Status: finished. bur if you want a follow up chapterS, just comment 'em and I will write!!!!!

Stay with Me

FIVE

I was woken up by my phone ringing. Whoever it is, I am in the verge of killing her or him. I didn't bother looking at the screen.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!" A group of guys were singing on the other line of the phone. It's my guys, they were one tour this time of the month. The past 2 years I've been living here in Arizona, I became closer to these boys. Although they're home just for 9 months they were there in my low times, and of course when we're up for some drinks. Surprisingly I got use to the wooden bar I was so afraid to go at first. Turns out that no one even died there. It just happens to be old.

"I didn't even remember it's my birthday... GOD, I'M OLD!" I announced after there song.

"No you're not." My bestfriend's voice said

"Garrett, let's not kid ourselves" I replied getting out of bed as soon as my alarm clock started ringing.

"We were earlier than your clock? Damn, I wonder if we did that on purpose" he replied teasing.

"You asshole." I replied killing my clock.

"How's tour so far?" I added, they're in the east coast at the moment, I never miss New York, or not that much. But just the thought that they're at my old home sends knots in my stomach, my father didn't called me once to check up on me. I am right about him not noticing my absence.

"New York is treating us right, do you want anything?" He asked, like he always did everytime they're on tour.

"I want you back" I murmured, opening my closet and pulling some clothes.

"I know, we'll be back soon, just 2 more weeks, don't miss me that bad" he said, I heard Jared shouting something at the background.

"Did you drugged my cousin or something?" I asked, looking for some shoes to wear.

"No, Pat bit him" Garrett joked as I heard Pat shout 'I absolutely did not!'. A smile escaped my mouth as I settled in the bed. "Let me talk to my cousin!" Jared said as I imagine him trying to wrestle the phone from Garrett's hands.

"Hi Nike! I'm sorry I wasn't there for your birthday, what's your plan?" My cousin asked from the other line.

"Work, and maybe dinner with Lacy." I replied, Lacy got me this nice job at her dad's shop. We don't really do much, just entertain costumer if there's any.

"Well, tell her I love her for me" he said, voice sad. They've been dating for 2 years now, and Garrett's been right about his 'intuition'

"Of course. Uhm hey Jar, since you're in New York and all, can you check on my dad? You don't even have to talk to him, just check if he's okay" I replied, biting my lower lip. It's a risky move, dad will be in the office all day I bet. He doesn't even remember my birthday.

"Of course, I'll do that tomorrow, it's day off" he explained.

"So what are you guys gonna do after the show?" I asked, now standing up to sit on the living room. I eyed my guitar, it's been too long since I last played.

"Gonna parteehh celebrating yo birthday sistaaahhh" Jared replied with his best imitation of John's voice, I laughed as I imagine him dancing while saying that one. "But uhm don't tell Lacy.." He whispered making me laugh more. If there's one person this guy feared it's not his mom, it's Lacy.

"I will not, but lay low on the groupies and hookers Jar-"

"Who even told you we-"

"Liar. Just lay low okay? Don't have sex, god who knows what kind of disease they have" I replied, shaking from the thought. Jared gave me a nervous laugh.

"I am not sleeping with one Nike, I love Lacy, it's just, you know casual flirt" he answered back.

"Well, I am not only pertaining to you and I am glad you're loyal to Lacy, she's a nice girl and honestly, I have no idea on who to side if you broke her heart." I replied, it's true. Lacy's been nice to me since day 1 and I saw how she take of him when he was at the hospital 2 years ago. I heard Jared sigh on the other line.

"And Jared, Garrett is not uhm sleeping with a groupie or a..."

"No he's not. Don't worry, I'll keep an eye on him. We don't want him to break your heart as well do we?" He said teasing, I can feel the heat rising to my face.

"We're bestfriends Jared. Tell everyone my love. I need to bathe. Talk to you later"

"Garrett she says I love you! And oh I love you to everyone as well too and don't sleep with groupies and hookers, especially you Garrett and she needs to bath so she says bye as well!" I heard Jared shouts, I cringed everytime he says Garrett's name.

