Status: Subscribe and Comment Please?! :3

Change Is Good

A New Friend Part Two

I love snow, your agruement is invalid.

I giggled, falling back into the bed of snow, waving my arms and legs together and out. I stood to my feet after I finished my masterpiece, and grinned at my creation. A big, full snow angel, it came out just how I hoped. I know what you must be thinking, 'Man, she's very childish' Well, you would act this way if you'd never were able to make one.

Yes, I loved snow, yet I had never ever made a snow angel, let me explain. My parents were always very strict, from the first day I was born, they would always keep me locked up inside of the house, the only exception was to go to school, and that was my daily routine: Get up, go to school, and come back home. No friends, no hang outs, nothing. Since as long as I could remember, I have always been mesmerised by the white objects that would fall from the sky, and how the kids would play in it everyday when it would fall. I wanted to play with those kids in the snow, and I asked my parents if I could do so. I remember I was five years old at the time, and all they replied with was,

'You will catch a cold, and those rotten kids will do nothing but put you in harms way.'

I huffed at the memory. Locking your daughter up in the house like prison for sixteen years doesn't help it at all either. I chewed on my bottom lip, the anger that remained contained and caged up all these years were unleashed, and was pouring all over my sanity. My hands shook. I kneeled down, gathered some snow, and started forming a snowball in my hands. When I did so, I glared down a tree that stood a few mere feet from where I was. I closed my eyes. Flashbacks flooded my mind; My parents, yelling at me for being who I was, or lowering my confidence. How they forbided my dreams. How many nights I would spend locked up in my room against my will, and would cry myself to sleep each taunting night.

I screamed out in frustration, extending my arm back, swinging the snowball forward as hard as I could, and watched as it flew in the air at a fast pace, and hit the tree trunk with a splat. I breathed hard. Was I having a mental breakdown? Possibly. I fell to my knees, holding my head in my hands, hoping it would take away all of those painful memories, unfortunately, my wish was not granted.

"Hey, are you alright?" I gasped, falling into the bed of snow that had laid behind me. Who was that?

"Hey, I won't hurt you." I turned my head towards the source of the voice, gasping silently at who stood before me.

A boy, around eighteen years of age, he stood at about six foot three. His dark brown hair looked gold under the sunlight's rays, his eyes were like looking at the ocean, a soft, light blue. His skin was a milky pale and was flawless. I thought he was an illusion of my imagination, I even pinched my arm. Nope, not dreaming, he was actually real.

"I'm sorry, did I scare you?" His voice soothed me from my anger that I expierenced not even a minutes ago. I shook my head at his question, not able to find my voice that refrained from escaping my lips. He chuckled, extending his hand out for me to take. I gulped, reaching my hand towards his, grasping it. I felt hand tingle, as did I feel my cheeks burn. He lifted me to my feet like I weighed nothing.

"Thanks." I flashed him a smile, brushing the snow from my bottom.

"No problem. Are you sure you're okay? You seemed pretty flustered not too long ago." He glanced away from me, I followed his eyes, and came to face with the snow-splattered tree trunk. Did he see the episode I pulled off from earlier? I wish I could crawl in a hole forever now. I wonder what he must be thinking of me now.

"Uh yeah. Were you watching me?" I turned to face him, just in time to see his cheeks turn a light pink in embaressment. I covered my mouth, trying to muffle the giggles that escaped my lips.

"Nevermind then. You don't need to answer that." I smiled at him, hoping to make him feel less uncomfortable. He flashed a dazzling one back. Wow, who knew I would ever meet a boy this gorgeous.

We both jumped at the sound of buzzing. We laughed, realizing it had been my phone. I grabbed it from my jean pocket, glancing down at the screen, seeing these words scrawled across the screen,
'Victoria Calling'

"I'm sorry, I have to take this." I excused myself, walking a few feet away, pressing the answer button, pressing the reciever to my ear.

"Hello?"

"You had me worried sick! Where are you?! Are you lost?! Were you kidnapped?! What happened?!" I face palmed, hearing the deep chuckles from afar, and shook my head, knowing the boy could hear every word.

"Calm down, Vicky. I'm fine-"

"Come home now!"

"But, Vicky-"

Before I could finish, the line went dead, leaving the annoying beeping sound to echo in my ear. I shook my head, placing my phone back into my pocket, and walked back over to where the boy stood. He gave me a sad smile when he saw me.

"Mom wants you home?" I held back the wince that threatened to escape my body at the word 'Mom'. I faked a smile back.

"I guess you can say that. I'll see you around." I waved at him, and began my run back to the house.

When I got home, thats when the realization had hit me like a thunderbolt..

I never got the boy's name.