Status: FINISHED! 8/20/12

Darling, I Just Can't Go On

45

Sitting down nervously, I looked about the room I had only been in a few times in the many years I had gone to the school. The guidance office was a place I tried to avoid, knowing that they'd try to get me to open up so that they could, well so they could guide me I guess.

"So Andi, I'm sure you know why you're here," The lady said sending me a pleasant smile, her lips shaded a light pink color from her lip stick. "We're talking to all of the Seniors about their plans for college and helping them do whatever is needed for the applications."

I nodded my head, already knowing all of that. I had been expecting to get called down at any given time and it just so happened to be during my fourth period that day, right before I was supposed to meet Alex in the library.

"So, do you know what you want to do after high school?" She asked me. "Do you know what you want to go to college for might have been a better question now that I think about it."

"I want to go for photography," I said without a second thought.

"Oh that's great! There are some fantastic schools that you can go to to get into the field of work."

"What's the best one?" I asked quietly.

"Well there's this amazing school in New York," She stated before going into details about it and the programs I could use for my photography major if I went there.

"In my opinion, I think if you want to get a good paying job right after college, that the one in New York would be the best fit for you. I know it's far, but think about if we can get you scholarships! You could get a full ride."

I nodded my head, indeed thinking the same thing about getting a full ride, that is if my work was good enough to get any scholarship at all.

"I can pull together some of my work and bring it in," I mumbled as the bell rang, signaling that fourth period had ended and that I needed to meet with Alex.

"That would be great." She beamed. "Can you have it by tomorrow or do you need more time?"

"Tomorrow is fine," I assured as I stood up, slinging my bag over my shoulder before exiting, heading right for the library.

At the table in the far corner, Alex was already seated but with his head lulled back against the top of the wood chair, a small pencil balanced on the tip of his nose as he concentrated for keeping it that way.

Giggling softly to myself I signed in, getting an almost knowing look from the librarian at the sound I had made.

With a blush forming on my cheeks at the attention I quickly moved over to the table, grabbing the pencil off of Alex's nose, him making a sound of protest in response to my actions.

"I was doing so well!" He whined as he snatched it back from me, leaning back and placing it on his nose once more.

I just rolled my eyes at him, propping my feet up on his lap which in turn made the pencil fall for the sudden movement.

"You suck," He grumbled and he gave into defeat.

"I thought that was Jack's job?" I joked making him snort loudly, earning a glare from the woman behind the main desk. "So, have you gone down to the guidance office yet?"

He gave his head a small shake to signal a no, "I don't think I'm going to college."

"Why not?" I questioned.

"Well that record label we heard from back when school started, they really want to sign us and even record soon." He said excitedly as he talked about his music. "All Time Low actually has a chance of making it. I just think that college would get in the way of my real dreams which are slowly coming true."

"I think that's amazing," I said beaming at him. "If you guys have this chance to record and tour, you need to go for it."

"I'm really glad you're going along with this," He sighed as he sat back against the seat, me shifting to keep my feet propped up on him. "The guys and I still need to run it by our parents."

"I'm sure they'll say the same thing that I just said," I assured him. "But when you get big and famous, you better not forget me."

He rolled his eyes at my lame joke, "Like I could ever forget you."

"So what's this about you guys going in to record?" I asked to change the subject away from me and back to him.

"Well the guy from the label that we talked to mentioned something about working an EP with maybe some of our old songs plus one or two newer ones." He explained, "Which is why I've been writing a lot more lately. I just want so bad for this to work out and so the more I write, the better I feel about it."

"Do you know which songs you guys are going to add from your older stuff?"

"Not a clue," He sighed. "We still need to work everything out and actually sign with them before we really get into all of the details."

"I bet anything you put on it will be amazing."

"Back to what you asked earlier, did you go see the guidance lady?" He asked cocking his head to the side lightly.

"Yeah actually. We talked seriously about me possibly getting scholarships and everything." I said, a small smile working onto my face at the thought of getting into a prime art school. "I want to go for my photography."

"I'm really glad," He said grinning. "You know how much I love the pictures you take. I mean you make all of this," He stopped, motioning up and down at his body and face, "Look so good."

I rolled my eyes and gave a chuckle at his cocky persona.

"It takes such hard work to get only to better parts to show," I joked lightly making him pull a mock offended face.

"Are you calling me ugly?" He gasped, bringing a hand up to cover his mouth dramatically.

"You are such a loser sometimes," I laughed loudly, ignoring the glare that was directed over at me that time instead of at Alex.

"Aww but you love it," He grinned.

"Yeah yeah, whatever." I said sending my own grin in his direction.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I wasn't originally going to update today, but I'm in such an amazing mood that I felt like I needed to. I mean, since I did order my All Time Low tickets today, I thought that writing about them was such a fantastic idea :D

But also this is an important chapter because it's starting to get more serious again and a little less light-hearted, if that's even the word to describe it.

I want to thank the ones who commented on the last chapter, and also I want to thank all of you for your kind words towards the topic of my acceptance into SCPA. I meant a lot to me that you all took the time to say that.

Anyway, I would love it if you'd go and comment! I have a personal goal to get at least 500 comments before this is over, so it would be great if you guys could make that happen!