Status: Finished

I'll Be There

Jet lag

With an official month left before the Guns kickoff tour, things suddenly started getting busy. Dj was always calling or Skyping somebody if he wasn’t doing rehearsals or equipment check. Nikki was busy as well, he couldn’t come to Vegas all the time just to see me. He was now also prepping for tours, and he had to keep up with Sixx Sense, on top of other normal things like girlfriend time and such. I often found myself home alone or with Kari. Sadly I ended up in my room most of the time because Lil Creep seemed to hate my existence and the little thing terrified me. Munster was sweet though, he would sleep with me on the nights Dj got home late. Sometimes Kari would force me to wake up and go out shopping with her. I admit, girl time was much needed and not often found. However, when it became normal is when I got tired of it. I was a tomboy at heart, and in trouble with the guys is where I belonged.
Finally, after a month of loneliness and boredom and too much girl time, it was time to leave. I didn’t sleep at all, and the jet lag made it that much worse. On top of that, Russia was full of strange symbols that I didn’t understand, and not being able to read made me just that much more agitated. We got to the hotel a day early and found out that Dj and I would share a room. Once we were given our key and found the correct place I crashed on the bed, exhausted. Dj yawned as well and glanced over at me, setting his bag down. “You ever been on a plane before?” He asked. I nodded tiredly. “Once, but just across the US, the jet lag wasn’t nearly as bad.” He laughed. “Get used to it, we’ll be here for a couple months.” I groaned and rolled over, looking out the window. The sun shone brilliantly on buildings and strange street signs. I wanted to explore, I just didn’t know where to begin. Besides that, sleep was finally starting to kick in. I heard Dj shuffling through his bag.
“I know we just got here, but the guys want to meet for lunch somewhere. You coming?” I moaned and managed to shake my head no. The curiosity was killing me, but I just couldn’t make myself move. He came over and kissed my head, making me look up as he walked away. He had his shirt off, which was something I hadn’t seen in a while. His whole body glowed with intricately drawn tattoos that flashed in the light as he moved. Soon he had another shirt on and I sighed, remembering the first time I saw him. Compared to that moment it all seemed so surreal.
Dj looked around for the room key and noticed her pull something from her pocket. “What’s that?” He asked curiously, sticking the key in his wallet. “Hmm nothing.” She mused, giving him a sleepy stare. “Let me see?” He held his hand out with a sympathetic look. She shrugged and handed him the object, one which felt all too familiar, because it was his pick. “Wow, I can’t believe you still have this.” He mused, twirling the pick between his fingers. “Of course I do.” She said. “So you’re always with me.” He nodded and handed it back to her, glancing at the clock. “I have to go…if you need anything just text me okay?” “Mhm.” She mumbled, rolling over. “Love you Ray.” He said quietly, kissing her head once more before walking out.
“Love you too Dj…” I sighed as I fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
short chapter to get things going..