Status: YAY! i wrote 15 chapters on one year!!! XD and that was 22 thousand words!(it said on my computer like 22,7somthing) I'm so proud of myself!

TLOZ, Rebirth

Spirit's Rest

“Granadhim, how do you feel about this?” Naboru lay beside him, gently pushing his hair out of his face, settling her gaze on his eyes.

Granadhim rolled over and turned his back to her, thinking it over. “As long as I can produce and heir, then the Goddess of Power’s power shall be passed down.”

Naboru pulled herself closer to him, running a lingering touch up his arm. “You do know, your father’s spirit is only reincarnated every hundred years. And he’s the ONLY male at the time till another hundred years. We can try, but it’ll more than likely be a failure and end with a girl.”

Granadhim rolled back over and took his love in his arms. “Who cares then, as long as we can try?”

Naboru nodded and kissed him, lingering and letting him do the rest.

Zelda hung against the wall in the drawing room, crying into her gag. She felt terrible. She was starving, along with her child, and she could do nothing about it. She was suffering, her and Link’s unborn child as well and she could do nothing about that either. She wanted to be in Link’s arms, comforted by his touch, but he was still far away, too far for him to hear her, but she tried; she opened the link of their Triforces and called out:

“Link! Please, hear me. If you can, Granadhim has a new plan in sight, and I have a feeling it’s not any better. You must hurry! Please! For me, for our kids; please, hurry!”

Zelda slumped back down and cried, holding onto all hope that Link heard.

Duiren walked back and forth in the cell that he had been placed in, thinking over what his father might do in his situation. He wasn’t strong enough to open the door, or climb up to the window at the top of the cell. Leaning against the bars, he looked towards where the guard stood watch. Slowly, a plan formed in his head.

‘If only I can find a way to get him over here…’

Duiren looked back at the window and squealed. The guard looked his way and Duiren stuck his hand towards him. “There’s a rat in here! Please, sir, get it out…get it out!” The guard rolled his eyes and continued to stand there. Screaming again, Duiren said, “Please, I’ll keep screaming if it’s in here.”

So he did. Duiren stood there, screaming and screaming, till the guard, fed up with it all, came to his cell and entered. “Where is it boy?”

Pointing to the left wall, the guard made his way over. “I don’t see-”

“No, it’s there! I saw it!” Duiren glanced towards the door while the guard’s back was turned. Smiling, he saw that the guard had foolishly left the door ajar just a hair.

The guard scrounged around the cell, finding nothing. “Boy, you had better’ve seen it in here, ‘cuz otherwise I’m going to-” The door slammed shut to the cell and Duiren locked it. “Hey! You runt! You tricked me!”

“Yup!” Duiren flashed him a victorious smile and ran for it, the keys in his hand still. ‘I’m coming Mama! We’ll be able to go find Father now!’

Link had searched the temple top to bottom and had found nothing. He was now standing, again, in the blaring sun, empty handed.

‘I don’t get it. The book said she resided here, in the temple, but all that’s here is a shrine, nothing more.’ Link turned around and looked at the temple, seeing if he could see anything he had missed. Low and behold, towards the top of the temple a glint appeared. Link squinted and concentrated on that area. A green jewel was embedded in the top pier. Link groaned and banged his forehead against the wall next to him. “Seriously, I have to climb all the way up THERE!” Standing up with a start, he remembered an item from years ago. His slingshot. Running back to Epona, he retrieved it from the saddlebag and aimed for the jewel. Letting the seed pod loose, he hit his target. The jewel hit the ground with a soft thud and Link grinned at his accomplishment. ‘Now let’s go back in and see if this can go anyplace else,’

Link returned to the main room and walked along beside the walls, holding up the emerald. He had made his way all the way around without luck when he noticed a notch in the last wall. It faced the statue in the middle of the room; Link held up the emerald and placed it gently into the notch. It stuck. Letting out a sigh of relief, Link walked back to the doors. The relief was short lived; the emerald began to glow and a beam of light hit the statue, enveloping it in a hard green light.

“What in the -” Link started to say, but he was cut off. The statue blew apart and a hunk of stone hit Link square in the gut. Falling to the ground, he looked up and saw an orb, much like the first one he had seen Zelda hold, floating where the statue had been a moment ago.

‘Who calls upon me?’ it asked, the color of green becoming more of an angry black.

“Li…Link,” Link gasped. “I’m Prince of Hyrule. My wife and son have been taken by Ganon’ s son and I’m trying to get them back. The Forest god sent me to retrieve you and take you back to his temple.”

