Status: on hiatus

Love Is My Battlefield

tell me all about it

The week went by too quickly for my liking and soon it was Friday afternoon. School had finished an hour or so ago and David and I were sitting on my front porch swing again. He was sipping a cup of black coffee and I was sipping my own cup of coffee with vanilla essence.

“So how did your date with Leah go?” I took a small sip from the still hot liquid, watching as a smile spread from ear to ear on David’s face, a certain spark lightening in his eyes.

“It went really well Rosebud. We laughed and talked about pretty much everything. We have so much in common and… she simply seems pretty perfect to me…” My eyes widened at his words, halting my move to take another sip from my cup.

“D… Are you in love with Leah?” David’s eyes widened as well as a deep dark blush quickly spread across his features and he began stuttering mumbling something to lowly for me to hear.

“I’m sorry, what was that big bad D?” I tried keeping my laughter from coming through, but the smile on my face gave it away anyways. David inhaled deeply before speaking again at a normal level.

“No, not love. Not yet anyways..” My eyes widened at his word and my smile got wider if that was possible. I quickly placed our coffees on the porch floor, before giving him a big hug.

“Congratulations David! I’m so happy for you!” we slowly pulled back as he reached for our coffees and handed me a cup. We both took a sip from the cups, scrunching up our faces at the taste. David had switched them up. We quickly and quietly exchanged cups and took a sip from our cups, effectively washing the other taste away.

David hated coffee with vanilla essence and I have yet to learn how to drink coffee black. We both hated the contents of the others cup with a passion which is also why we chose these drinks. We had more than once had mini fights for each other’s drinks, because we mid-way through our drinks wanted the others more or one of us did.

David’s cheeks were normal colored again as I looked over. He looked like he was thinking about something. I knew it wasn’t Leah, because every time he thought of her he would smile this particular smile that he reserved for only her. I can’t wait for when they are fully in love. They are going to be one of those adorably in love couples you can get sick of.

David snapped me out of my thoughts as he cleared his throat. He knew my thinking faces, just like I knew his and just like me he knew how to get the other back to earth best.

“Are you going to meet up with him?” it took me a moment to realize what he was talking about. I sighed a little.

“I really don’t know D, I want to but if it’s who I think it is.. I just don’t know..” I was sitting Indian style on the swing with my arms resting on my legs and my cup in my hands. David moved so he was mimicking me across from me on the swing.

“If you don’t go will you think what if?” I smiled at his familiar question. When we were younger and didn’t know what to do, we were always told to follow our hearts, to sleep on it, to think what would Jesus do and so on. It just didn’t work for us and one day, after watching a movie I always forgot the name of, we were in this dilemma once more.

I asked David if he didn’t do what he was thinking, if he would be thinking what if? And it kind of just became our little mantra of sorts. Will it be a what if? I looked down into my half full coffee cup.

“I think so and that’s what’s scaring me.” D took one of my hands into one of his and squeezed reassuringly.

“You were there for me with all the bimbos and the ups and downs, I’ll be here if you need me.” We both laughed at the joke, we had more than once said this to one another when the other needed reassurance.

I guess I was going…
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading!

So sorry about the delay on this... Life, School and our fieldtrip to Uganda happened... So I can't remember if I thanked butterflywings16 for the comment - so thank you :-)

I'll update again tonight as a sorry it took so long.