"Well played Jared, I'll talk to you soon, love you"

"Love you too" he said as I hang up. I looked at the clock and jumped at the time it's already 9 am, my shift starts at 10. I ran into the bathroom to have a quick shower and put on the clothes I selected a while ago. Jared is letting me use his new car-since his old one was crashed 2 years ago- until he's on tour.
I arrived at the bakery shop at exactly 10 am.

"Good morning Nike" Lacy greeted me as she threw my apron with my name on it for me to wear, one of the best part with this job is that the only uniform I need to wear is the apron. Lacy went up to me and hugged me. "Happy Birthday!" She greeted as the other employee greeted me to.

"Jeez thanks guys. Jared says I love you by the way" I said, the last part to Lacy, her cheeks. That was when the first costumer went in and started with my job that day, promising Lacy that we'll go out tonight. The day wasn't that special for the shop. Nearly anyone comes in, so I asked a couple of employee to go home, being friends with Lacy earned me the title of "manager". Only two people were at the shop by noon, me and the cashier. I was sitting on the customers waiting area when someone cleared their throat.

"Oh- you startled me, uhm welcome to the best cake shop in the whole wide universe, are you picking up or what?" I asked, eyeing the guy in front of me, he gave me a smile, something about him is familiar.

"You don't remember me do you?" He asked, I actually don't. I gave him a smile and apologetic look. "I see you haven't change? Still pale, I see" he remarked, he's right, I am still pale, the Arizona sun is no match with my olive skin, I only get red whenever I get expose to sun.

"I'm sorry, I don't remember- uhm so are you picking up or..." I asked, looking at the cashier boy who was staring at us.

"I'm Nate remember? Two years ago? At that bar when you're with your-"

"Oh! I remember, I'm sorry for my lack of communication skills then" I said, remembering him quite clearly. The first time I went to that bar is one for the books, won't forget anything that happened that first night. Well of course before I passed out.

"I noticed. Uhm I'm back for the summer, I was at LA for college, I was wondering if we can hang out- I mean I don't think your cousin won't mind right?"

"He's on tour at the moment, but yeah sure." I replied easily. I don't need permission from Jared.

"Oh- how about tonight?" He asked, scratching the back of his neck, Garrett do that too everytime he's nervous.

"I can't, I have plans with a friend. But anytime after later would be fine" I replied giving him a smile.

"Well that's great, uhm well I should uhm-"

"Aren't you buying anything?" I asked, looking around the shop. He stopped moving and nodded, it turns out that his mom asked him to buy the famous red velvet cupcakes. I asked the cashier guy to get the box as I punch his order on the counter.

"So you go out with friends weekly?" He asked, breaking the silence.

"Sometimes" I answered as the cashier boy handed him the box.

"Thank you for the purchase, see you soon." I said my scripted lines well when he went for the door. I can say that my communication skills improved from the last time we met. I got my phone from my pocket and texted Garrett.

TO: GARRETT (2:00 pm)
I just got ask out. Hah.

After a few seconds, my phone rang, he's calling.

"How could you get asked out you're at work?" Garrett said as I answered the phone.

"Well, hello to you too mister. Nate walked in and-"

"Nate? As in Nate the guy at the bar Nate? I though he's in college?" He asked, voice still high.

"It's summer Gary, why is he a serial killer?" I asked him, teasing.

"No. Why would you date him?" He asked, voice serious.

"Because it's boring here without you guys, I still have 2 more weeks okay." I said defensively.

"I hate it when you use the tour card everytime you're gonna go out with someone" Garrett replied. The butterflies in my stomach was flying faster than it normally would.

"I have to go, love you" I hang up even before he could answer.

&&

Lacy and I went to dinner that night and talked about out boys, I told him about Nate stopping by the shop earlier and she thinks it's nice that I can relax and have fun when the guys are on tour. We talked about the business, the old man scratching his crouch at the next table and even the pains of being a 20 year old virgin. The night was fun, it'd be better if the boys are here to celebrate with us. I just can't wait to see them again.
♠ ♠ ♠
How are tou liking the flow of the story???

Comments, suggestions, theories???

It's 4:30 am from where I am right now and I 'm so sleepy, I'm just glad that I was able to finish this chapter before foing to bed. Enjoy! Btw, don't forget to subscribe!!

P.S: this chapter is long don't you think or...