The orb floated closer to him and stopped just in front of his face. 'My old guardian, he has finally called upon someone to reunite us. I must say, it has been many years, years that I have not known what was happening in this world. After the humans divided us, I was trapped in that statue. With my guardian gone, the curse would still not allow me to do as I pleased. I was sealed, with no one to hear my cries. After hundreds of years, I have learned my lesson. My guardian, the Forest god, would have taught me, but I was left to seek the knowledge on my own. I thank-you for retrieving me. Please, to the best of your abilities, return me to my guardian.'

Link stood, grimacing from the effort, and bowed his head. "I shall do my best."

The Spirit moved closer, and Link held out a hand to take hold of her, but more tricks were up the sanctuary's sleeves. As soon as the orb passed the picture of the three goddesses, the back wall of the sanctuary started to crumble. Link stood in shock as a group of Stalfos, Bokoblins, and huge Wizzrobes came at him.

'I didn't know they put those as guards!' exclaimed the Spirit.

"I don't think they came from the gods!" Link growled, drawing the Master Sword.

The Stalfos and Bokoblins screeched at Link and the Wizzrobes held up their hands, fingers glowing, ready to attack. Link came at the group, raising his sword high over his head, letting out a cry. The first Bokoblin came at Link and threw his ax. Link blocked the attack and slashed at the Bokoblin, killing him with one strike.

'If they aren't from the gods, then where'd they come from?' the Spirit of Earth asked.

"Granadhim! That's where. He's Ganondorf's son, the new Lord of Darkness!" Link replied, slashing at a band of Wizzrobes.

Three Stalfos came at Link all at once. The first screeched and swung his sword towards Link's head. Link blocked, but a jarring pain seared up his arm. 'Electricity!' Letting out a hiss, he swung his sword and caught its waist, splitting it in half. It vanished in a puff of grey smoke, but it was replaced by a Wizzrobe. 'Let's get this over with!' A burst of adrenalin hit Link and he lashed out at the enemies. It didn't take long till all of the monsters were gone. A thick cloud of grey smoke hung in the air as Link made his way for the door. It blew out as soon as Link took hold of the door handle and walked into the sunshine, squinting from the bright light.

'Good job, Hero, I thank-you. You truly do have great courage,' said the Spirit.

Link smiled and walked on back to his horse. "Thank-you for the compliment, now why don't we get you back to the Forest god?"

The Spirit of Earth's color grew a brighter color of green and soared on ahead of Link. Epona didn't mind one bit that the Spirit was following next to her. She just trotted on, eager to get back and head on to the next adventure. It only took them a few hours to get back. The wind picked up and the birds began to whistle. The forest also began to brighten, lighting the way to the Forest god's temple. Epona stopped just outside the doors to the temple and Link and the Spirit of Earth entered.

'Little one.' The Forest god appeared right before them, resting in his chair. 'The Hero has returned you to me.' He turned to Link and grinned. 'Thank-you, Chosen One. Now I can fulfill the job I was given.'

"You're welcome," Link replied, bowing.

'I thank you too. Now I can do my duties as well,' said the Spirit of Earth. Link bowed again.

'I wish you well on your quest Chosen One. I pray you find your family soon and are able to put a stop to this evil.' The Forest god half grinned in condolence. 'I can only aid you a little. As promised, I will give you more information on the whereabouts of the next god. The Earth god resides on Death Mountain. He too has a spirit that he watches.'

'The Spirit of Fire,' said the Earth spirit.

'They are northeast of here,' continued the Forest god. 'May your journey go well.'

"Thank-you very much. I appreciate it," Link said, turning to leave.

'May the Goddesses be with you,' said the Earth spirit behind him.

Link smiled and returned to Epona's side. "You ready girl?" He asked, swinging up into the saddle. Epona snorted and pawed the ground. "Then let's go."

Epona whinnied and started off running, directing herself towards Death Mountain. Link looked on ahead, thoughts stirring in his mind.

' Link! Please, hear me. If you can, Granadhim has a new plan in sight, and I have a feeling it’s not any better. You must hurry! Please! For me, for our kids; please, hurry!'

Link jumped in the saddle and made Epona come to a halt. 'Zelda!' Link growled at Granadhim's name and urged Epona on again. 'I'm coming, I promise! I'm coming, just hold on.' Link returned. 'Hold on… for me.'