Status: Sorry to leave you hanging guys! The keyboard on my laptop is malfunctioning.

Stop Pretending That You're Sorry

53

I wouldn’t let John drive me home that night, I walked in the pouring rain.

I’d made up my mind to wait a few more weeks before letting Tucci know about my situation.

When I approached him to tell him, it felt like my stomach fell out through my ass.

“Um, hey,” I said, clenching and unclenching my sweaty fist.

“Aye, babe.” He kissed my forehead. “You okay?”

“Actually there’s something I wanted to talk to you about…”

“Ight, what is it?”

Standing in the middle of the crowded school hall way at the end of the day was not the place nor the time.

“Uh, let’s go out to the car first.”

My heart was pounding the entire walk over to the crown vic. Thank god he parked so far away, I was not looking forward to this conversation.

When we got to the car and climbed in my heart sped up, if that was even possible. I felt like I was on the verge of cardiac arrest.

I climbed into the passenger’s seat, taking a huge breath.

“So what up?” Vinny asked, settling into the driver’s seat.

“Uh well… I’m pregnant.”

“WHAT?”

Okay so I should’ve seen this reaction coming, but it still scared the shit out of me. It wasn’t an angry statement, more of a hurt/misunderstanding.

“Calm, down, let me explain. It’s not your baby, obviously. And I didn’t cheat on you. I’d like to make that very clear. The father is the guy I dated before you.”

He took a minute to let that sink in.

“So does the dad know?”

“Yeah. I told him as soon as I found out. I wanted to wait to be sure before I told you.”

“Who is he? Do I know him.”

“Yeah… you know him.”

“Who?”

“Um… well it’s Mr. Harrington’s.”

“You… you fucked the history teacher?”

“Yes.”

“And now you’re preggo.”

“That’s how it tends to happen.”

He stared at me.

“So do I get a fuck then?”

“What?”

“You're fucking Mr. H but, you won’t fuck me?”

“I’m not fucking him anymore.”

At this point he’d started the car and was pulling out of the student lot.

“Right. But you’re still not fucking me,” He said, casting a coy smile at me.

“Okay, I get the hint.”

And that was the first time I had sex with Gavin. He pulled the car over into a field, and we did it in the front seat of the crown vic. It wasn’t the epitome of romance, but it was really special.