Status: Sorry to leave you hanging guys! The keyboard on my laptop is malfunctioning.

Stop Pretending That You're Sorry

28

Silence. Painfully awkward silence.

“Regan,” He sighed, finally releasing noise into the tense atmosphere. “I’m your history teacher. I’m twenty five, you’re seventeen. Nothing about this is okay.”

“But you’re not denying it, that you feel something.”

“You’re a sweet girl, and if you were older by all means this could work out, but no, Regan. This isn’t okay.”

“So you do have feelings for me?”

“Right now, I’m really confused and rather freaked out. I could lose my job over that little kiss. Hell, I could loose my job just for you being here!” His voice was starting to rise.

“You feel it though. We have some kind of connection here. You make me feel things I thought I would never feel again. You make me genuinely happy. Just being able to be see you everyday makes living in that house worth it. John, you’re worth getting beaten by Anthony.”

“Regan, please. We can’t do this.” Anguish was apparent in his expression.

“Why not? It’s not like we’re going to broadcast it to the world, we’ll keep it a secret.”

“Oh yes, because that worked so well for Romeo and Juliet,” Mr. H snorted.

“This isn’t a Shakespearian tragedy, this is real life. We’re two real people who care about each other.”

“Regan, please don’t do this. You know this can’t work out.”

I ignored him.

“You’re worth it, John. You’re worth the abuse. Am I worth it too? Am I worth losing your job?”

He squeezed those beautiful blue orbs tight shut, creating wrinkles on his forehead and the corners of his eyes.

“I just don’t know, Regan.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this chapter is so short. Some rather serious personal things have come up. Updates may slow down for a while until this gets sorted out.