Status: Sorry to leave you hanging guys! The keyboard on my laptop is malfunctioning.

Stop Pretending That You're Sorry

57

“We’ll have dinner at this place in town, yeah?” Tucci said when I slid into the front seat of the car. He had arrived exactly on time to pick me up from work.

“Sounds good.” With a smile I leaned over and pressed a kiss to his cheek.

‘This place in town’ turned out to be a diner, not that I was complaining, diner food suited me just fine. A somewhat quality hamburger sounded nice.

“Sorry,” Tucci murmured while I perused the menu.

“What for?” My attention turned up towards him and his beautiful eyes.

“That I’m not taking you to some place fancier, nah mean?”

“I don’t mind-“

“Look it’s just that, I wanna save up some money for you and the baby.”

“Wait, what?” I couldn’t help but sputter on my iced tea.

“I wanna save money for you and the baby.”

“You’re planning on supporting me?” I asked, my eyes wide with shock, my jaw hanging open.

“Well, I am your boyfriend. Ain’t that what I’m supposed to do?”

“It’s not your baby though. You still want to help me?” I couldn’t shake the shock from my voice.

“Yes. Just because I ain’t the daddy doesn’t mean I can’t pretend to be. It doesn’t seem like his real daddy is stepping up to the plate like a real man. So I’ll help instead.”

And then I was crying, real heavy sobs and everyone in the restaurant was staring at us. The waitress shot me a concerned look and dug a packet of Kleenex out which she placed on our table.

I gave a watery thanks before opening the package and taking deep breaths to calm down.

“Shit, Regan,” Tucci said. And then we both stared at each other and started cracking up, laughing so hard our sides were splitting.
♠ ♠ ♠
Guys I am so so so so sorry. I've been super busy and brain dead as to where to take this, but I've got a big splotch of drama and action coming your way. I hope to update as much as possible over the next few days to make up for my absence. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR STICKING AROUND EVEN THOUGH I'M A LAME UPDATER!