Status: Busy friday, lol by the time i got online(now) its 2am an im tired, i'll update on saturday morning!

Emily's Way

Animal Crackers & Cookies

Emily POV

When i awoke the next morning it was time for my second day of 1st grade. I had bruises from the previous night all up and down my arms as well as on my stomach. Even though it was a nice temperated day i had to wear a hot turtle neck in order to hide all the marks mommy had made.
When i got to school a few kids gave me weird looks, while i heard others whisper and giggle to their friends. Even the teacher kind of gave me a weird look but soon forgot.

When recess came i went out like i had the day before and sat on the swings all by myself waiting to hear the bell for me to go back in. While i was on the swings a girl; my age came up to me, she just smiled at me. She was the same height and weight as me; we were both pretty skinny. She had big hazel brown eyes, tanned skin, and dark brown hair. We just sat there for a little while looking at one another then she finally said "Hi my names Matty, whats yours?" I was a little nervous to answer but managed to get out "ma...-my names Emily.." She replied "nice to meet you" an i replied the same back. She then gave me a weird confusing look an pointed to my shirt an said "why are you wearing a turtle neck on such a hot day!" I wasn't sure how to answer so i just said "umm... because its really soft... an..and no I'm not cold.." She just said "oh...okay ha an good thing your not cold, or else you'd be really sick" then she laughed an i did as well. At snack time Matty shared some of her animal crackers and cookies with me because i forgot to pack my own, at that moment i knew we would be best friends for a long time.