ago you jackass!” The angry guy noticed me and Dj. “Are they with you Michael, huh?!” James glanced back at us ever so slightly shaking his head no. “Yeah, what’s it to you?!” I yelled. I could tell Dj was holding back from a facepalm and possibly slapping me. “What’s it to me?” The man turned his glare on me and came out from behind the bar. “Your blonde little friend here wants to ruin my business that’s what! Now he’s trying to get our license taken away by serving you and your little goth boyfriend? I don’t think so. Get out of my club. NOW.”
Now I was literally shaking. Before it was just a stupid confrontation, I could handle that. Now it was personal. “WHAT did you just call him?!” I screamed. “Raven don’t…” Dj whispered, gently trying to pull me away. The club owner stared at me, daring me to move. “You heard me. Take you and your goth boyfriend and your blonde babysitter and get out. Don’t make me call security.” Next thing I knew me and the owner were on the floor as I tried to scratch his eyes out and do any other possible damage I could. Dj and James instantly went to grab me, but the bartender leaped over the bar and grabbed Dj, who instantly punched the burly man in the face. They started going at it as James pushed through and managed to grab me. I was still flailing, trying to kill the guy, as James dragged me away. I could hear the guy screaming for somebody to call the police and that we’d pay every penny we now owed him. I smirked as I saw his nose and a few bad scratches bleeding. Bastard deserved it for messing with my Dj.
I gasped and turned around. “Dj!” I screamed. Him and the bartender were still going at it. Luckily even though he was outmuscled he was also more agile and just dodged all of the guy’s punches. He heard me scream though and turned around, just long enough for the guy to punch him square between his eyes, revenge for the first throw of the match. “No!” I yelled, furious, and broke free from James to go after the guy. James caught me just in time and managed to hold me back long enough for Dj to get on his feet. I could tell he would have a minor black eye but he wouldn’t die. James shook me. “Listen to me damnit! This way.” He turned around and fled through the dancers, Dj right behind him. I grabbed a bottle of Jack off the bar and flew after them. Looked like I’d get my drink after all, losers.
Soon we collapsed out a back door and tripped over each other as we ran away down a dark street. Once we had gone a few blocks we sat on a dark corner completely out of breath. Dj instantly confronted James. “Dude, what was that? You let us go in a place that you got kicked out of?! What if Raven got hurt! Nikki would kill us, not only that, but I would kill you too!” “I’m sorry I didn’t know it was the place!” James whined. He usually didn’t lie though, so Dj calmed down and sighed. After a few seconds of silence I burst out laughing. They stared at me like I’d lost my mind. “I just had my first bar fight!” I yelled victoriously, holding up my bottle of JD. Dj looked like he might say something about the stolen bottle, then smiled instead. Both guys started laughing. We passed the bottle around then checked out our surroundings. “Uh, anybody know where we are?” I asked. Both guys looked as lost as I was. “Surprisingly, I’ve never been to this part of town before.” Dj said. “Ditto” James added. I sighed. “Maybe Nikki knows where we’re at.” I dug out my Android and called him up, explaining ‘most’ of our situation. Our cover was blown though when he noticed the bottle and Dj’s eye, plus my few small bruises. We ended up explaining everything on the way back to his house. Of course, we all got the dramatic speech upon our arrival and then we were forced to go to bed.
I had just turned the light off when there was a knock on my door. “Yeah?” It cracked open and I saw Nikki’s face illuminated in the hall light. He had a smirk on his face. “Just like me..” he mused, failing to hide a slight smile, “Good job Sixx. Goodnight.” I smiled and pulled the blanket up. “Night.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Kind of a short chapter, but I just had to post *something* since I've been updating the other one AND caught up in school work..this one's just for someone kicking my butt into gear :P thanks for the love and support guys, don't worry the story will be finished as soon as I find time to update.