Status: Sorry to leave you hanging guys! The keyboard on my laptop is malfunctioning.

Stop Pretending That You're Sorry

13

“Regan, wake the fuck up!”

Good morning to you too, asshole.

He followed his command with heavy banging on my door. Surprisingly it didn’t break off it’s rusted hinges.

“What do you want, Anthony?”

“Quit it with the attitude. I need you to make breakfast. I’m fucking hungry.”

Did we even have any breakfast food? Doubtful. All the same I rolled out of bed, pulled on a shirt and headed downstairs.

“It’s about damn time,” Anthony said as when I reached the bottom of the stairs and headed into the kitchen.

I ignored his smart ass and check the fridge. We had eggs. Fried eggs were always good. So I set out to make fried eggs and toast. Only I once again had to fry the bread because of the lack of a toaster.

“Here’s your breakfast,” I sighed, setting a plate in front of Anthony, and one in front of mom.

I didn’t make myself any. I guess you could classify it as self harm, but instead of cutting myself or anything like that I would skip meals. Sometimes the hunger was a nice pain. A motivator to keep going.

“Can I go shopping today?”

“Sure thing, babe,” Anthony said, a little bit of yellow egg yolk dribbling down his chin.

Gross. And I’m not talking about the egg.

“Alright, well I’m going to go do that then.”

“You better clean up first.”

Right, damn. I almost forgot.

This time it was much easier to clean up since it was less of a mess and I wasn’t shaking like a Chihuahua in the snow.

I went upstairs to put some actual clothes on and smother my face with make up.

“I’ll be back sometime,” I said, grabbing my purse and heading out the door.

I fished out my iPod and popped the buds in my ears, heading the direction I had gone before to find town.

It took about half an hour to get to town, but it was worth it. Shopping was something I always loved. It never failed to put me in a good mood.

I found a Forever21 and about ten minutes in to shopping I bumped into none other than Julia and Katie.

“Wow, bro!” Julia said, a little too loudly. “It’s like totally fate that we ran into each other, ya know?”

Katie nodded to back her up.

“Yeah, I guess. So how was that party last night?”

“Killer man, you totally should’ve been there. Majorly kick ass party, it was sweet.”

Katie nodded again.

“So what are you guys out shopping for?”

“Well I want some new shirts but it’s so hard to find ones that fit over my massive knockers, ya know? And Katie wants some pants, even though she can rarely find ones that are long enough.”

“I like to roll them up at the ankles. It hides the fact that they’re too short,” Katie said, her voice was much softer than I expected.

“Hey, we should throw a party at my place tonight!” Julia suggested.

“Are your parents going to be cool with that?” I asked.

“Sure thing, bro. They’re out of town so it doesn’t matter.”

I guess we were partying at Julia’s. That could either be really fun or really horrible, it was hard to tell.