I don't hate Zombies, I just love killing them

Amen

Everyone was up, dressed and all packed up before gathering in a group to make a plan.
“First we need to cut down the number of cars, the more we have the more petrol we need.” Shane stated.
“Get fucked if you think we are ditching my truck” was all that Dylan said, followed by Merle saying his bike was staying even if he couldn’t ride it.
“Glad we got that sorted” Lori sneered earning a glare from Dylan.
“I’ll put our shit in Dylan truck and ride the bike, not like you can ride it now ya fuckin’ cripple” Daryl laughed as Merle shoved him and looked at Dylan.
“Looks like I’m ridin’ with you Princess.” Merle gave Dylan a wink before moving over to her truck.
“Daryl you take point, I’ll take the back” Rick called out as everyone headed to their vehicles.
“Get in behind Daryl, don’t trust them others” Merle muttered while Dylan strapped her son into his booster seat.

The drive was quite other than Axel singing random songs and pointing at things outside, more and more cars were blocking the road to the point where only Daryl on the bike could move through.
“If we find some bullbars, I’m happy to fit them on to this so we can plow through” Dylan spoke her idea out loud.
Merle nodded before jumping out of the truck and carefully getting Axel out too, Dylan getting Bubbles so she could stretch her legs.
Rick started giving instructions for everyone to search cars.
While everyone began going through cars, Dylan grabbed Axel and started searching for a set of bull bars to fit on her truck, finding some she went back to the RV to find Dale.
“Dale, do you have some tools I could use to rip off some bull bars and put them on my Hilux?”
Dale rubbed his neck as he nodded and gathered together an arrangement of tool and handed them over before giving a mini lecture about taking care of them.
Dylan was walking back to her hilux with Merle and the bull bars between them, Axel was with bubbles under the watchful eyes of Glenn and Dale as they worked on the RV, suddenly the call came that walkers were coming.
“Fuck” was all Merle could say before they started running back to the RV.
Dylan dropped the metal when they got to the truck and scooped Axel up in her arms and put him in the truck with Bubbles.
“Baby I need you to be really quite ok? Put your earmuffs on and chose your eyes ok? Bubbles shush, sleep” Dylan commanded before shutting the door and getting under the truck with Merle, everyone was getting under cover.
Dylan had to hold back a growl as she watched feet shuffle past. She could see the other holding back cries as they watched in fear.
It seemed to last forever before Jacquie moved to get out, however as she lifted her body up she hit her head causing a small cry, 2 walkers to turn around. Realising her mistake Jacquie tried to get back under the car with the small girl Sophia but it was too late.
A watched grabbed Jacquie and bit into her arm, Sophia screamed and moved out from under the car and started running for the woods, Rick chased after her while Dylan moved out quickly and silently, pulled out her Reaper from the back of the truck she had sliced through the walker in one swift swing.
Jacquie sat against the car, everyone knowing what had to happen, nobody wanting to say it, but then Merle wasn’t anyone.
“Dylan will take you into the woods, quick and painless” his voice was quiet as Dylan and Jacquie both nodded, everyone else said good bye and moved back as the pair walked into the tree line.

“Don’t tell anyone, but I’m glad I won’t have to live in this world anymore.” Jacquie whispered.
“I understand. Would you like to stand, sit, kneel? See it coming or from behind?”
“I want to pray, when I finish. If there is a god, I think I would like to go to heaven”
Dylan just nodded before Jacquie kneeled down in front of her.
“God, if you are up there, I don’t know why this is happening, if it’s your doing or ours, but I guess I want something after this life, and not one where I will eat the innocent. So please forgive me and keep the others safe, they may be rough around the edged but they deserve to find somewhere safe, be with them, Ame-“ The cut was clean through her neck, her body dropped and her head rolled, Dylan didn’t even pause before she cut the dead in half.
“Amen Jacquie, if there is a heaven, you will be there” Dylan whispered before heading back to the group.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for the lovely comments