Status: Finished

I'll Be There

Better day ahead

I woke up the next morning feeling surprisingly refreshed. My jet lag had worn off, and the pounding migraine I felt as I passed into blackness was soothingly gone. I opened my eyes and felt Dj holding me. He was still asleep. I suddenly felt bad, I hope I didn’t worry him too bad, I must have looked like crap, falling over and soaking wet. I sat up suddenly, looking down at myself. My poor tired rockstar had changed my wet clothes for me. I smiled. It was still sort of surreal being here with him, and surreal how someone such as him could be so…nice.
Dj squinted through his nearly closed eyelids. Raven was sitting up in front of him. “Hey!” He yelled, sitting up and hugging her tightly. She started and looked down at him, unable to move in his embrace.
Dj finally let go of me and looked me over real good. “What happened to you?” I frowned and explained my story. He nodded and commented on it. “Damn kids these days, they’re crazy!” he shook his head and reached over to the nightstand. “My phone!” I squeaked. “ The battery is fried, but the rest of it seems to be okay. We can have one of our people get a new battery for you.” I acknowledged sadly then gave him a funny look. “Our people?” I mocked. He sighed dramatically. “It’s tour okay…” He pushed me playfully and jumped out of bed before I could grab him. He glanced at the clock as he threw some clothes on and checked his phone. “What are we doing today?” I asked. He glanced up at me from typing. “Enjoy your last night of sleep, it’s tour day.” He said ominously, and I raised an eyebrow as he headed to the bathroom and disappeared.
He left his iPhone on the counter so I grabbed it and flipped through his contacts. I wanted to call and say hi to Nikki. The phone rang for a little before he finally picked up. “What Daren?” He groaned, he sounded tired. “Hi Nikki.” I piped. “Ray?” He said, yawning and waking up. “What are you doing, it’s like midnight here.” “Oh, sorry.” I mumbled, “I just wanted to say good morning.” He laughed quietly. “Oh, alright then. Why are you using Dj’s phone?” I copied Dj’s dramatic sigh and explained in a couple sentences what happened last night. “What the fuck?” He said when I finished. “Nice way to start a vacation I guess. Try not to wander around anymore okay? Don’t want you getting lost, or stolen.” “Stolen Nikki?” I said sarcastically. It was quiet for a second. “Just be safe okay?” I smiled. “Alright I will. Well it sounds like Dj’s getting out of the shower, so I gotta get off his phone now.” He yawned once more and I thought I heard blankets and a TV on the other end. “Okay, have fun Ray, see you soon.” “Love you” I said quickly. “Love you too.” He grumbled, and I hung up and replaced the phone. Dj came out shortly after, his hair a wet mess and smelling like lavender. He walked past me and ruffled my hair. “Go get a shower, you smell like city sewage. I’ll order some food while you’re gone.” I stuck my tongue out at him defiantly. “It was for the good of the iPod!” I yelled, slamming the bathroom door. I heard him laugh on the other side.
I hurriedly scrubbed myself with hotel soaps so I could get out and eat. Now I too smelled like stupid lavender, but as Dj pointed out, it was better than sewage. “City water.” I grumbled to myself. City water couldn’t smell that bad. I knotted my hair up real good with the towel to dry it faster, then brushed all the knots out while swearing under my breath. I smelled food a moment later. “Hey Dj, could you grab my suitcase?!” I called to him. “Yeah.” He replied, knocking on the door a moment later. I cracked it open and pulled my case in, giving him a quirky smile. He returned a strange look to me and headed out to the food. “Don’t eat it all!” I whined. “Hurry up!” he called back. I glared at the door like I could hurt him through it and dug out my clothes quickly.
Dj was busily replying to emails and texts and chewing on a hash brown when she came out. “Ew, do I smell like that?” He asked, wrinkling his nose. She flipped him the finger and he smiled as she brushed past him. “Love you too.” He smirked sarcastically. “Heh.” She beamed at him, grabbing a taco. Dj didn’t really know what to order when he talked to the hotel’s service woman with the strange accent. So, he got a little of everything. He finished his last text and set his phone down. “So, why’d you call Nikki, I’m not good enough?” She threw him the innocent face. “I just wanted to tell him good morning.” Dj laughed. “You probably woke his ass up.” “Yeah I kinda forgot about time zones.” She said, glancing away guiltily. “Well, get ready.” Dj said, standing up, “Big day ahead of us.” She nodded happily. “First day on the job, I can’t wait!”
♠ ♠ ♠
again,working slowly but surely..nearing the end of our long journey...