6 Years.

Year Six 2012

“I do” she said looking into her grooms eyes.

“I now pronounce you man and wife. . .” Both the bride and groom looked to the minister waiting rather impatiently, “You may kiss the bride” they smiled and he pulled her into a steamy kiss, making the members of the team in attendance send out cat calls.

“They’re so cute together” she said to Sidney who held her hand in a row near the front.

“Meh, you were way prettier on our wedding day.”

“I don’t know if I should feel bad for her or take the compliment proudly” she said kissing the corner of his mouth. “I love you Mr. Crosby.”

“I love you Mrs. Crosby” he smiled wrapping an arm around her waist, his hand resting casually on her stomach. “I love you both” he added in a whisper.

“Shush, I don’t want to spoil their day” she replied in an equally hushed tone. “They’ve been together ages let her have her moment without stealing all the attention.”

“Fine but once we’re alone. . .” he wiggled his eyebrows.

“You’re just luck I’m not all pukey anymore.”

“Kelly Sidney! I’m so happy you’re here” the bride said walking hand in hand with her new husband.

“Vero you look beautiful” she said taking a sip of her water with lemon.

“Why don’t you have a drink?” Vero asked.

“I’m driving this big lug home.”

“So you can have a drink of two and still drive, I know you can, you’ve done it before” she said giving her a look. “Come with me, you can’t refuse if the bride asks.”

“Yes, she can actually” Sidney said making them stop in their tracks. She eyed them both suspiciously waiting for Kelly to explain.

“We didn’t want to say anything to take away from your day” she explained holding Vero’s hands in her own. “I can’t drink for a while.”

“Really!”

“Yea” she answered immediately being pulled into a hug.

“How far along?”

“Almost 3 months.”

“Does anyone else know?”

“Just our parents” Sid said wrapping an arm around his wife’s waist. “We’re planning on tell everyone soon, just not at your wedding.”

“Can I tell them?” Vero asked a little too excitedly.

“Umm . . .”

“Please! It would be the best wedding present ever.”

“I guess we’ll take back the gift then?”

“So I can tell them?” They both shrugged not really caring at this point. “You’re the greatest!” she squealed pulling the group towards where the DJ was. “I’m going to need this for a second” she took the mic. “Sorry everyone but I just heard the best news to hit the penguins since the Stanley cup. As a wedding present they’ve allowed me to announce that there will be a baby in the starting line up this winter. Sidney and Kelly are expecting! So don’t try and make her drink, I’m looking at you Talbot. Stinkin’ Flyer.”