The Tokio Bizarre Mafia

14

FALLEN

I was sitting on my bench swing out on my balcony staring out at the ocean. As the sun began to rise it illuminated the street below, the buildings across the street, the sand, and the surf. While people were waking up to greet the day and go to work, I had yet to go to sleep.

That's not saying I didn't try to sleep last night. I tossed and turned for hours until I realized I couldn't drift off. At around 1am I walked out onto my balcony and it's here I've been since.

Something was eating away at me but I couldn't put my finger on exactly what it was. For the past several hours I had been out here thinking and staring out at the dark ocean which was now growing light.

I was interrupted from my thoughts not from people starting their day on the street below, but by a few clunks and clanging sounds coming from the fire escape.

I glanced over the edge of my balcony to see two of the guys from the pizzaria who have been stalking me climbing up my fire escape.

Even though it's been about a week since I declined them at the pizzeria they've managed to leave me alone since them. But apparently they didn't get the message because they're back. But my answer is still the same.

I reached for a revolver I keep hidden in the fake bottom of a potted plant. It was just like how other people would hide a spare key outside for emergencies. My spare key just happened to me a spare gun. I stood up and cocked the weapon at one of the guys who was about to swing his leg over the balcony railing.

"If I were you I'd think about my next move very carefully." I said as I aimed right between his eyes, "I never miss." I warned.

"C'mon, we just want to talk." the guy at my balcony said.

I slightly squinted at him, "Which one are you again?"

He smirked at me, "I'm Andy."

I glanced over the railing at the guy on the fire escape while I kept my revolver on Andy and asked, "Who is he?"

"That's CC... You don't remember?" Andy questioned.

"No. I chose not to listen because I wasn't interested in joining your society." I replied.

Down on the fire escape CC called out, "You're saying you don't remember me baby? That hurts." he pretended to pout.

I rolled my eyes at him, "Just because I refused to learn your names doesn't mean I don't remember what you did."

I turned back to Andy, "You boys obviously don't know a bunch of things. Mainly how to use doors and how to leave a girl alone when she's not interested."

"Please, just hear us out." Andy almost begged.

I sighed, "You have four minutes."

"Your talents are beyond what we've ever seen before. To not have you join us would be a crime in itself. Please just reconsider... If you join us, we'll take care of you, we'll protect you, and we'll make sure you're always safe." Andy said.

I raised an eyebrow, "Are you done yet?"

Andy looked taken aback for a second before he said, "Yeah, I guess so... So what do you say?"

I smiled at him, "Your offer is cute, but I'm still not interested."

"What do you mean you're still not interested?! We're handing you this offer on a sliver platter!" Andy almost yelled.

"The life I used to have was served on a gold platter and when it's time I'll go back to it." I replied.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Andy asked.

"It means your time is up. Now get the hell out of here before I shoot you." I threatened.

"Alright, alright. We're leaving." Andy said as he backed off the balcony and he and CC went back down the fire escape and left.

I made sure Andy and CC were gone before I went back into my apartment. I considered going back to bed but I wasn't really all that tired.

Instead, I went to my closet and began to rummage through my clothes. I picked out an outfit and took a quick shower. When I was done I changed into a black corset, blue jeans, knee-length black leather boots, and a black leather jacket Bill once loaned me that I never gave back.

Sometime between picking out clothes and changing into the, I decided I was going to go to a local dive bar to make some money for the day.

I quickly brushed my teeth and ran a comb though my hair before I grabbed some cash and left my apartment. When I got down on the street I walked eight blocks to the dive bar.

The bar looked like a wreck from the outside and had a slight fishing theme with a few nets, life savers, and even a small lifeboat mounted on the walls outside.

When I entered the bar I paused at the door and smiled at the security guy. He was buff looking with a shaved head and a bunch of tattoos on his neck.

"Hey Carl. How's business today?" I asked sweetly.

"Slow." Carl replied.

I smiled a little devilishly and said, "My favorite.

Carl raised an eyebrow at me, "Be careful of those guys playing pool. They're very rowdy."

"Just my type." I said lowly as I slipped him $20 and walked up to the bar.

I sat down on a bar stool closest to the pool tables, but also with my back to them.

The bartender walked up to me and smiled. He'd actually be pretty cute if he were my type. He looked a lot like Chad Michael Murray and bedded drunk girls every night because they thought he actually was the famous actor.

"Hi Max." I said quietly as I smiled.

"Hey darl. What'll it be?" Max asked me as he smiled.

"Jack on the rocks." I replied.

"Coming right up." Mas said as he set to making my drink.

"What can you tell me about the guys playing pool?" I silently asked.

"They've been here most of the night. They had a meeting with a couple of guys at about 2am and they've been playing pool and getting drunk ever since." Max said as he set my drink down in front of me.

"You didn't kick them out at last call?" I asked.

"We don't have a last call here darl." Max said as he smiled.

"Alright, thanks." I said to Max as I slipped him a $20 as well.

The reason why I slipped both Carl and Max cash was because when I turn my tricks I will need them to look the other way.

I downed my glass and tapped the table twice for another round. I wasn't really drinking Jack Daniels though. It was only iced tea. But I needed to make it appear to all the other patrons of the bar that I was getting drunk off my ass.

After about thirty minutes of pretending to get drunk and secretly learning the foursome's game I decided it was time for me to start my game.

I jumped off my bar stool and pretended to stumble a little. If I was going to act drunk I needed to look drunk.

I walked up to the guys at the pool table and wobbled a bit when I stopped in front of them. "Wow, this looks like so much fun! Can I play?" I asked.

The four guys looked me up and down before they all nodded and agreed I could play.

The buff looking guy ended their current game by racking up the balls.

The guy with an awesome mohawk and a guy with the brightest green eyes I had ever seen sat down at a table and ordered themselves some more drinks. It looked like it was just me, buff guy, and hott fedora-wearing guy for this game.

Fine with me.

"We should put money on this! Like...$100!" I suggested.

The two guys had silent words and then agreed to put money on the game because they thought playing a drunk girl would be easy money. They both took out a $50 dollar bill and set it down on the table.

I drunkenly slapped down a $100 dollar bill on top of their money.

"Would you like to break?" the buff guy asked.

"No, I don't want to break anything!" I replied.

He chuckled at me and set up his pool stick to break the triangle. He separated the balls nicely, but didn't sink any of them into the pockets.

On my first turn, I barely hit the cue ball, knocking it into the purple one. On my second turn, I scratched.

All of which was apart of my plan to make these guys think I sucked and make them over confident.